[KSP 1.12.2] Physics Range Extender v1.21.0 (04 Sep 2021)

jrodriguez

52 minutes ago, mr. engino said:

I finally encountered that jittery spacecraft glitch that comes with this mod. I was wondering if I reduce the extended physics range, would that help mitigate the issue?

Are you using the lastest version of the mod? Which range are you using? 

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Are you using the lastest version of the mod? Which range are you using? 

I am using version 1.7.0, and the range I'm not entirely sure, I think it's the default range.

EDIT: I checked, the range is 500

Edited by mr. engino

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mindseyemodels said:

so I had the physics range set to 500 so is this the ship shaking you are talking about?  is THIS a side effect of the mod?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you have vessels/debris loaded that are quite far away from each other. You can mitigate this by reducing the 500 km or removing the debris.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, love the mod and thanks for your work on it. I'm having a problem, although it's probably working as intended. When I load a save the mod will focus on each vessel for a second or two to load it, but in some scenarios I have a dozen active craft and who knows how much debris... I will have to let it run for a minute or two to load.

Is there any way around this?

6 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Hi, love the mod and thanks for your work on it. I'm having a problem, although it's probably working as intended. When I load a save the mod will focus on each vessel for a second or two to load it, but in some scenarios I have a dozen active craft and who knows how much debris... I will have to let it run for a minute or two to load.

Is there any way around this?

Hi @Ultimate Steve this is by design in order to extend the terrain properly. Without it, other vessels landed on terrain will collide and be destroyed.

In a future release I will add a switch to disable the extended terrain option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have published a new release recompiled for KSP 1.5.1 (It should work of previous KSP 1.4.X versions too)

https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.8.0

Changelog:
= v1.8.0
- Recompiled for KSP 1.5.1
- Default range reduced to 50 km
- UI simplifed. Removing options that were not used
- Added button to disable de mod.
- Added message to warn the user when the flickering fix is activated.

I have recorded a video doing a quick demo of the PRE UI doing a BDA battle.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been playing this game for a long time and have played it a whole lot but I've never been able to do Falcon 9 style 1st stage recovery in a way I liked (FMRS is nice but I'm not a fan of how each stage isn't simulated at the same time).

This mod made it perfectly doable with no clonk :D Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 2:32 AM, kendoka15 said:

I've been playing this game for a long time and have played it a whole lot but I've never been able to do Falcon 9 style 1st stage recovery in a way I liked (FMRS is nice but I'm not a fan of how each stage isn't simulated at the same time).

Same, it took me a couple of days to find the right tool to make it possible, and this is exactly what I needed! (since even KOS don't work when the vessel is further away from the physics range) 

On 11/20/2018 at 2:32 AM, kendoka15 said:

On 12/11/2018 at 12:03 AM, Danielrojo said:

Same, it took me a couple of days to find the right tool to make it possible, and this is exactly what I needed! (since even KOS don't work when the vessel is further away from the physics range) 

I'm glad you like it guys :) . That is the main purpose of this mod, to support multi-vessel scenarios :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a stupid question to this mod: 

is there any specific reason why you set the pysic ranges for each vessel and not globally? 

(like in)

'PhysicsGlobals.Instance.VesselRangesDefault'

I fell above it, because I had some Issues with Kerbal Konstructs loading assets too late, and I only queryied the default settings. 

1 hour ago, Ger_space said:

I have a stupid question to this mod: 

is there any specific reason why you set the pysic ranges for each vessel and not globally? 

(like in)

'PhysicsGlobals.Instance.VesselRangesDefault'

I fell above it, because I had some Issues with Kerbal Konstructs loading assets too late, and I only queryied the default settings. 

Hi @Ger_space,

When I was doing the initial development of the mod I tested different approaches to achieve the extended range for every vessel. I tried to use just a MMPatch overriding the default values but it didn't work as expected. (you can see more about it here : https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/issues/1)

I will give a try again, maybe it works now.

Just now, jrodriguez said:

Hi @Ger_space,

When I was doing the initial development of the mod I tested different approaches to achieve the extended range for every vessel. I tried to use just a MMPatch overriding the default values but it didn't work as expected. (you can see more about it here : https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/issues/1)

I will give a try again, maybe it works now.

no need, I changed now Kerbal Konstructs to query the active vessels setting, when its on a flight scene. 

I've been having a recurring problem that makes what I'm trying to do impossible. I'm using this mod on KSP 1.6.1 with BDArmory, and i've been trying to test an intercontinental ballistic missile, but whenever I get within about 20 KM of the target, it disappears. I haven't been able to figure out why or make a workaround, And it makes atmospheric rendezvous impossible.

19 minutes ago, imkrazy said:

I've been having a recurring problem that makes what I'm trying to do impossible. I'm using this mod on KSP 1.6.1 with BDArmory, and i've been trying to test an intercontinental ballistic missile, but whenever I get within about 20 KM of the target, it disappears. I haven't been able to figure out why or make a workaround, And it makes atmospheric rendezvous impossible.

That sounds very strange. Because this mod was implemented to enable BDArmory to do such things. Would you mind to open a issue here: https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/issues

Please attach your KSP.log after running the scenario.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

@Tobesy Try 1.7. Although its not directly made for 1.4.5, it is made for 1.4.3 so it should most likely work :)

Huh. @jrodriguez mentioned the 1.8.0 version also worked for previous 1.4 releases... can the latest version (1.9) also be used on 1.4.x?

As a side note, has anyone tried fly-back boosters on RSS? In other words, is it possible to set a ~200km physics bubble without significant wobblyness on the stages? 

18 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

Huh. @jrodriguez mentioned the 1.8.0 version also worked for previous 1.4 releases... can the latest version (1.9) also be used on 1.4.x?

As a side note, has anyone tried fly-back boosters on RSS? In other words, is it possible to set a ~200km physics bubble without significant wobblyness on the stages? 

@Tonas1997 Regarding the version for KSP 1.4 I would suggest to try to use the latest version. In case something is not working as expected I suggest to use an older version ( 1.7.0)

Regarding to fly back bosters and landing them you can certainly do it, how do you plan to do it ? Mechjeb? I can give you some tips

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

@Tonas1997 Regarding the version for KSP 1.4 I would suggest to try to use the latest version. In case something is not working as expected I suggest to use an older version ( 1.7.0)

Regarding to fly back bosters and landing them you can certainly do it, how do you plan to do it ? Mechjeb? I can give you some tips

Thanks for the reply! I'm not playing KSP as of now, but will get back to it in a few weeks once I get a better laptop.

I was actually thinking about doing it the hardcore way, with my own kOS scripts :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.