[KSP 1.12.2] Physics Range Extender v1.21.0 (04 Sep 2021)

jrodriguez

On 7/14/2019 at 4:10 PM, L0ck0n said:

Great mod, but since last KSP update flickering got worse even at short ranges like 30 or 50 kilometres (im using last version of Physics range extender).

That is a beautiful base.  Did you uninstall the mod including the directory it makes in gamedata?  I too had massive slowdowns on the moon but  couldn't figure out if it was this mod or something else.

• 1 month later...

As a note, could you add a "craft visible" range to increase the range at which crafts are unpacked and rendered, but not in physics (instead being on rails or stationary)? 

This could be quite far.

Edited by Ruedii

20 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

As a note, could you add a "craft visible" range to increase the range at which crafts are unpacked and rendered, but not in physics (instead being on rails or stationary)? 

This could be quite far.

There's another mod that already does that.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, The-Doctor said:

Can this extend to the whole of Gilly?

Haha I believe PRE will not crash if you try to do it but I can tell you that KSP will freak out and the Kraken will be disturbed by your extended power.

KSP is not designed to have loaded vessels on different SOI at the same time :)

On 8/28/2019 at 6:29 AM, Ruedii said:

This could be quite far.

It is doable as a @Jacke pointed out other mods already are providing this.

However I think that is out of the scope of this mod, which only cares about full loaded functional vessels

Edited by jrodriguez

3 hours ago, Jacke said:

There's another mod that already does that.

That does it through a round about means.  I mean doing it by actually loading the crafts in sleep state, for closer crafts, not rendering in the playfield them to a backbuffer and inserting them  into the playfeild.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never experienced this bug with PRE since 1.3.1 or thereabouts, but anytime I try to launch a craft and PRE is enabled, my game immediately freezes. If I disable PRE in the settings config, everything works fine, until I activate PRE in the flight screen, then it freezes again.

KSP 1.8.1 

PRE 1.17

I verified my files through steam and even though PRE is the only mod I have installed, it persists. 

14 minutes ago, CrickCrickBang said:

I've never experienced this bug with PRE since 1.3.1 or thereabouts, but anytime I try to launch a craft and PRE is enabled, my game immediately freezes. If I disable PRE in the settings config, everything works fine, until I activate PRE in the flight screen, then it freezes again.

KSP 1.8.1 

PRE 1.17

I verified my files through steam and even though PRE is the only mod I have installed, it persists. 

Please report the bug on the GitHub issues section and attach the KSP.log file

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

New version ready for KSP 1.9.0 you can download it from https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.18.0 

Also available in CKAN as usual.

Changelog:

= v1.18.0

• Recompiled for KSP 1.9.0
  • Fixed issue were the camera was broken after switching to a new landed vessel if the active vessel was in IVA.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:01 PM, KanzKa said:

I'm sorry I'm kinda noob

How to change the range ? I'm not seeing any GUI or something

What's default of stock range and mod's range ?

If you have installed it properly you should use the PRE icon, if you click on it you will see the UI.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a bit of a nullref spam whenever a loaded vessel is in orbit around the Sun. Toggling the mod off in-game immediately stops it. Does not seem happen when in SOI of Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, or Duna (that's all I tested so far). Confirmed with a stock vessel in sandbox mode.

Currently on KSP 1.8.1 with all the DLCs. PRE 1.17.0 with another 100 different mods.

I inserted the code that keeps looping. Please let me know if I need to upload something else. Thank you!

[EXC 19:15:30.161] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PhysicsRangeExtender.TerrainExtender.ExtendTerrainForLandedVessels () (at <ffd20fdd44154501a65913d0a2c35b71>:0)
	PhysicsRangeExtender.TerrainExtender.FixedUpdate () (at <ffd20fdd44154501a65913d0a2c35b71>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

On 3/19/2020 at 12:57 AM, AfterLyfe said:

I am having a bit of a nullref spam whenever a loaded vessel is in orbit around the Sun. Toggling the mod off in-game immediately stops it. Does not seem happen when in SOI of Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, or Duna (that's all I tested so far). Confirmed with a stock vessel in sandbox mode.

Currently on KSP 1.8.1 with all the DLCs. PRE 1.17.0 with another 100 different mods.

I inserted the code that keeps looping. Please let me know if I need to upload something else. Thank you!

[EXC 19:15:30.161] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	PhysicsRangeExtender.TerrainExtender.ExtendTerrainForLandedVessels () (at <ffd20fdd44154501a65913d0a2c35b71>:0)
	PhysicsRangeExtender.TerrainExtender.FixedUpdate () (at <ffd20fdd44154501a65913d0a2c35b71>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Thank you for the feedback I'm working on a fix for this issue and some other opened issues :)

New release here! https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.19.0

Changelog:

= v1.19.0
- Recompiled for KSP 1.9.1
- Fixed critical issue causing KSP to crash when extending terrain in other planets like Moon in RSS.
- Fixed NREs issue when extending terrain in orbit around the Sun
- Increased Crash Tolerance in landed vessel when loaded to avoid RUDs due to physics.

• 1 month later...

Sadly landed vessels still explode once the game starts unpacking terrain.

I know that placing them on static objects is a workaround, but it kind of defeats the purpose of building mobile things.

Staging battles on other planets is completely out of the question this way.

Is there any chance to see a fix for the explody landed vessels problem?

Edited by NippyFlippers
Grammar

7 hours ago, NippyFlippers said:

I know that placing them on static objects is a workaround, but it kind of defeats the purpose of building mobile things.

If you are experiencing any issues I'd recommend opening an issue on the GitHub account, attaching KSP.log and clear steps to reproduce it.

As you can imagine before doing a release I perform some testing. And one of the tests that I usually do is to load and place vessels around Kerbin within 100 km range. 

Besides I also landed several vessel on the Moon using RSS within 100 km.

Everything worked as expected. None of them crashed.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:31 PM, NippyFlippers said:

I do have the same issue, when i get closer to my base on minmus they exploding, plus there was a weird issue where PRE wouldnt let me switch back to nearest objects.

Maybe it's not all PRE's fault since i have tons of mods together but eventually i fixed my issue by setting this value to FALSE;

unknown.png

I dont have what exactly it does but it fixed all of my issues, dont mind the low global range i increased it to 30km after finding out it wasnt the reason for switching issue.

A friend told me setting that value to false should disable PRE completely but so far it still works, i see the messages from pre coming and i can switch to any vessel in selected range without any issue.

4 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

I do have the same issue, when i get closer to my base on minmus they exploding, plus there was a weird issue where PRE wouldnt let me switch back to nearest objects.

Maybe it's not all PRE's fault since i have tons of mods together but eventually i fixed my issue by setting this value to FALSE;

unknown.png

I dont have what exactly it does but it fixed all of my issues, dont mind the low global range i increased it to 30km after finding out it wasnt the reason for switching issue.

A friend told me setting that value to false should disable PRE completely but so far it still works, i see the messages from pre coming and i can switch to any vessel in selected range without any issue.

Uhm if you set that to false then you are disabling the terrain loading, depending on the range your landed vessels might go through the ground. I will try to reproduce the issue but I will need some info about when exactly is the bug happening

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.