[KSP 1.12.2] Physics Range Extender v1.21.0 (04 Sep 2021)

jrodriguez

Thank you jrodriguez for the quick reply, now I can finally build that coastal gun battery without it falling through the ground.

:)

***EDIT***

Changed visibility distance both in config and manually, still no effect. I am clueless as to why...

Edited by HorizonFulcrum

1 hour ago, HorizonFulcrum said:

Changed visibility distance both in config and manually, still no effect. I am clueless as to why...

Try this.

1. Download thee latest version https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

2. Delete and install it.

3.Kill your KSP.exe if it is running.

4.Update all the files in GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances.  Changing the VisibilityRange = 2000000

5. Start KSP

6. Spawn a new vessel and move it to a  KK runway for example. 

7. Spawn a new vessel and fly it straight to 50 km. 

Everything should work fine. I just did it :)

Edited by jrodriguez

On 4/12/2017 at 9:50 PM, jrodriguez said:

Try this.

1. Download thee latest version https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases

2. Delete and install it.

3.Kill your KSP.exe if it is running.

4.Update all the files in GameData\KerbalKonstructs\NewInstances.  Changing the VisibilityRange = 2000000

5. Start KSP

6. Spawn a new vessel and move it to a  KK runway for example. 

7. Spawn a new vessel and fly it straight to 50 km. 

Everything should work fine. I just did it :)

This solved my problem, but I think it caused another one, after using vessel mover, and moving father than 50 km, my crafts start to twitch around before exploding.

Is that a bug with Physics Extender or should I consult the Vessel Mover thread?

***EDIT***

Pretty sure it's VM's fault, need more testing to be sure.

Edited by HorizonFulcrum

I see that this is included with BD Armoury - and this is a cool mod, no doubt. I am wondering if it will affect my save games - does it do this if you have active flights, for example?

Edited by Woopert

22 hours ago, Woopert said:

I see that this is included with BD Armoury - and this is a cool mod, no doubt. I am wondering if it will affect my save games - does it do this if you have active flights, for example?

What d'ya mean, it affects all active vessels, all it does is extends the stock loading range from something like ~2 km to 2000 km in the current mod version, however jrodriguez said that he is working on making that distance configurable.

13 minutes ago, the_machemer said:

Every time I spawn a vessel my space station breaks in two. Anyway to stop this? I'd really hate to have to uninstall BDA just cus of one thing like that.

Please, do you think this is the way to report a problem? Do you think am I wizard or something that can guess what exactly are you talking about? 

If you want me to invest my precious time analyzing your problem, at least you should report an issue on the issues section on GitHub explaining with 0. 0 ambiguities  how to reproduce exactly your problem. 

4 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Please, do you think this is the way to report a problem? Do you think am I wizard or something that can guess what exactly are you talking about? 

If you want me to invest my precious time analyzing your problem, at least you should report an issue on the issues section on GitHub explaining with 0. 0 ambiguities  how to reproduce exactly your problem. 

Look dude I don't need you to analyse my problem, I'm just leaving this here to see if anyone has run into something similar and has any quick tips. Considering that I'm just testing out you're mod, it'd be easier to uninstall and move on that to jump thru the hoops. 

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

Please if you have any problem with it, read first all the posts from this thread and the issues reported. You will likely find the answers to your problem. 

I have and didn't find anything, hence the post. I put it there so that juuuust maybe someone might have a useful tip for me in the future, but if not then so be it. I only just installed BDA last night after watching too many KSP combat videos so I'm not particularly attached to it. 

3 minutes ago, the_machemer said:

I have and didn't find anything, hence the post. I put it there so that juuuust maybe someone might have a useful tip for me in the future, but if not then so be it. I only just installed BDA last night after watching too many KSP combat videos so I'm not particularly attached to it. 

Please report the problem here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues  . Explain the observer behaviour, steps to follow and attach the KSP.log. I will take a look into it.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:25 PM, jrodriguez said:

Known issues

Vessels landed on normal terrain can be destroyed when the terrain starting to get unloaded - this happens usually at 20 km distance. A workaround is to place your vessel on a static objects like runways, KSC, Kerbal Konstruct statics, etc.

Just for confirmation, does this mean that I can say goodbye to my "Useless" class planetary lander probes ? 

I guess also that somewhat FPS impact is to be expected on low spec systems? 

Thanks...

Hi all,

I have published a new release https://github.com/jrodrigv/PhysicsRangeExtender/releases/tag/1.2.0

• Added settings.cfg to allow adjust the ranges.
    RangeForLandedVessels: parameter that can be reduced in order to avoid landed vessels to crash into the terrain. (10 km by default),
    GlobalRange: For all scenarios different than Landed. (100 km by default)

Now you can adjust the ranges using a settings file, by default I have reduced the ranges to 10 km for Landed vessels (I want to avoid people complaining about landed vessels colliding into the terrain) and 100 km for the rest.

Of course you can always increase the range to whatever crazy value you want to test but bear in mind that you might see crazy things :)

28 minutes ago, vdr1981 said:

Just for confirmation, does this mean that I can say goodbye to my "Useless" class planetary lander probes ? 

I guess also that somewhat FPS impact is to be expected on low spec systems? 

Thanks...

Sorry but I don't really know about your useless lander probes :)

The FPS impact depends on how many parts you have in play. Of course is not the same to have a 100 parts vessel that having 4 vessels of 100 parts each loaded at the same time. As usual this is up the user to decide if they are happy with the overall experience.

On 2017-4-29 at 3:50 PM, TheDestroyer111 said:

Well, the range used to be adjustable when PRE was integrated into BDArmory. Unfortunately, it *doesn't seem* to be adjustable now.

On 2017-4-22 at 4:56 PM, AtleSt said:

when are you thinking of adding a system to change the values?

because i am a bit tired of my game lagging so much when i only need like 50 - 150 kilometers.

Now it is :)

Thanks for adding the user-configurable option.

I seem to have an issue with landed ships teleporting about 5 km into the air when I approach them from a distance outside of what I set PRE to. I get to within 10 km or so and suddenly a ship that was landed jumps to the same position, only a few km straight up.

1 hour ago, Used Car Salesman said:

Thanks for adding the user-configurable option.

I seem to have an issue with landed ships teleporting about 5 km into the air when I approach them from a distance outside of what I set PRE to. I get to within 10 km or so and suddenly a ship that was landed jumps to the same position, only a few km straight up.

I have seen teleporting but not with landed vessels but with flying vessels. I guess this is one more of the list of wrong behaviours you can see when playing on the edge of what KSP supports.

I can't really say all of this things are really mod issues because the mod code does not change any position "per se". It just uses KSP API methods to increase some distance number when different events are triggered.

I'm having a bug where the parts kind of vibrate in place. They just kind of jitter around, like one of those "intensifies" memes:

6f9.gif

It gets gradually more violent (over a long time), until it starts to become uncontrollable.

I have bd armory, and hyperedit, if that makes any difference.

It also affects different parts of the parts. For example, different parts of the kerbal's face will be shaking. If it's, say, one of the M230 machine guns from BD armory, the barrel and the mount will be shaking.

50 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

I'm having a bug where the parts kind of vibrate in place. They just kind of jitter around, like one of those "intensifies" memes:

6f9.gif

It gets gradually more violent (over a long time), until it starts to become uncontrollable.

I have bd armory, and hyperedit, if that makes any difference.

It also affects different parts of the parts. For example, different parts of the kerbal's face will be shaking. If it's, say, one of the M230 machine guns from BD armory, the barrel and the mount will be shaking.

Thanks I have seen this too, when using Hyperedit to put something into orbit. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.