When mining classE in timewarp. ast. weight drops but my recources don't fill??

Hi guys.

So i'm baffled as to where my resources are going? i'm mining on a classE as i plan to take it to Gilly, and in 1x speed the resource weight from the asteroid goes down. and the weight of the ore tanks fills up. Great.

All fuel on my ship is already full. the only thing to fill up are the ore tanks. when i timewarp to 100 1000 10000 etc the speed at which the resources drop from the asteroid begin to increase, as you'd expect. but the speed at which the tanks fill up slows to a grind and ultimately stops??? on my convert-o-tron unit, no ore is being converted to anything. everything is stopped. i have no idea where the resources are bleeding off to?

i'm over 300 hours on ksp with solid mining experience never seen this before. the mining equipment and tanks are all stock parts. only engines/decals and other parts unrelated to the mining process are modded.

is this a bug? Please help! Thanks.

yes i uploaded a close up pic you can take a look at when right-clicked on the drill. the thermal efficiency is N/A (this dropped from a higher number) and its core temp is low. the radiators cooling efforts do climb when the drill is on though. they go from around 8% to over 20% that i've seen. not sure what they are on after a few kerbal hours of drilling but they seem to be responding to the drill.

when i speed over 100x ... the drill actually stops and when i return to 1x i have to restart the drills again? it's like timewarp cuts the drill operation. which is odd since i have done this on previous missions over 10,000x warp and the tanks fill up almost instantly at this speed. the mission is grinding to a halt leaving me with 100x all day long for the tanks to fill up once!

it was intended to be a monster powerhouse for mining. with plenty of solar intake and close to 10,000 units of energy storage available so it's not that the thing runs out of power either. it's racking my brain.

i'll give you a tip... when maxing out on timewarp on an asteroid do save frequently. it seems the kraken lurks as often coming out of timewarp shakes the ship and it sometimes snaps the drill off! but anyway you're right on the thermal efficiency n/a applying to the converter. the same does apply to the drill as well though. i don't know... looking and assessing, maybe the thermal efficiency is too low for the drill to operate properly. when the core temp is high the rate of ore collected drops. i figured with 8 medium radiators it would be enough, but maybe they are just too far away? the thermal efficiency is a poblem i think.

With deployable radiators distance doe not matter, they cool the whole ship. I do know high timewarp used to do goofy things with power sometimes, I don't know about current version. The drill has a line: Temperature - 123.45K/500.00K. The drill is most efficient at 500.00K. Lower or higher is inefficient.

ah in that case i have 0 idea. when at 100x warp the click option shows drill to be operational. but at 1000x the message displays 'no surface impact'. they do however burrow deep into the surface. i took the nobbly asteroid surface into account when designing the ship.

baffled. i will just have to deal with a really annoying ore collection, like pulling teeth, i've had the game running in the background for 8 hours today as i go about my business checking back every half hour or so, all to obtain 112 units of ore across 6 tankers. so not even 650 total units. as i type now, i went to 1x warp and for the 5th time today broke my ship off the drill as it shook it apart. this is so painful!

i should have used those solar panels that have radiators on the back side. might have helped.

oh well Brent. Thanks for the input and offering help, is greatly appreciated. Gotta love the KSP community. If you come across any news which may enlighter me on the subject i look forward to hearing. in the meantime good look on your future Kerbal endeavours!

yeah give it a go. all in all i think there just wasn't enough radiators. somehow? i mean i swear i have used less more effectively in the past but the temp rises over 500k and to around 818kwhere efficiency is shot. what i still can't explain is why it disengages the mining process once i hit 1000x warp or more? it has never done that before and has made this very straight forward mission very complicated. oh well give it a go! Thanks.

8 hours ago, nick533a said:

the mining equipment and tanks are all stock parts. only engines/decals and other parts unrelated to the mining process are modded.

is this a bug? Please help! Thanks.

Which Mods that include Mining Equipment do you use?

Nope i mean do you use modes that have Mining Equipment as parts?

Actual some with progressive mechaniks (like 5star Engineer pushs the produktion) have a small Problem.

All Drills do Reserve Max needed Heatabsorption at Start and dry out all other Equipment beforehands. The way around is to install Heatabsorption for maximal drill use+ other Equipment or to physikaly decouple the drills from other Equipment.

At the Moment it is Not realy clear if Stock Mechanik Producer this Bug or not.

Edited by Urses

oh. no i'm confident i don't use mods that have mining equipment as parts.

it's strange because i have in the past used 1000x warp and continued drilling. at 1000x the drill says no surface impact, as if it's not in contact with the asteroid? but it clearly is sunk into the surface.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.