[1.3] Mk3 Shuttle Mid-Deck IVA

Daelkyr

Are you tired of only being able to send four kerbals into orbit with your shuttle replica? Do you mourn the fact that there's no room for your crew to spread out and have fun once they're on orbit? Does your re-creationist urges twitch at the idea that your shuttles only have a flight deck and nothing else? If so, than you've come to the right mod.

The Mk3 Shuttle Mid-Deck IVA mod is just what it says on the tin. A very light-weight mod that replaces the standard Mk3 Shuttle cockpit IVA and 4 kerbal crew capacity with a cockpit sporting a flight deck AND mid-deck with the capability of carrying six kerbals into space. Maintaining all the of the wonderful window "clickability" of the original Mk3 IVA, this mod also goes one further and makes the ladders interactive as well. Finally, you can do everything you've always wanted to do with a shuttle, only you can do it with 2 additional kerbals and the satisfaction of knowing that they'll have room to get away from each other when one of them inevitably gets a "head cold".

DOWNLOAD: Spacedock

MOD'S YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING WITH:

@Pak's Cormorant Aeronology

@MrMeeb's Shuttle Payload Technologies

LICENSE: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA

88x31.png

Edited by Daelkyr
Added Mr. Meeb's AMAZING mod. Not blackmail.

7 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Looks great, @Daelkyr! Must have taken some time to make that.

THANKS!!! It took some time. I have to post a thanks to my playtester @TimothyC in the first post. I did the entire thing so I could have a cool IVA for @Speeding Mullet's stupid awesome Shuttle Challenge V4

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Is it interactable?

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vOVhT

Maybe... :cool:

Edited by Daelkyr

9 minutes ago, dueb said:

I'm sorry if it's a dumb question, but does it work with IVAs modifications like this?

Not a dumb question at all. At this time, no, these mods won't play well together. But I am looking at adding RPM and ASET support in the future.

Yeah, I would also really like to see ASET on those little screen on the lower deck, also I think you should increase the number of seats to four or increase the amount of props, it looks a bit empty (I know how difficult it is to make IVA's but still...)

Im currently using Ruebens 6 kerbal Mk3 cockpit... but I may have to switch to this one... it looks much much nicer... Does it happen to support the version of the shuttle cockpit added by Shuttle Payload Technologies?

3 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Im currently using Ruebens 6 kerbal Mk3 cockpit... but I may have to switch to this one... it looks much much nicer... Does it happen to support the version of the shuttle cockpit added by Shuttle Payload Technologies?

@Daelkyr supplied me with this for my next release, but you can have it now. Give it a go :) 

Spoiler

@PART[shuttle_cockpit]:NEEDS[Mk3CrewMid]
{

@title = Mk3 Cockpit (M)
    @CrewCapacity = 6 
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name = MK3_Cockpit_Int2
    }
}

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Does this support the old Mk3 cockpit?

-Snip-

Not currently. After I get ASET implemented, I definitely want to look at supporting popular mods like FASA and Bobcat. I'll have to give the original Mk3 Cockpit a look as well.

8 hours ago, Daelkyr said:

Not currently. After I get ASET implemented, I definitely want to look at supporting popular mods like FASA and Bobcat. I'll have to give the original Mk3 Cockpit a look as well.

will it be compatible with 0.18? and will it be on steam workshop

On 3/30/2017 at 6:23 PM, minepagan said:

will it be compatible with 0.18? and will it be on steam workshop

I definitely have plans to make sure the mid-deck IVA is backwards compatible with every version of KSP after 1.2.2. Having the confidence that the mod will be usable with each new version of KSP once it becomes the old version is very important to me.

As for steam workshop, right now I only own KSP from the KSP web store. So I am only able to upload my mid-deck mod to the Civilization V steam workshop. If you have a copy of Civ V already purchased, I think that will work out for you. However, I don't advise purchasing Civ V just to download the IVA when Spacedock is available. (I can say that Civ V is an amazing game and I have always chosen to play that instead of working on an Apollo CSM IVA for a "friend".)

Edited by Daelkyr

2 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

I definitely have plans to make sure the mid-deck IVA is backwards compatible with every version of KSP after 1.2.2. Having the confidence that the mod will be usable with each new version of KSP once it becomes the old version is very important to me.

As for steam workshop, right now I only own KSP from the KSP web store. So I am only able to upload my mid-deck mod to the Civilization V steam workshop. If you have a copy of Civ V already purchased, I think that will work out for you. However, I don't advise purchasing Civ V just to download the IVA when Spacedock is available. (I can say that Civ V is an amazing game and I have always chosen to play that instead of working on an Apollo CSM IVA for a "friend".)

#SporkGate

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.