Missing textures when opening stock internal in Unity.

Aescwulf

I've been trying to play around with the internals and props within Unity. 
I have Part Tools set up with Unity, and I have it pointing at a fresh copy of KSP. 
But every time I open up an internal I get loads of errors stating that Textures are all missing, it also states that the models don't exist. 

I have searched around for a few hours with zero hope, so I thought I'd throw a thread to see what I have done wrong and how to correct it.

Took some screenshots from Unity - 

The errors on the bottom say the same thing but for a lot of things. 

EDIT - I've fixed it. I don't have unity/part tools pointing at a clean KSP install, so when I work on a space im copying the internals over to my unity project. 

I've done what people below me suggested to do, is to save the textures as .PNG then the spaces loads up from parttools what I've also done is mimic'ed the KSP folders for spaces ( Squad/Spaces/internalsfolders)
this seems to fix any annoying errors I get. 

Edited by Aescwulf
I've fixed it.

14 hours ago, Aescwulf said:

I have searched around for a few hours with zero hope, so I thought I'd throw a thread to see what I have done wrong and how to correct it.

Finding things can be hard sometimes, but a Google search for "ksp unity texture not found" is what did it for me just the other day.

You just have to convert them all to PNG files and also make sure you flip them vertically as well. I actually did this when Unity was open and it didn't work so I searched and found that I was on the right track so I closed Unity, re-converted them and next time I loaded Unity and imported the model they were there.

I should note I have all my props/spaces in a separate folder and use batch scripts to only load the stuff I need. I convert the textures to PNG but keep the DDS ones in the same folder and the batch files make sure the DDS textures are the only ones copied into my GameData folder when I need them. Not sure what KSP will do if both PNG and DDS are present in the same folder...

Edited by Drew Kerman

Thank's for that. 

With the model missing error, I've been copying what I want to work on and go into blender and import it and export it as something like 3ds, models seem to load in Unity without a hundred errors, but that is prop overkill to what I want to do, I'll try out the converting the DDS into PNG. Is that flipped in the image editor before exporting it as a PNG file? 

I'm now running into the problem where if I close out Unity with part tools etc installed I have to delete that project and make a new one and reinstall part tools etc every single time, because for some reason it doesn't like to load. 

• 3 years later...
On 3/30/2017 at 11:22 PM, Drew Kerman said:

I convert the textures to PNG but keep the DDS ones in the same folder and the batch files make sure the DDS textures are the only ones copied into my GameData folder when I need them. Not sure what KSP will do if both PNG and DDS are present in the same folder...

Unity is so dam fickle.... >:(

I knew of this issue, and had everything working before. Fresh Unity install, new project... and I am back to square one.
I have converted pngs in my install, but Unity is still refusing to load anything.

No idea what the issue is. :(

I also convert the dds, to png, but I change the file extension on the .dds, so they still exist, in the appropriate folders, and I can just switch them back when I want dds.

As to when there are textures that are the same, but in different formats, IIRC, Unity will choose the first file extension alpha-numerically...
Thus, if you have dds AND png... it will pick the dds... which is bad, cuz... Unity and dds... :roll_eyes: ...

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.