RSS compatible mods as of 1.2.2

I have been playing Kerbal heavily modified for RSS the past 4 years (as a retired orbital mechanic)  Real fuels, deadly reentry, SETI Unmanned before manned, (FASA has always been a favorite, as most of my play-throughs begin by emulating the US space program) remote tech and any tech trees what support them (to name the big ones, my games usually run 70+ total mods with great success... and most importantly, CLOUDS AND LIGHTS!  I have spent the past 2 days ciphering thru all the boards and the various versions of said mods, but none appear to work together without some weird ass bugs.  Can you recommend a mod collection that will? I thank you in advance for any time you can commit to me.  Otherwise, keep up the good work and I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.  Also, out of laziness, I have been using ckan to take care of the dozens and dozens of mods.. would i have better luck to install them manually in a particular order?  Since you gentleman (and possibly a lady or two) are the experts in this field, I was wondering if anyone has a list in a txt file somewhere of the ones which work best with the current build?

My saviors... - Kerbal Bowser  :)

Hey fellow RSS user,

First of all, welcome to the forums, I quite like it when someone joins here after some real life experience with space programs/rocktets. :) 
Realism overhaul is still in pre-release, which you can check on their github. Here the dev's give info about the progress etc. 
For realism overhaul and it's independents (especially the game mechanics) I would recommend it to install manually. Sometimes mods change and if you update them automatically your install can get a bit out of order. :)

All the other mods, parts etc, can be done by CKAN.  

I still play RO on 1.1.3 and will wait for a final stable version of the mod. Also, once I started a career, I try to not install or deinstall mods, again especially the ones that change the mechanics.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely recommend using KSP 1.1.3 for playing RO, yep. All the mods required for it are still not updated.

That said, an enterprising person who'd rather spend their time fighting the install process can follow the 'Golden Spreadsheet" and install mods one at a time. Support and install support not provided, since the 'people who know' are busy building and updating mods!

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/issues/610

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.