MAD - Aerospace Parts (v0.6.1) KSP 1.8+

Citizen247

5 hours ago, qzgy said:

Sweet! The new parts look awesome. I like the fat razorback parts actually more than the original 0.625 m razorback parts from earlier.

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with the way they came out. I think the fact that they're closer to the size of the 1.25m parts makes them seem like more part of the fuselage than something sticking out of it. Bodes well for when I finally get around to the 1.25m razorback parts I promised last week :).

ETA:

There are some problems with the 0.9375m parts that I want to address. There's a gap between the fuselage at the edges when surface attached, but I only caught just before uploading. I'm afraid with the rush to get it done, and the fact I had a splitting headache yesterday, some aspects of quality control were missed.

Edited by Citizen247

2 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with the way they came out. I think the fact that they're closer to the size of the 1.25m parts makes them seem like more part of the fuselage than something sticking out of it. Bodes well for when I finally get around to the 1.25m razorback parts I promised last week :).

ETA:

There are some problems with the 0.9375m parts that I want to address. There's a gap between the fuselage at the edges when surface attached, but I only caught just before uploading. I'm afraid with the rush to get it done, and the fact I had a splitting headache yesterday, some aspects of quality control were missed.

Really? I missed that when playing with them. I have been loving them got a skyhawk (ish) craft and another plane to show off later

Just now, SpaceBadger007 said:

Really? I missed that when playing with them. I have been loving them got a skyhawk (ish) craft and another plane to show off later

It's just a small gap, but it's big enough to hurt my obsessive perfectionism :D.

Kicking this out to a deadline is helping with that though. If I was just doing this for myself I'd still be moving single vertex's around on the first cockpit, trying to get them perfect :D

Good looking craft :)

So, slight confession: I really screwed up the last update. If you installed through CKAN you'll want to uninstall and reinstall the mod once this update is available. If you manually installed, make sure you haven't got a /MAD folder in your gamedata, and overwrite MoS with the latest update. In fact no matter how you installed, make sure there's no /MAD folder in the root gamedata folder. It turns out somebody dropped the wrong hierarchy into the upload...

This update should fix the missing IVA textures, removes the surface attached gap for the 0.9375m parts and tweaks the config files for numerous parts. Also gives the razorback parts slightly more descriptive names.

<Download>

Edited by Citizen247

12 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Nice! Gonna have to start on an A-7:P

I almost did the corsair but i figured the intruder would be more fun. I hope yours comes out good. Or maybe try a crusader.

5 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Good looking craft :)

So, slight confession: I really screwed up the last update. If you installed through CKAN you'll want to uninstall and reinstall the mod once this update is available. If you manually installed, make sure you haven't got a /MAD folder in your gamedata, and overwrite MoS with the latest update. In fact no matter how you installed, make sure there's no /MAD folder in the root gamedata folder. It turns out somebody dropped the wrong hierarchy into the upload...

This update should fix the missing IVA textures, removes the surface attached gap for the 0.9375m parts and tweaks the config files for numerous parts. Also gives the razorback parts slightly more descriptive names.

<Download>

Damn dude, you are dedicated!

I encountered an extraction error with 7zip but eventually got it working anyway so i didnt post about it earlier. I always delete mod folders before updating them.

xqSOan.png

As an aside note, I thought of one other part type that would make your razorback stuff really come together. Literally!

How about some 0.625m to 0.9375m changeover parts for smooth transition lines on the body of aircraft?

Edited by Slamnam
Added another request

29 minutes ago, Slamnam said:

I encountered an extraction error with 7zip but eventually got it working anyway so i didnt post about it earlier. I always delete mod folders before updating them.

Was this from the previous update or this one?

How about some 0.625m to 0.9375m changeover parts for smooth transition lines on the body of aircraft?

Planned for the next update :)

Edited by Citizen247

This new one actually just did it too. The older ones did not. I deleted the offending folder from /Temp but it did not seem to prevent it from happening again. I had to task kill 7zip because it just locks up every time.

Extracting it with explorer also causes an error but i can just select copy and replace to finish it.

sduwbg.png

There *is* something funny happening with the folder structure. Is it attempting to place two copies of the same file? CKAN is barfing because of this, but a close look at the archive shows two literal instances of Mk1RazorBack.mu and MK1TRazorback.mu in the /Parts/Command directory.

Each file in the pairs has a different file size, and one of the pairs has different capitalization, which normalizes in Windows.

Edited by Beetlecat

2 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

There *is* something funny happening with the folder structure. Is it attempting to place two copies of the same file? CKAN is barfing because of this, but a close look at the archive shows two literal instances of Mk1RazorBack.mu and MK1TRazorback.mu in the /Parts/Command directory.

so its basically like this.
Mh4gjh.png

I've worked out the issue. Linux, which I'm using, distinguishes between files based on capitalisation, Windows doesn't. Some how I've ended up with two files that are Mk1-whatever- and MK1-whatever-. Linux sees them as different file names, Windows doesn't.

Since all my testing was also done in Linux, I never noticed :/. Fixed now.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:38 AM, Citizen247 said:

I'm planning on doing some sort of modular cockpit (if I can get it to work) where you can construct cockpits from a few different front and end pieces and an arbitrary number of manned middle sections. IF it'll work I'd prefer to do that for stretched cockpits.

Modular cockpits is exactly what this game needs!

If that works, it'll make creating replicas so easy!

There won't be an update this week, work has been very busy and I've not gotten home before 9 the last two days, so I've simply had no time to work on things. I'm now about to run off to the wilds of the lake District, where I'm unlikely to have reliable internet, or electricity, until next Tuesday. I'll be looking to upload an update next week.

I'll probably be easing off on weekly updates now. Partly because most of the low hanging fruit are already done, and partly because quality control is obviously suffering a bit. Things like new fuselage form factors are going to be fairly huge updates.

4 hours ago, stickman939 said:

Modular cockpits is exactly what this game needs!

If that works, it'll make creating replicas so easy!

Yeah, flexibility for building aircraft is something I've felt was lacking in ksp. Modular cockpits is one of the things I've been thinking would be a good idea, along with surface mount ladders, that no one has done. I kept thinking "why hasn't someone done this" before i realised I'm someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I've been AWOL for awhile. I got back from holiday, and then was hammered for some artwork I needed to do for other people. I'm only just getting time to look at this again.

On 29/04/2017 at 6:32 PM, Avalinx said:

My new plane the Cooler-B, when building this plane i've discovered that would be nice if we can store fuel in the razorback.

Nice :). I'd envisioned them as structural only, but it shouldn't be too hard to write an optional ModuleManager config to add fuel storage. I'll try to do that to go live with the part updates which should hopefully be up sometime this week.

23 hours ago, Overland said:

How about mark 3 size? With a mark 1 size cockpit?

Ala mark 1 B52 or B47

Is it just me, or does the YB-52 look an order of magnitude cooler than the final production aircraft?

I'm looking to do some sort of modular cockpit system that will be surface mounted. This hopefully will add the flexibility to do things like the above, while reducing the workload for me.

On 2017-5-9 at 5:32 AM, Citizen247 said:

I'm looking to do some sort of modular cockpit system that will be surface mounted. This hopefully will add the flexibility to do things like the above, while reducing the workload for me.

I too think this is the way to go, in order to produce a lot of cockpit choices. Radial cockpits, which you  simply put over fuselages or fuel tanks. Much of the pilot remains hidden inside the fuselage anyway, with only the glazing protuding above the fuselage line.

The STRIKER mod has three of those parts, one looking like a bf-109, which I am assuming was much easier to do part than a full-fuselage part. 

What the game needs is some more optional bubbles, windows and turrets, just for the cosmetics of it. Many 1940s planes could be emulated if such parts were available, even if they did not have the crew capacity. Think, for instance, if you razorback had an alternative 'glazed' looks to it, specially the drop-looking ones. You know those dorsal observation windows the PBY Catalina had? If your razorback had a glazed version, they could imitate those somewhat. Same thing goes for turrets and bubbles. We have so many aerodinamic nose cones, why not a glazed nose cone, to look like a bombardier station? 

Edited by Daniel Prates

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.