MAD - Aerospace Parts (v0.6.1) KSP 1.8+

Citizen247

10 hours ago, AirShark said:

They look great! Can't wait to use them!
Also, I think it would be great to have a second oblong nose cone, but one that angles down, kind of like the cockpit/nose of a SEPECAT Jaguar:

Thanks. Also, that's a great idea. I'll try and get one done for this update.

Version 0.6 is up.

k5jUdIK.png

POsBJGq.png

X81VvL9.png

eBrdIlQ.png

New Parts:

• Oval fuel tank
  • Oval long and short structural fuselage
  • Short Oval to mk1 (1.25m) adapter
  • Short and long Oval to 0.625m adapter
  • short and long Oval to 0.9375m adapter
  • Oval 5 degree slant adapters
  • Short oval nose cone
  • Long oval nose cone
  • Long Drooped oval nose cone
  • Oval Circular stack mounted air-intake
  • Oval Super-Sabre style stack mounted air-intake
  • Oval Cone stack mounted air intake
  • Oval Ramp stack mounted air-intake 
  • Surface attached razor back single seat bubble cockpit with IVA
  • Surface attached razor back single seat fighter cockpit with IVA
  • Surface attached razor back dual seat fighter cockpit with IVA

Download

Future plans:

I'm not entirely happy with the cockpits, I think they need to be slightly larger, so I'm going to try and re-model them and rebuild the IVA. While I'm at it I'm going to improve the quality of the IVAs on the other cockpits as well. To that end I'm considering adding ASET props as a dependency, or at least an optional one, to improve IVAs. I'll also make a quality pass to iron out a few minor cosmetic issues with some parts.

Edited by Citizen247

1 hour ago, Citizen247 said:

I'm considering adding ASET props as a dependency, or at least an optional one

+1 for optionality, please. I rarely if ever look at IVAs, and have no interest in joining the update cycle on another mod when all it's doing is sucking RAM and CPU cycles.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:31 AM, JH4C said:

+1 for optionality, please. I rarely if ever look at IVAs, and have no interest in joining the update cycle on another mod when all it's doing is sucking RAM and CPU cycles.

I don't much use IVA myself. If I've spent hours modelling parts, then hours more perfecting the craft built from them, I tend to want to see it... Hence why the IVAs have been of mixed quality, they've been a bit of an afterthought. I want to improve the model quality of the IVA in any event, but it would be nice to have good props as well so they actually look like real cockpits, it's the perfectionist in me. Equally, I don't want to lumber people with lots of mods purely for aesthetic reasons. So... My current plan is to have stock only IVAs as default and a ModuleManager patch that replaces the props with ASET ones if it's present, so more compatibility than dependency. I want to "theme" the cockpits as well, i.e. modern cockpits will be all glass multifunction displays, transitional cockpits with multifunction displays and standard dials and older cockpits (like the IRT40) with just dials.

7 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

So... My current plan is to have stock only IVAs as default and a ModuleManager patch that replaces the props with ASET ones if it's present, so more compatibility than dependency. I want to "theme" the cockpits as well, i.e. modern cockpits will be all glass multifunction displays, transitional cockpits with multifunction displays and standard dials and older cockpits (like the IRT40) with just dials.

<3

EDIT: ...oh no

Edited by theonegalen

24 minutes ago, Polyus said:

Aircraft that I've made with your intakes get an engine flameout on takeoff. No I don't use AJE, should I?

No, AJE isn't required but it's a possible reason for intakes not working. Can you upload a craft file for one of the non-working aircraft?

1 hour ago, Polyus said:

I've got the file but can't load it in stock. What other mods are you using for this craft so I can install and test?

ETA:
Nevermind, I tracked them down.
X5Pcoc1.png
MRpk0cZ.png

There was no engine included, but I tried several and they all worked fine. Which would suggest to me either:

The engine you're using is bugged.

There's a conflict with another mod.

or

The download is corrupted or miss-installed.

Try downloading again and reinstalling. If that doesn't work it might take checking it with a clean install and adding mods one at a time to see if there's an interaction.

Edited by Citizen247

2 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

@AirShark That's a nice looking craft. It also gives me some ideas for new parts...

If you're looking for new parts, maybe some new inlets would be cool, like those on the Avro Arrow: Image result for CF-105

or on the F-4 Phantom: Image result for f-4 phantom

Also I found the tandem cockpit to be just a little too short, but it looks great nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, Cratzz said:

@Citizen247 If i only want the cockpits i can remove every folder in Mos/MAD/Parts exept the Command folder, right?

No, you need the Internal folder as well as that holds the IVAs.

16 hours ago, AirShark said:

If you're looking for new parts, maybe some new inlets would be cool, like those on the Avro Arrow: 

or on the F-4 Phantom: 

Also I found the tandem cockpit to be just a little too short, but it looks great nonetheless. 

Squared inlet and spine parts are on my wishlist. They're a bit further down the line though. My next update is aimed at improving the current parts. To that end I agree about the tandem cockpit, I want to elongate that and improve the IVA of it and a number of cockpits.

The update after that is probably going to be aimed at adding ww2 style parts, primarily bomber parts for things like Lancasters with enlarged oval fuselages. I also want to add WW1 style parts, like smaller oval parts and exposed cockpits like the one NESD has put together.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:34 PM, Citizen247 said:

No, 

The update after that is probably going to be aimed at adding ww2 style parts, primarily bomber parts for things like Lancasters with enlarged oval fuselages. I also want to add WW1 style parts, like smaller oval parts and exposed cockpits like the one NESD has put together.

Crewed noses,  blisters and firing positions are things no one has done before. Positions for gunners, navigators,  bombardiers,  spotters ... we are in need of that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.