Citizen247

MAD - Aerospace Parts (v0.6) KSP 1.4.5

Recommended Posts

How did I miss this one?!! I've been looking for razorback style cockpits for so long. They look great! Going to install this mod asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, eagle92lightning said:

Please continue work on this mod, I have fallen in love!

I agree. This mod is a blessing for variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are so great!

CKAN seems to have an old version with just the razorback mk1 inline. I didn't realize there was so much more. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 1:11 AM, eagle92lightning said:

Please continue work on this mod, I have fallen in love!

Thanks all. I'm continuing work, just a bit busy IRL at the moment.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:25 AM, Beetlecat said:

These are so great!

CKAN seems to have an old version with just the razorback mk1 inline. I didn't realize there was so much more. :D

That's strange... I have sort of backed off from ckan for a bit, but what was on there was more up to date than that. I'll try and see what's wrong when I get a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 8:58 AM, CovetedSeraph said:

Really enjoy using these parts. Good excrements.

I really agree. The best. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kerbalaviator said:

Will this ever be updated? I had a lot of fun with it in previous versions but can't get it to work now in 1.7.

It will as and when I have available time to do so. At the moment I'm working on a major overhaul of another mod, and 1.7 has only just been released.

I've tested the parts in a clean install of 1.7 just now, and they loaded and worked fine as far as I can see. What's the problem you're having?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

It will as and when I have available time to do so. At the moment I'm working on a major overhaul of another mod, and 1.7 has only just been released.

I've tested the parts in a clean install of 1.7 just now, and they loaded and worked fine as far as I can see. What's the problem you're having?

None of the parts are showing up.  I am pretty sure I've installed it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kerbalaviator said:

None of the parts are showing up.  I am pretty sure I've installed it correctly.

As I said it works fine for me in 1.7, which indicates it's local to your install. Possibly a mod conflict or not installed properly or corrupted download. Can you upload your log file somewhere and give me the link please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

time for a clean install since i havent played in a while. Gotta include this mod as usual. parts mods usually work okay with new versions, it's my dozens of other mods i have to figure out again.

 

edit: f yeah supersaber!

Edited by Slamnam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 4:50 PM, Citizen247 said:

As I said it works fine for me in 1.7, which indicates it's local to your install. Possibly a mod conflict or not installed properly or corrupted download. Can you upload your log file somewhere and give me the link please?

Can you think of any mods that might conflict? I've reinstalled the gamedata several times over and removed almost all of my mods.  

Also, how would I upload my log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, kerbalaviator said:

Can you think of any mods that might conflict? I've reinstalled the gamedata several times over and removed almost all of my mods.  

Also, how would I upload my log?

I don't know if any mod conflicts. 

You can copy and paste the contents of your log file to pastebin and post the link here.

Edited by Citizen247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

I don't know if any mod conflicts. 

You can copy and paste the contents of your log file to pastebin and post the link here.

the only thing I have in my logs folder is a folder ModuleMagager with contents ModuleManager.log and MMPatch.log

Do you mean this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, in the main game folder there's a ksp.log file that's the one that should tell us what's happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

No, in the main game folder there's a ksp.log file that's the one that should tell us what's happening.

Copy the whole thing?  Because it's really long.

Edited by kerbalaviator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

it exceeds the limit for pastebin.  Is there any other way I can get it to you?

I found a bit that i think might help, so should I paste it here?

 

Edited by kerbalaviator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kerbalaviator said:

its up

[LOG 09:25:49.394] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1/MoSCone1'
[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1' as model does not exist

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

There's a whole list of the above errors in the log file. That's interesting because it does log loading the models:
 

[LOG 09:25:08.099] Load(Model): MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1

This is true for all the parts it's not loading. So, in short, the parts aren't showing because KSP seems to not be loading the models for some reason. Why this would fail for you, but be ok for me and others, I have no idea. If the models were corrupted it wouldn't work anywhere.

Where did you get the download? CKAN? If it's ckan try removing and download manually from github:
https://github.com/seanyoung247/MAD/releases/tag/v0.5.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

[LOG 09:25:49.394] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1/MoSCone1'
[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1' as model does not exist

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

There's a whole list of the above errors in the log file. That's interesting because it does log loading the models:
 


[LOG 09:25:08.099] Load(Model): MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1

This is true for all the parts it's not loading. So, in short, the parts aren't showing because KSP seems to not be loading the models for some reason. Why this would fail for you, but be ok for me and others, I have no idea. If the models were corrupted it wouldn't work anywhere.

Where did you get the download? CKAN? If it's ckan try removing and download manually from github:
https://github.com/seanyoung247/MAD/releases/tag/v0.5.2

I used the github download 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've realised what the problem is:
 

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1' as model does not exist
[LOG 09:25:08.099] Load(Model): MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1

 

The parts are configured for a folder structure of "MoS/MAD/Parts/-". You've installed the MAD folder directly in gamedata. It can't find "MoS/MAD/Aero/MoSCone1" because it's been installed to "MAD/Aero/MoSCone1".

Create a MoS folder in gamedata and move the MAD folder to it, then it should work.

Edited by Citizen247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.