MAD - Aerospace Parts (v0.6.1) KSP 1.8+

Citizen247

On 10/23/2018 at 1:11 AM, eagle92lightning said:

Please continue work on this mod, I have fallen in love!

Thanks all. I'm continuing work, just a bit busy IRL at the moment.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:25 AM, Beetlecat said:

These are so great!

CKAN seems to have an old version with just the razorback mk1 inline. I didn't realize there was so much more. :D

That's strange... I have sort of backed off from ckan for a bit, but what was on there was more up to date than that. I'll try and see what's wrong when I get a chance.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, kerbalaviator said:

Will this ever be updated? I had a lot of fun with it in previous versions but can't get it to work now in 1.7.

It will as and when I have available time to do so. At the moment I'm working on a major overhaul of another mod, and 1.7 has only just been released.

I've tested the parts in a clean install of 1.7 just now, and they loaded and worked fine as far as I can see. What's the problem you're having?

8 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

It will as and when I have available time to do so. At the moment I'm working on a major overhaul of another mod, and 1.7 has only just been released.

I've tested the parts in a clean install of 1.7 just now, and they loaded and worked fine as far as I can see. What's the problem you're having?

None of the parts are showing up.  I am pretty sure I've installed it correctly.

3 hours ago, kerbalaviator said:

None of the parts are showing up.  I am pretty sure I've installed it correctly.

As I said it works fine for me in 1.7, which indicates it's local to your install. Possibly a mod conflict or not installed properly or corrupted download. Can you upload your log file somewhere and give me the link please?

time for a clean install since i havent played in a while. Gotta include this mod as usual. parts mods usually work okay with new versions, it's my dozens of other mods i have to figure out again.

edit: f yeah supersaber!

Edited by Slamnam

On 4/24/2019 at 4:50 PM, Citizen247 said:

As I said it works fine for me in 1.7, which indicates it's local to your install. Possibly a mod conflict or not installed properly or corrupted download. Can you upload your log file somewhere and give me the link please?

Can you think of any mods that might conflict? I've reinstalled the gamedata several times over and removed almost all of my mods.  

Also, how would I upload my log?

12 hours ago, kerbalaviator said:

Can you think of any mods that might conflict? I've reinstalled the gamedata several times over and removed almost all of my mods.  

Also, how would I upload my log?

I don't know if any mod conflicts. 

You can copy and paste the contents of your log file to pastebin and post the link here.

Edited by Citizen247

14 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

I don't know if any mod conflicts. 

You can copy and paste the contents of your log file to pastebin and post the link here.

the only thing I have in my logs folder is a folder ModuleMagager with contents ModuleManager.log and MMPatch.log

Do you mean this?

13 minutes ago, kerbalaviator said:

its up

[LOG 09:25:49.394] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1/MoSCone1'
[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1' as model does not exist

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

There's a whole list of the above errors in the log file. That's interesting because it does log loading the models:

[LOG 09:25:08.099] Load(Model): MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1

This is true for all the parts it's not loading. So, in short, the parts aren't showing because KSP seems to not be loading the models for some reason. Why this would fail for you, but be ok for me and others, I have no idea. If the models were corrupted it wouldn't work anywhere.

Where did you get the download? CKAN? If it's ckan try removing and download manually from github:
https://github.com/seanyoung247/MAD/releases/tag/v0.5.2

3 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

[LOG 09:25:49.394] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1/MoSCone1'
[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1' as model does not exist

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 09:25:49.396] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

There's a whole list of the above errors in the log file. That's interesting because it does log loading the models:

This is true for all the parts it's not loading. So, in short, the parts aren't showing because KSP seems to not be loading the models for some reason. Why this would fail for you, but be ok for me and others, I have no idea. If the models were corrupted it wouldn't work anywhere.

Where did you get the download? CKAN? If it's ckan try removing and download manually from github:
https://github.com/seanyoung247/MAD/releases/tag/v0.5.2

I used the github download 

I've realised what the problem is:

The parts are configured for a folder structure of "MoS/MAD/Parts/-". You've installed the MAD folder directly in gamedata. It can't find "MoS/MAD/Aero/MoSCone1" because it's been installed to "MAD/Aero/MoSCone1".

Create a MoS folder in gamedata and move the MAD folder to it, then it should work.

Edited by Citizen247

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.