MAD - Aerospace Parts (v0.6.1) KSP 1.8+

Citizen247

• 2 weeks later...

I've started working on some more parts. I'm aiming at primarily producing WW2 era bomber parts this time, starting with a Lancaster style nose.

zLtA4GJ.jpg

I'll probably add bubble cockpits designed to look like gun emplacements, 2.5m oval parts and fill in some gaps in the 1.25m oval parts.

5 hours ago, Svm420 said:

I love your oval parts. :) Would you consider making a 5 deg slice hoz and vert, like you did for the oval, for the regular round fuselage. Thanks!

There's one already in Airplane plus. Generally, I'm only trying to plug gaps with this mod. Having said that I would like to make some angled parts that are more versatile, I.e. that can do more arbitrary angles than just 5 degrees, eventually.

9 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

There's one already in Airplane plus. Generally, I'm only trying to plug gaps with this mod. Having said that I would like to make some angled parts that are more versatile, I.e. that can do more arbitrary angles than just 5 degrees, eventually.

Honestly didn't realize it did. i don't know how since I've always had it installed, but thanks for pointing out the not so obvious ;) If you ever go back to 60-70s jets i have a few ideas.

Edited by Svm420

17 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Honestly didn't realize it did. i don't know how since I've always had it installed, but thanks for pointing out the not so obvious ;) If you ever go back to 60-70s jets i have a few ideas.

I will undoubtedly at some point. I actually want to improve the existing surface attached cockpits as well. What were you thinking?

On 5/12/2019 at 6:24 AM, Citizen247 said:

Generally, I'm only trying to plug gaps with this mod.

How about a short section of oval fuel fuselage?

Edited by Svm420

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, foxbat2525 said:

Love this mod, especially the radial cockpits. Any chance of getting some fuselages with different fuel types (cryo/RCS etc) in the oval form? Alternatively making the existing ones able to use something like Interstellar Fuel Switch?

I'm stalled at the moment. Lots going on. I'm pretty sure all the Fuel tanks work with Real Fuels, I'll look into Intestellar compatibility ASAP.

1 minute ago, Citizen247 said:

I'm stalled at the moment. Lots going on. I'm pretty sure all the Fuel tanks work with Real Fuels, I'll look into Intestellar compatibility ASAP.

No worries. Thanks for the rapid response. I haven't been using real fuels recently so I might go back to it in the meantime in that case.

Thanks for the great work, fly safe.

• 7 months later...

@Citizen247 two issues for your next update: missed some texture reassignment for the new Squad folder structure and you also have two MoS_RBSpine05Long entries in your MoS_MM_SpineFuel.cfg patch file. They have different fuel levels so likely an unfinished copy/paste but not sure what the second one should refer to.

Until an update, anyone else can use the patch below to deal with both issues

@PART[MoSCone1|MoSCone2|MoS_NoseIntake1]:FINAL
{
  @MODEL
  {
    !texture=0
    !texture=0
    texture = Cones, Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones
    texture = Cones_Heat, Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones_Heat
  }
}

@PART[MoS_RBSpine05Long]:FINAL
{
  !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {},1
}

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2020 at 4:00 AM, Drew Kerman said:

@Citizen247 two issues for your next update: missed some texture reassignment for the new Squad folder structure and you also have two MoS_RBSpine05Long entries in your MoS_MM_SpineFuel.cfg patch file. They have different fuel levels so likely an unfinished copy/paste but not sure what the second one should refer to.

Until an update, anyone else can use the patch below to deal with both issues

@PART[MoSCone1|MoSCone2|MoS_NoseIntake1]:FINAL
{
  @MODEL
  {
    !texture=0
    !texture=0
    texture = Cones, Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones
    texture = Cones_Heat, Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones_Heat
  }
}

@PART[MoS_RBSpine05Long]:FINAL
{
  !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {},1
}

Thanks, sorry I've not been around, I've got this fixed on my configs, I'll try and push a bug fix update in ASAP.

I'll also try to get some actual updates done in the not to distant. Unfortunately I'm a key worker and doing a course and doing training so I'm a little short on time and motivation at the moment (and the last like, six months...)

• 1 month later...

So, I've been looking at getting back to work on this, and honestly the state of the source files and project is an insurmountable obstacle to my motivation. Problem is I was learning how to create models and rig them for KSP and over time the project has become a mess that's getting increasingly difficult to deal with. I'm not happy with some of the assets while also struggling to deal with fixing them as they are. Also, while not making my own textures makes the mod relatively light-weight and easier to add assets, it also makes it extremely difficult to get things looking how I want.

So. My current plan is to start again from scratch. Recreate much of what I have here better and better organised with my own texture assets. I'd also like to set things up to reuse certain assets like IVAs so I can create higher quality ones with less effort. So my next update to be expected at some point, probably be to recreate what you have here, but with better assets. So a refresh, which will hopefully also make it easier for me to start adding new parts.

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, Citizen247 said:

So, I've been looking at getting back to work on this, and honestly the state of the source files and project is an insurmountable obstacle to my motivation. Problem is I was learning how to create models and rig them for KSP and over time the project has become a mess that's getting increasingly difficult to deal with. I'm not happy with some of the assets while also struggling to deal with fixing them as they are. Also, while not making my own textures makes the mod relatively light-weight and easier to add assets, it also makes it extremely difficult to get things looking how I want.

So. My current plan is to start again from scratch. Recreate much of what I have here better and better organised with my own texture assets. I'd also like to set things up to reuse certain assets like IVAs so I can create higher quality ones with less effort. So my next update to be expected at some point, probably be to recreate what you have here, but with better assets. So a refresh, which will hopefully also make it easier for me to start adding new parts.

Good to hear something's in the works.
Apologies for necroposting

On 5/16/2020 at 10:40 AM, Citizen247 said:

The mod still works fine, so it will need a minor tweaking here and there. No complaints really.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd drop a note. I'm sorry I've not been around for awhile, that's a situation that may continue until the end of the year I'm afraid. I've been given an overseas assignment and I'm currently in Florida, which is quite different from the UK... In any event moving to a new country, starting a new job there and trying to deal with a course is a great deal of work. It doesn't leave much time left over for modding. If there's any issues with current code please feel free to message me and I'll do me best to solve issues, but I can't promise any new features for awhile.

2 hours ago, Citizen247 said:

Just thought I'd drop a note. I'm sorry I've not been around for awhile, that's a situation that may continue until the end of the year I'm afraid. I've been given an overseas assignment and I'm currently in Florida, which is quite different from the UK... In any event moving to a new country, starting a new job there and trying to deal with a course is a great deal of work. It doesn't leave much time left over for modding. If there's any issues with current code please feel free to message me and I'll do me best to solve issues, but I can't promise any new features for awhile.

Real life takes precedence over a game. Good luck on your new job and life.
At least you'll get a nice tan......or you'll be a two-legged lobster. :D

• 6 months later...

In case some people want to know, it still mostly works with 1.11.2, however if you intend to use it on an install with Janitor's Closet, be sure to edit 3 files :

/MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSNoseIntake1.cfg

/MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/SpineIntakeMid.cfg

/MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/SpineIntakeSmall.cfg

to add a comma (,) between the different bulkheadProfiles definition or you will have an editor bug

You might also want to edit /MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1.cfg

to update the texture path of the MODEL, as the correct paths are

Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones

Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones_Heat

the original files missed the "/Assets" part of the path.

2 hours ago, EthanKerbman said:

In case some people want to know, it still mostly works with 1.11.2, however if you intend to use it on an install with Janitor's Closet, be sure to edit 3 files :

/MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSNoseIntake1.cfg

/MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/SpineIntakeMid.cfg

/MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/SpineIntakeSmall.cfg

to add a comma (,) between the different bulkheadProfiles definition or you will have an editor bug

You might also want to edit /MoS/MAD/Parts/Aero/MoSCone1.cfg

to update the texture path of the MODEL, as the correct paths are

Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones

Squad/Parts/Aero/cones/Assets/Cones_Heat

the original files missed the "/Assets" part of the path.

This was on my list to re-add/tinker with soon in my new career game. Thank you so much for the sleuthing and sharing!

Edited by Beetlecat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.