Getting to Eve

Hello again, I am able to get to Duna easily, I have landed on Duna and Ike and can put probes around both of them but I cannot figure out how to get to Eve. Is there any way someone can show me pictures of how to get there? I can't dock yet but am still currently trying. Thanks for your help!

This thread has been moved out of Tutorials, since it is seeking help rather than offering it. 

jebidiah34, can you tell us what sort of trouble you're having? If you can get to Duna, Eve should actually be easier because its SOI is a bigger target and its atmosphere lends you more braking power. It really is almost as simple as doing the exit burn over the morning side of Kerbin rather than the evening side. :D

2 minutes ago, jebidiah34 said:

I was able to get to Eve but ran out of fuel with 10 m/s left to go to achieve orbit. Do you have a ship that is light and has plenty of fuel to get there? And sorry I didn't realize it was in tutorials. 

Huh. Why? Just add a bit more fuel tanks.

14 hours ago, jebidiah34 said:

I was able to get to Eve but ran out of fuel with 10 m/s left to go to achieve orbit. Do you have a ship that is light and has plenty of fuel to get there? And sorry I didn't realize it was in tutorials. 

Are you using the atmosphere to help decelerate? Passing through it at the right altitude will drain off a great deal of speed, though it will also expose the ship to some heating. Heat shields might be necessary. Hit quicksave as you approach and try different altitudes until you get one that works. 

But if you do want to add range to your ship, either trim mass from the final stages or added fuel and possibly engines to the launch stage. 

Sorry, I do not have an example ship to share, and no harm done posting in Tutorials, since I moved it for you. :) 

15 hours ago, jebidiah34 said:

Yeah, the capture burn for a lower orbit around Eve is brutal, although if you were only short by 10 m/s you should still be in orbit, just not the orbit you intended.

Eve has a big, thick atmosphere and that spells aerobrake.  Either bring a heat shield or go very shallow, shedding just enough velocity to get your apoapsis within Eve's SOI.  Doing it that way will take several dips through the fire but should be survivable without a heat shield.

The other alternative is to wait until you have the nuke engine, getting the delta-v for capture is no problem at that point.  (My most recent Eve mission was after science.   I brought along a big tank {mod} to feed it, I had enough to go into low polar orbit, probably spent 500 m/s "orbiting" just inside Eve's atmosphere {.1km below the top of the atmosphere is still "flying high"}, then went to a high orbit, then went to Gilly, a high orbit and a low orbit, then home.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.