Contract involving temperature measurements in spaceflight above Mun

Hello All.  Enjoying my time with KSP very much.  I have learned a lot. However, I am currently stumped on a contract I can't get in position for.  I am trying to measure temperatures while in space flight above the Mun, but I cannot seem to get into position.  I plan a maneuver that appears to line up with the zones needing measured, but when I come around my orbit where I thought I would be above the correct positions I am always off, and not by small amount, but several degrees off.  Any pointers on this matter?

A picture with your craft in map view please that includes your current orbit.

But my bet is that you require temperature readings near the polar region and your orbit is not inclined enough so you'll never pass over them.

The moon has no tilt so the day/night border on the poles is the exact geographical north. If your orbit line is tilted away atleast slightly from this point your will miss some of the surface area.
Either that or you go below instead of above.
I had that a few times as I mixed certain temperature reading missions and tried to go below a certain area while I had to aproach from above. It may be worth to verify this yourself to rule out such a mistake.

Edited by Razorforce7

As Spricigo said, you have to lead your target. So you have to realize which direction the Mun is spinning, and about how fast.

Beyond that, if you are in a high orbit, the Mun will rotate a long way while you orbit slowly around. So it's best to stay down low -- just a bit above (or below) where you are supposed to take the reading. Then you eyeball how much the Mun rotates while you orbit once.

I like to make sure I'm lined up for a couple orbits ahead of the target, myself. The waypoint zones usually seem to be fairly small. On rare occasions I'm just on one side of the zone on one pass, then just on the other side during the next pass, even when I'm orbiting low - but that's rare, as I said. But doing it that way gives you a couple shots at it.

I just put the craft in polar orbit. It will eventually reach the zone. The slower celestial body rotates, the better, you could have more than one chance per Sol. (however it gets worse with Moho, if you miss it and then have to wait like.. 60 days?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.