[WIP-PROTO] Dark Days - Eternal Black.

daniel l.

Next PROTO release will add hopefully a few more planets, a few moons.

1 minute ago, kjack1111 said:

I'd like to point out that the pitch-black skybox does not work at the moment. I had to get distant object enhancement, go to the DSE settings, and then turn "Max Skybox Brightness" Down to 0% to get the desired effect.

Yes. I just realized I had forgotten to include the custom skybox. :P It will go with the next release.

BTW... How do you like flying blind? And careful. There is a bigass moon in the vicinity of Tenebris. You might not know it until it gets you! :D

Just now, daniel l. said:

Next PROTO release will add hopefully a few more planets, a few moons.

Yes. I just realized I had forgotten to include the custom skybox. :P It will go with the next release.

BTW... How do you like flying blind? And careful. There is a bigass moon in the vicinity of Tenebris. You might not know it until it gets you! :D

I've yet to launch a rocket pitch-black, But the satallite i already launched...

Well, That was a "Experience". I am aware of the moon too. Also, playing this mod with creepy ambiance is a TERRIBLE IDEA.

26 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

Nice pictures! I like the Kerbals on EVA a lot.
Not sure if you'll get this though, Because i think the moderators are asleep.

What do you mean? *ignorant smile*

Edited by daniel l.

Ah, The requirement was just removed.

TL:DR before 5 posts, every time you post, you have your posts examined by mods to make sure your not posting spam or anything like that. my last 3 posts got clogged up in a list or something, but they are approved now. But i just got to five posts so that shouldn't bother me anymore.

EDIT: I discovered lights consume electricity like normal.

Edited by kjack1111
Bug discovered.

2 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

Ah, The requirement was just removed.

TL:DR before 5 posts, every time you post, you have your posts examined by mods to make sure your not posting spam or anything like that. my last 3 posts got clogged up in a list or something, but they are approved now. But i just got to five posts so that shouldn't bother me anymore.

EDIT: I discovered lights consume electricity like normal.

Hmmm... Which lights?

4 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

MK1 (Spotlights) and MK2 (Wide beam illuminators). They take up 0.3 and 0.5 Electricity a second, Which seems way to low.

FYI, I love to boldly go. Thank you for making that.

That's a lot more than before. They used to consume virtually nothing :P. But I will raise it.

It would take several IRL hours to drain a battery at that rate. IRL, Fluorescent light bulbs take a ungodly amount of electricity to power. Maybe something in the range of 2/4 a second? FYI, I never really used lights before this, so i know squad (see what i did there) about them. Could just be me though.

3 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

It would take several IRL hours to drain a battery at that rate. IRL, Fluorescent light bulbs take a ungodly amount of electricity to power. Maybe something in the range of 2/4 a second? FYI, I never really used lights before this, so i know squad (see what i did there) about them. Could just be me though.

What kinds of batteries are you using? I used the standard Capsule power storage amount of 50 units as reference. I can imagine it would take a long time to drain several thousand though.

5 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

I usually play with infinite electricity/propellent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
50 units would go quickly though, I'd imagine.

Yeah. I plan on eliminating all high capacity batteries.  And making the low ones very VERY expensive.

That does sound much more balanced.
I'm still terrified of the darkness.
What would be cool is if you made the instruments lie:
I.E the barometer says the pressure is 10 PA, When in reality its 1 PA.
Just add more to that "NOTHING IS SACRED" Feeling.

3 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

That does sound much more balanced.
I'm still terrified of the darkness.
What would be cool is if you made the instruments lie:
I.E the barometer says the pressure is 10 PA, When in reality its 1 PA.
Just add more to that "NOTHING IS SACRED" Feeling.

Perhaps. Though, as someone who lacks knowledge in making independent plugins. I highly doubt I could do that.

Just now, daniel l. said:

Perhaps. Though, as someone who lacks knowledge in making independent plugins. I highly doubt I could do that.

I was thinking of in the science reports (Collect data), But you do you. Can't wait for the next bone-chilling update.

I'm still creeped out.

Just now, kjack1111 said:

I was thinking of in the science reports (Collect data), But you do you. Can't wait for the next bone-chilling update.

I'm still creeped out.

:P That's the intention :wink:

Anyway, you think it's bad now? Just wait till I add the custom soundtrack! :sticktongue: I've collected a whole youtube playlist of creepy music!

1 hour ago, kjack1111 said:

Oh, Another thing, Most engines still have their "Glow" To them, Which breaks the immersion a bit.

Sorry I didn't get to this quick enough. I do still intend for engines to glow. In fact, I recommend the engine lighting mod. You get to see your ship while your making the burns. :P

1 minute ago, kjack1111 said:

I heard about the creepy music. I usually don't play with music, But i've been playing with creepy ambiance right now. Worst idea ever.

:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.