[WIP-PROTO] Dark Days - Eternal Black.

daniel l.

The more pausible thing is to take the hydrogen from haven and dump it onto lombri and hope that it begins fusion by itself. The other option is to make hydrogen from LITERALLY NOTHING.

The reference is "Making water" of the martian OST

8 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

They are still in development, but I added bio-luminescent "lollipop" lights. They will glow infinitely but be prohibitively expensive and rather dim.

Great. Maybe make those run out as well, just far slower and with a nonrenewable resource? Maybe make the resource be the expensive part, so you can pay less but risk a sudden blink! out in the dark.

Also, why does the light look so rugged? Thought it was a planet for a sec.

Finally: Something to make it a bit less scary but much cooler. Engine Lighting.

Will provide a bit of brightness, and be very cool to see your ship as a bit of light in the dark...

1 hour ago, greenTurtle1134 said:

Great. Maybe make those run out as well, just far slower and with a nonrenewable resource? Maybe make the resource be the expensive part, so you can pay less but risk a sudden blink! out in the dark.

Also, why does the light look so rugged? Thought it was a planet for a sec.

Finally: Something to make it a bit less scary but much cooler. Engine Lighting.

Will provide a bit of brightness, and be very cool to see your ship as a bit of light in the dark...

Definitely, I may be able to eventually make it run out over time. By the way, the RTG's now last only a few hundred days apiece, and they will be very expensive. Combine that with Life-Support mods and DD-EB will be quite challenging.

1 minute ago, kjack1111 said:

Just going to say this and get yelled at: There should be a version which is more noob-friendly.
In the meantime, I'm going to ignite lombri into a star.

Go ahead :) I'm considering a 'lite' version where ambient light exists.

Is the mod set right at the end of the heat death of the universe, Or is it somewhere in the middle? (The most logical explanation would be the middle, due to haven.)

If it does take place in the middle of heat death, Can perseus make a comeback as a white dwarf? :wink:

I know you want to do it.

22 minutes ago, electricpants said:

I finally got it to work!

Also, will there be any planets/moons for Lomiri or will it be alone?

There will be plenty of moons. :) I'll see what I can do about giving Lomiri a dim glow that will illuminate them. :wink:

21 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

Is the mod set right at the end of the heat death of the universe, Or is it somewhere in the middle? (The most logical explanation would be the middle, due to haven.)

If it does take place in the middle of heat death, Can perseus make a comeback as a white dwarf? :wink:

I know you want to do it.

Yes, it's in the middle.

And I may just bring back Perseus, of course, all of it's planet's will long since have been vaporized by the giant stage. But it could have an outer dwarf planet with a lot of lore. :wink:

Perseus would not have undergone a red giant stage, I believe. if i remember correctly, Its a orange dwarf, And i don't think i'd balloon and destroy all the planets.

Orange dwarfs go through the red giant branch as well as G-A type stars.
The only stars that don't balloon are red dwarfs less than 300x the mass of Jupiter, btw. :wink:

Regardless, I don't think that Perseus's red giant stage would've been that large anyways *shrug*

Still, the planet's would be quite close. I doubt any of the important ones would have survived.

28 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

MORE PLANETS FOR THE PLANET GODS /obvious joke

Just some non-important planets are okay though.

Physically insignificant. I never said anything about unimportant. :wink:

Don't worry, I intend for DD-EB to have some complex lore that would take the player perhaps a long time to unravel.

Just now, kjack1111 said:

Well thats awsome. Are there going to be more stars other then haven and perseus though? (Debatably lombri, As it seem's your implying for it to become a stellar system)

Lomiri is more of planet than a star, though it is a brown dwarf. I highly doubt however, that I will have more stars than that. Though... you never know, and that's all I'm gonna say, just keep your eyes peeled and feel free to launch expendable ships in random directions!

Are you going to add any new planets in 0.3, Or are you not allowed to talk about that? MORE PLANETS FOR THE PLANET GOD
Also, If you're going to hide them, Then it would be extremely convenient if you had little clues to point towards them.

2 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

Are you going to add any new planets in 0.3, Or are you not allowed to talk about that? MORE PLANETS FOR THE PLANET GOD
Also, If you're going to hide them, Then it would be extremely convenient if you had little clues to point towards them.

There will be more. And I plan on adding more invisible awes as well :wink:

And yes, there will hopefully be clues.

This is going to be awsome.
Something totally unrealated: With the latest release of TBG (To boldly go), if you cheat-menu into orbit around a planet TBG Generated, After several seconds, you get shot out at incredible speeds (10000m/s roughly)

2 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

This is going to be awsome.
Something totally unrealated: With the latest release of TBG (To boldly go), if you cheat-menu into orbit around a planet TBG Generated, After several seconds, you get shot out at incredible speeds (10000m/s roughly)

That's really odd.

I'll look into it, I'm not really much of a force in TBG development anymore, so feel free to ask @seanth for anything you need to know about TBG, I'm currently dedicating myself to DD-EB for now, then I have another mod planned. One that need I say... will be even more unique. (Physics will be defied, just warning you.)

Need a hint?

Spoiler

What if... the entire solar system had an atmosphere. The planet's nailed in place, no rocket engines. You must travel from planet to planet, with wings and jet engines.

26 minutes ago, kjack1111 said:

You win with that idea. Endless win. Endless money to you. FLYING TO PLANETS.

Kekarooni.

Seems good. Definitely will be challenging for players. Imagine having to build giant SSTO's capable of the trip. Perhaps electric propellers could be used to cross the distance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.