KSP has a little corner on r/place!

Ultimate Steve

For those of you who don't know, Reddit has a habit of doing social experiments every year around April Fool's. This year it is r/place, which is a *game* where there is a 1000x1000 (or so, don't know exact dimensions) grid and you can place a colored pixel every five minutes. The idea of this is that groups of people get together and build huge logos.

At around 625, 225 the KSP Reddit (at least I am pretty sure it was them) has made a Kerbal!

Depending on how this thread turns out, it might be better suited for the Lounge. Mods, feel free to move it!

Just wanted to let you know about this! (I can't contribute to it right now, I am currently trying to make a second "yes" under the SpaceX section, which is just to the right of the KSP section. After that, I plan to help restore the "Starry Night" remake which was destroyed by another faction of Redditors known as The Void.)

2 hours ago, Martian Emigrant said:

Where is the Kerbal?

Near the top, just to the right of the exceptionally big red text block. I took the liberty of zooming and enhancing from @samstarman5's image.

Ya_YAH3p222.png

I especially like how his head is crammed into the text box. Very... kerbal :) .

Edited by Cunjo Carl

I was hoping there'd be some Kerbal influence on it, but I'd not spotted it before. I had found the SpaceX logo but just missed the Kerbal so nearby!

It was quite interesting to see how it developed, starting out with the battle of the corners and ending up as a tapestry of.....well, stuff.
Also saw a 3d chart made by stacking changes which shows the actions on the OSU sign - here

Here's a timelapse video of it all.

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

I had found the SpaceX logo but just missed the Kerbal so nearby!

I think a few of my pixels in the SpaceX logo survived!

I didn't directly work on the rocket, but I worked on the series of "yes"'s below it. (For those that don't know, "yes" is a bit of a SpaceX meme.) At one point there were four, but it looks like New Zealand reclaimed two of them. I did actually start work on the second one, so at least something I did made it to the end!

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.