[1.4.2] [Kopernicus] [Sigma Dimensions] Realistic Rescale 1.1.1

_Augustus_

23 hours ago, i like pizza said:

When I try to install the mod, all the planets are the same stock size. Even though I followed the install instructions. Kerbins radius is still 600 KM

Do you have Sigma Dimensions and Kopernicus installed?

On 8/1/2017 at 9:03 PM, Periapse said:

Collecting science in orbit of Gilly is causing an unrecoverable freeze. Also at Gilly, the resource survey scanner seems convinced I'm in the wrong orbit no matter what. Does KSP not like such small bodies? Other than that I'm loving this mod, you really nailed the sweet spot I think :) 

I've never actually visited Gilly but I have flown by Minmus. I think you're right that KSP doesn't like these tiny little bodies, especially orbiting them.

Thanks! Feel free to check out some of my other mods - my new planet pack Outer Reaches is fully compatible with this mod.

Edited by _Augustus_

The problems I'm having seem to be biome/situation specific. Landed in the highlands and midlands I collected science fine, but in the lowlands it froze again. Unfortunately the same problem popped up when landed on Minmus. At times Kerbal Engineer reported that the game thought I was landed when I was on a ballistic trajectory. I hope these issues don't persist on small bodies in Outer Reaches, I installed it yesterday and it's just what my Interstellar Extended campaign needed!

On 8/3/2017 at 2:41 PM, _Augustus_ said:

Do you have Sigma Dimensions and Kopernicus installed?

I've never actually visited Gilly but I have flown by Minmus. I think you're right that KSP doesn't like these tiny little bodies, especially orbiting them.

Thanks! Feel free to check out some of my other mods - my new planet pack Outer Reaches is fully compatible with this mod.

Yeah, I installed everything the way it was supposed to.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:36 AM, Periapse said:

The problems I'm having seem to be biome/situation specific. Landed in the highlands and midlands I collected science fine, but in the lowlands it froze again. Unfortunately the same problem popped up when landed on Minmus. At times Kerbal Engineer reported that the game thought I was landed when I was on a ballistic trajectory. I hope these issues don't persist on small bodies in Outer Reaches, I installed it yesterday and it's just what my Interstellar Extended campaign needed!

The bodies in Outer Reaches don't have proper science values or biomes yet but collecting science works fine on even the smallest body, Mee. I think that the Gilly/Minmus bug has to do with negative altitudes or something. I will try to fix it. Mee is spiky and has no lowlands.

17 hours ago, i like pizza said:

Yeah, I installed everything the way it was supposed to.

Could you take a screenshot of your GameData folder?

Edited by _Augustus_

On 8/5/2017 at 10:08 AM, _Augustus_ said:

The bodies in Outer Reaches don't have proper science values or biomes yet but collecting science works fine on even the smallest body, Mee. I think that the Gilly/Minmus bug has to do with negative altitudes or something. I will try to fix it. Mee is spiky and has no lowlands.

Could you take a screenshot of your GameData folder?

here https://ibb.co/myTH9v

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, first of all, hats off for making this wonderful rescale! I've been enjoying it a lot with my career build recently.

I noticed that many .cfg files included a debug code for Kopernicus that set ExportMesh = true. I removed those codes and now I am getting ~45 FPS as compared to ~35 FPS before. I'm not 100% sure these two events are correlated, but in case they do, I hope this helps! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 3:30 PM, MrRoMe said:

Hi, first of all, hats off for making this wonderful rescale! I've been enjoying it a lot with my career build recently.

I noticed that many .cfg files included a debug code for Kopernicus that set ExportMesh = true. I removed those codes and now I am getting ~45 FPS as compared to ~35 FPS before. I'm not 100% sure these two events are correlated, but in case they do, I hope this helps! :D

Interesting. I will keep that in mind for the next version.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:22 PM, i like pizza said:

Is the Duna restoration project mod compatible with this? 

Yep. Most planet mods are compatible.

Edited by _Augustus_

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2018 at 10:17 PM, _Augustus_ said:

Use Sigma Dimensions........

Do you know what would be the easiest way to get larger planets and distances, without affecting the inclinations and positions of planets?
I have at the moment Kop/Signa + Almost Real Solar System with size set to 10... which is kinda hard for me, so I'd prefer not to fight inclinations at the same time =)

• 6 months later...

Sorry if this is threadomancy, but I just wanna say thanks for this mod. Above the dozens of others I'm using, this one has made KSP challenging again.

I am the sort of player that likes building stuff and seeing if it works, never been that fussed about the actual flying (I'm the Mechjeb type), and I've never fancied RSS, RO or the like. Your mod hits the balance perfectly; there's no rescaling of part capabilities, stock parts are all that's needed. But I have to work for it. This mod makes careful ship design genuinely rewarding, rather than just slapping on more boosters.

For example it has always bothered me that I can just throw together a 1-man rocket and be off to the Mun with no trouble at all, and the whole lander comes home easily. With this mod I spent hours designing an Apollo-analogue mission to get there and back on the tech available. And I wasn't doing it just because I could, but because it was the only way I could see of pulling it off.

I can't wait to try for Duna, where I expect I'll be forced down the ISRU route, rather than hopping biomes as I please.

So yeah, thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Tested with KSP 1.8.1, today's Kopernicus release, latest Sigma Dimensions from github and Principia (and also Astronomer's Visual Pack). Seems to work fine, but I did only very basic testing.

It seems that this thread haven't updated since 2018, but I can't find more recent rescale mods with stated Principia compatibility.

Upd. Landed on Duna. Visuals are quite impressive (for KSP, at least), but FPS on altitude below ~30km is very low, like 5-10. Without rescale 60-100 fps.

Edited by ArXen42

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reinstalling KSP again today, last time I played was back in 1.2, lol. I immediately install this mod and it still works :D! (I downgraded to 1.8.1 after installing on 1.9 as the kopernicus dont work yet at 1.9) I'm a bulilder type person so I enjoyed testing hours and hours creating real life craft and rockets so this mods would fit perfectly on my needs (I recreated ISS on my last play but on tiny Kerbin, launching stuff seems too easy ;)). Looking forward for playing ksp again!

On 2/5/2020 at 5:27 AM, ArXen42 said:

Upd. Landed on Duna. Visuals are quite impressive (for KSP, at least), but FPS on altitude below ~30km is very low, like 5-10. Without rescale 60-100 fps.

Do you have other mods installed? I only install this mod (not yet adding further mods) and it seems work fine when I landed on Duna (well I cheated the craft to Duna to test this) and seems no drops in fps. 

eMThuQN.jpg

Edited by AlphaKerman

8 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

I'm reinstalling KSP again today, last time I played was back in 1.2, lol. I immediately install this mod and it still works :D! (I downgraded to 1.8.1 after installing on 1.9 as the kopernicus dont work yet at 1.9) I'm a bulilder type person so I enjoyed testing hours and hours creating real life craft and rockets so this mods would fit perfectly on my needs (I recreated ISS on my last play but on tiny Kerbin, launching stuff seems too easy ;)). Looking forward for playing ksp again!

Do you have other mods installed? I only install this mod (not yet adding further mods) and it seems work fine when I landed on Duna (well I cheated the craft to Duna to test this) and seems no drops in fps. 

eMThuQN.jpg

For now I have settled on JNSQ (though it seems to have issue like that too).

But on your screenshot Duna is veeeeery blurry, there is practically no terrain. In KSP 1.8 it should look like this even without mods:

x6nNK1i.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.