Webiste question

I noticed that this forum has the same "design" as the war thunder form, just kerbalized...

Link to war thunder forum. Notice how it is the same as this sort of: https://forum.warthunder.com/

Spoiler

Note that I'm not trying to attack anyone here, I jsut noticed that both KSP and War Thunder forums looked kinda the same and I don't know if anyone knows about this or if there might be copyright issues.

14 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Also, why don't we have 'Outstanding' after 'Excellent' for rep if it's the same software?

Because our "excellent" is better than their "outstanding!" We don't need it!

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

Also, why don't we have 'Outstanding' after 'Excellent' for rep if it's the same software?

Rep ranks don't mean anything when there is no negative rep. The more you post, the more you get. Rep is a matter of how long you've been there rather than how "well" you've been there.

If you value rep look at rep/post ratio rather than absolute rep, and even then the fact The Lounge doesn't count towards your post means that rep/post ratio is not a guarantee of the quality of what a user will post.

Edited by Gaarst

2 hours ago, Spaceception said:

why don't we have 'Outstanding' after 'Excellent' for rep if it's the same software?

Those titles are customizable but we've left them as the defaults. I'd prefer that people not obsess over rep more than they already do, and fancier titles would likely encourage that. 

46 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Those titles are customizable but we've left them as the defaults. I'd prefer that people not obsess over rep more than they already do, and fancier titles would likely encourage that. 

I wasn't intending it to be that type of post, I was just wondering, I didn't realize it was default :P

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

:blush: Wait - what? KSP forum members obsess over things like dots under the user name, rep count, and ranking? Whodathunkit? :wink:

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

There is no question in the spoiler. All this "off topic rep chat" is in response to the only real question asked so far in thread.

Ok.

Both forums use the same software. We both pay a company that owns the copyright. No legal problems involved. Theirs looks slightly different because they've chosen some different settings. 

That's the whole story. :D

On 4/4/2017 at 0:56 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

I'd prefer that people not obsess over rep more than they already do, and fancier titles would likely encourage that. 

I would actually like the option to hide or turn it off for my account, could that be made possible?

4 hours ago, klesh said:

I would actually like the option to hide or turn it off for my account, could that be made possible?

Sadly no. The old forum software had this feature, of which I and several others availed. Under IPS it's a global, all-or-nothing setting; I think we might have a riot if we forcibly turned it off for all users. 

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I think we might have a riot if we forcibly turned it off for all users. 

We talking like "British Raj, Ghandi" type riot or a "Ohmygodeveryone'sdead" prison riot?

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

I don't particularly care to try it and find out. 

hahahahahahahahaha

2 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I don't particularly care to try it and find out. 

Well can't you moderators just play god and bat down the rioters with your hand of justice?

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Sadly no. The old forum software had this feature, of which I and several others availed. Under IPS it's a global, all-or-nothing setting; I think we might have a riot if we forcibly turned it off for all users. 

Unfortunate.  Thanks for the reply though.

Can someone close this?

And please, this was not a chat room for rep.

It was a question for forum designs. If the question is not clear to you, then I don't know what to do with you :P

copyright issue ... ahhhh ... microsoft word cc license 1995 ... make neandhertal and the wheel happy once again ... 'sigh'

copy past, do combination with word .... blablabla copy right for simple combinatory math mixing this stuff with stuff, properties lawsuitset[insert your i m born somwhere here] ... boring ....boring company ...

let's rexplain, long ago people were trading, it was quiet complicated, so they created money to make exchangge many stuff easier, then some peops become addict to money

don't forget that copyright is about distributing ressource and feeding everyone not stupid accumulation because hehe trolololoz , plus the math behind behind the whole current exhange market are fairly easy ... there much better usefull to do with thoose math for everyone than dumb accumulation ...  modern capitalism, i do wonder if it's gonna collapse before my last breath or not

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
(( sum up )) ad repetitum #bored