Hey guys,

I hope this is the right place for my Questions. Mods, feel free to move this post if not.

A friend of mine installed CKAN for me (to let you know I'm fairly useless with computers) and I would like to know if I can play different games with different mods in CKAN? And if so how? Please ELI5, when I installed a mod before I had CKAN I needed quite a bit of help from people on the life chat before I succeeded.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dutchy,

not sure Exactly what you mean by play different games through CKAN? I'll guess at an answer tho.

Ive set up various types of role-play games through picking select mods from ckan for e.g. 

Kis / Kas, this entire game i was only allowed to build 'out in the field' using the features of kis & kas.

or people choose to play a 'life support' type game or even a 'warfare' type game with weapons etc

The key is to decide what kind of playthrough youre looking for, then install mods that fit that scenario.

if youre not sure and need ideas of the possibilities, then ask the community, these guys have done it all and love sharing what theyve done, plus they can guide you to the bestest mods :)

Remember, you can have more than one KSP install on your PC, i have numerous KSP installs all with slightly differing mods to achieve differing types of games.

i hope this helps and let us know what youre thinking and peeps will help.

dont go mad with too many mods, i have around 20-30 what i call essential mods to me.

anyhoo, gd luck

I think what the OP is asking is whether they can have different mod setups and choose at game launch.

Without CKAN, the answer is to copy your KSP folder for each setup and install the right mods in each one. With CKAN I'm not sure, sorry, never used it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.