[1.9.x] NEBULA EVA Handrails Continued

linuxgurugamer

This is a continuation of the old Nebula EVA Handrails, made originally by @Krasimir.  He hasn't been around in a long time.  The original thread is here:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/90656-025-nebula-space-engineering-eva-handrails-pack/

Please note that the license for the original mod is very restricted, it is CC-BY-ND-4.0

This license prevented me from modifying the original mod directly.

This continuation is a set of ModuleManager scripts and the original mod included in it's original format.  

I would love to be able to replace the original parts, and if someone would like to volunteer to build some models, it could be done fairly easily.

Dependency

• ModuleManager

The license on my MM scripts is: CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0

Download:  https://spacedock.info/mod/49/EVA Handrails Continued

Source code:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EVAHandrailsPack

GmDalyT.jpg

Curse

This pack adds 9 EVA handrails for space stations and science vessels, more suitable than ladders in weightlessness.

Handrails are usable and can be grabbed by a kerbal while on EVA and used to walk around your space station/spaceship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 9 parts, each with a different name, size & shape.  Read the descriptions, they are all different.  To summarize:

• EVA handrail curved 1mR, fits size 1 curve (1.25m)
  • EVA Handrail curved  2mR, fits size 2 curve (2.5m)
  • EVA Handrail curved  3mR, fits size 3 curve (3.75m)
  • EVA handrail type 1
  • EVA handrail type 1a, twice as long a the type 1
  • Handle type 1
  • Handle type 1a, twice as long
  • Handrail type 2
  • Handrail type 2a, twice as long

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

License: CC-BY-ND 4.0

Cool video spotlight made by KyleKidd

Edited by linuxgurugamer

SMH. Why in the world do people use such restrictive licenses and then walk away without at least having the courtesy to open it up (GPL, MIT, etc) for someone else to maintain?

So you just need someone to reverse engineer the models, textures, colliders and meshes - and you will create the code/dll?  I'm sure someone skilled in that could pick this up if they knew about it.

21 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Did I just witness some sort of "Timey Wimey Warpy Thingy" * here?  I thought you took up this mod ages ago?

*whoever can guess that reference, you win the internet

I did, but never made a thread for it.

12 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Did I just witness some sort of "Timey Wimey Warpy Thingy" * here?  I thought you took up this mod ages ago?

I know that reference, something about a yellow polka-dot bikini?

42 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Haha nope. You'll have to take a look at a TV from BBC Wales to find it.  The Tenth "guy" used that phrase or variations to explain the Space-Tine Continuum.

Edited by smotheredrun

15 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm officially disappointed.

I was hoping someone would have mentioned a purple Kerbal eater.

32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was hoping against hope that nobody would reference a purple dinosaur

Nah, the purple Kerbal eater has one eye and one horn, and of course, it flies -- otherwise, how can it catch Kerbals?

It's a timey-wimey warpy thingy yellow polka-dot bikini wearing purple Kerbal eater.

1 hour ago, LitaAlto said:

Nah, the purple Kerbal eater has one eye and one horn, and of course, it flies -- otherwise, how can it catch Kerbals?

It's a timey-wimey warpy thingy yellow polka-dot bikini wearing purple Kerbal eater.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I now have that tune with @LitaAlto's words running in my head now

ok, so thread thoroughly hijacked.

Ohh, what the heck...

“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”

Blink - imho best Doctor Who episode and possibly best time travel loop TV show ever!!!! 

Teaser --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCndqkETn3I

Back on topic... will there be a way to expand these out to fit 5m and 7.5m diameters, like in the Space-Y Expanded parts set?  I like having these near end points so I can plant a KAS connector port for furl transfers without having to dock with a flying gas tank.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.