linuxgurugamer

[1.3.*, 1.4.*, 1.5.*, 1.6.* NEBULA EVA Handrails Continued

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Sudragon said:

@linuxgurugamer thanks for extending the life of this mod. Small request, could you adjust the file structure in the download so modulemanager2.8.0 isn't floating around inside the mod (NEBULA) directory? It just took me several hours to find this and get my copy working properly. (the latest iteration of SSTU was not loading properly, amongst other things).

It's still a very useful add on and I hope it stays on your update list. 

Thanks for the report:

New version, 0.2.1.6:

  • Updated Changelog
  • Removed extra MM dll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer

I tried to put handrails to cck-eva-items category, but this patch didn't work. (disappeared from "utility" as expected, but didn't appeared at "EVA Items")

// NEBULA eva handrail
@PART[*handrail*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  @category = none
  @tags ^= :^:cck-eva-items
}

@PART[*handle*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  @category = none
  @tags ^= :^:cck-eva-items
}

 

Edited by flart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flart said:

@linuxgurugamer

I tried to put handrails to cck-eva-items category, but this patch didn't work. (disappeared from "utility" as expected, but didn't appeared at "EVA Items")


// NEBULA eva handrail
@PART[*handrail*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  @category = none
  @tags ^= :^:cck-eva-items
}

@PART[*handle*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  @category = none
  @tags ^= :^:cck-eva-items
}

 

Best to go to the CCK thread for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DrPastah said:

Are you able to switch between railings without relying on your jetpack?

I have no idea, why don't you try it?

Seriously, I think so, but not sure, this is a very old mod which is essentially unsupported by the original author, and all I've done is provide some MM scripts to update it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have no idea, why don't you try it?

Seriously, I think so, but not sure, this is a very old mod which is essentially unsupported by the original author, and all I've done is provide some MM scripts to update it.

I tried, but I didn't get any good results. Closest was that maybe holding a direction and letting go is MAYBE able to do it. But I was unable to climb ladders horizontal to me. It would be nice if there was a mod that let you select ladders to switch to as I use EVA resources.

Edited by DrPastah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DrPastah said:

I tried, but I didn't get any good results. Closed was that maybe holding a direction and letting go is MAYBE able to do it. But I was unable to climb ladders horizontal to me. It would be nice if there was a mod that let you select ladders to switch to as I use EVA resources.

I've done it using just arrows.  (Though not recently.)  Works best at the ends, and is a bit fiddly.  But this is all standard KSP ladder stuff, nothing particularly specific to this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 11:35 PM, flart said:

@linuxgurugamer

I tried to put handrails to cck-eva-items category, but this patch didn't work. (disappeared from "utility" as expected, but didn't appeared at "EVA Items")

 

you probably could change the below bits and it would work.

// NEBULA eva handrail
@PART[*handrail*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  %category = none
  %tags = cck-eva-items
}

@PART[*handle*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  %category = none
  %tags = cck-eva-items
}

According to the wiki for MM, '@' edits (it assumes the module is available) and '%' add or edits. I checked a few of the handrail cfg file and they don't seem to have a 'tags' property so the MM patch you had isn't able to edit anything as there are no tags to edit.  

The downside is that if @linuxgurugamer decides to add tags sometime in the future, this patch will wipe all the values he sets in the tags property. It would replace them with just this patch value of cck-eva-items.

So user beware!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 3:27 AM, wile1411 said:

you probably could change the below bits and it would work.


// NEBULA eva handrail
@PART[*handrail*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  %category = none
  %tags = cck-eva-items
}

@PART[*handle*]:FINAL:NEEDS[CommunityCategoryKit]
{
  %category = none
  %tags = cck-eva-items
}

According to the wiki for MM, '@' edits (it assumes the module is available) and '%' add or edits. I checked a few of the handrail cfg file and they don't seem to have a 'tags' property so the MM patch you had isn't able to edit anything as there are no tags to edit.  

The downside is that if @linuxgurugamer decides to add tags sometime in the future, this patch will wipe all the values he sets in the tags property. It would replace them with just this patch value of cck-eva-items.

So user beware!

If I do add tags, I'll add these as well 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Li0n said:

@linuxgurugamer for you know : you didn't update your thread title, it says this mod is compatible with KSP 1.2.*

Thx, updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thx, updated

have you found out the trick where you can click on the thread title and hold to enter edits? A little bit easier to update alllll those thread titles of yours if you realize you forgot any

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

have you found out the trick where you can click on the thread title and hold to enter edits? A little bit easier to update alllll those thread titles of yours if you realize you forgot any

No, thx.  Doesn’t seem to work on an iPad, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick note since I saw this updated today:

The update package includes (inside the 'NEBULA' folder) ModuleManager 3.1.1.  That's a bit out of date. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.2.1.10

  • Changed directory to avoid conflict with NEBULA Decals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried out 1.7. Any craft I had previously built that had handrails on it will no longer load now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

Tried out 1.7. Any craft I had previously built that had handrails on it will no longer load now.

I just loaded the mod. The only handrail that shows up in the VAB is the 2mR. I'm guessing that all the other hardrails are not loaded so any ship that used them won't load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Donster said:

I just loaded the mod. The only handrail that shows up in the VAB is the 2mR. I'm guessing that all the other hardrails are not loaded so any ship that used them won't load.

How about a log file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Donster said:

I just loaded the mod. The only handrail that shows up in the VAB is the 2mR. I'm guessing that all the other hardrails are not loaded so any ship that used them won't load.

I really need that log, because questions are arising which might affect this.  

for example, what OS are you running, do you have ModuleManager installed, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I really need that log, because questions are arising which might affect this.  

for example, what OS are you running, do you have ModuleManager installed, etc.

I have the same problem, tested with a fresh install with only Making History, Filter Extensions and this mod.
My Logs and ConfigCache are here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a problem with a patch, will be fixed this evening. 

It's actually been there for a long time without anybody noticing the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.2.1.11

  • Fixed patch
  • Removed ModuleManager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.