[1.12] Explodium Breathing Engines v1.8.0: "Jet" engines for use on Eve and Jool [10 OCT 2021]

Gordon Fecyk

36 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

Yeah. but stock intakes (and EBE's) don't. Module in them has no animations attached

True. They might have been assumed to require that module. You don't exactly hear of Microsoft exces using Apple products or vice versa so I haven't exactly been out there trying out my rival's mod (yes, you :D  @Gordon Fecyk ) and helping him make his mod better. If he asks for advice I'll give as far as I know, though.

3 hours ago, OhioBob said:

I'm just waiting to see how Gordon gets off Nara.

That's coming!

There's also another surprise for Nara that I won't spoil. It appears, unlike Jool (Stock or JNSQ) or Lindor with their really low atmospheric densities but high pressures, Nara has high densities as well. This lends itself well for certain applications not possible elsewhere.

6 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I removed ModuleAnimationGroup because wasn't sure what it was doing(needed for action groups?), and added the above line in ModuleResourceHarvester. The harvester appeared activated on launch, I immediately received vapour and was able to fly. Also it works for ModuleResourceConverter if needed.

There was one other complication in that the harvester seems to need restarting if transitioning from space to atmosphere. I'd get resource rates of "n/a" unless I stopped and restarted the harvester. I'll have to experiment with this once I'm done the JNSQ Exploration series.

This isn't as much of a problem for a Space Center starting on a world with explodium in the air though, as the resource is available immediately when the craft spawns. 

2 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

harvester seems to need restarting if transitioning

Reproduced and fixed, made it stuck in activated state forever. Tested on Jool, works as intended, no need to re-enable the intake.

@PART[airScoopExL,airScoopExV,CircularIntakeExL,CircularIntakeExV,shockConeIntakeExL,shockConeIntakeExV,IntakeRadialLongExL,IntakeRadialLongExV,miniIntakeExL,miniIntakeExV,ramAirIntakeExL,ramAirIntakeExV,turboFanSize2Ox,turboFanSize2OxL]:AFTER[ExplodiumBreathingEngines]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester]
	{
	%IsActivated = true
	%AlwaysActive = true
	!StartActionName = pwn
	!StopActionName = pwn
	!ToggleActionName = pwn
	}
	!MODULE[ModuleAnimationGroup]{}
}

Edited by Hohmannson

@Hohmannson If you have a GitHub account and haven't already, go ahead and fork the source, make these changes, and do a pull request. This way you're listed as a contributor to the original source.

If possible, try to do these without needing Module Manager. In the current release, Module Manager is only needed for changes related to RealPlume and Ferram Aerospace, where it's already a requirement. I'd like this add-on to continue to work in Stock without it.

On 9/12/2021 at 9:00 PM, Gordon Fecyk said:

without needing Module Manager

OFC i can edit files directly. This patch was for demonstration purposes. I just created GitHub account, it will take some time.

upd: PR tested and submitted.

Edited by Hohmannson
upd

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 3:25 PM, Hohmannson said:

upd: PR tested and submitted

Sorry for the delay - I just got around to updating the repository and these updates look good, and also look like they'll work without Module Manager. Thanks!

I integrated Hohmannson's changes and, while the extra button looks confusing, his changes did work as designed. The repository has these and other changes, and is usable for now.

I'm working on adding Waterfall effects to the next release. I already have the Hades and Dorothy engines working with this, mostly cloning the Stock Waterfall Effects examples. Once that's done I can release it.