Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion Grand Discussion thread.

Vanamonde

On 06/04/2017 at 1:53 AM, regex said:

Wouldn't that have been great, being able to direct the space program?

It would indeed be great to play a version of KSP where the P part had meaning.

On 05/04/2017 at 3:20 AM, JPLRepo said:

Mission Builder is not Contract Configurator. Nor does it generate or use contracts.

Is it similar in any way to the mission builder in KerbalEdu?

I must say I am having trouble figuring out any possible difference between a `mission` and a `contract` other than a contract would have a reward at the end.

Any chance of some clarification?

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet etc.

Recently, I and some friends were talking 'bout the DLC, when both of us realised there was no accurate data on the communities opinion of the DLC. So I looked on the announcement page, tried to find the opinion of everyone on there, but in the end, my computer crashed, along with all the data I had collected (Never forget to save kids.) So if you could, vote here: http://stickymoose.com/WolQ0bds6wZ5Xlv

I personally am very disappointed in the DLC.

Not only have I had problems getting it downloaded and installed, but I've also found it very hard to play.  Further, none of the new features show up.  I'm not able to locate the Mission Builder, no new parts are showing; very disappointing.  It's almost as though it wasn't even there!

And don't get me started on the price they're asking for it!  It's ludicrous!  I have no idea what they were thinking with this.

The only thing I can say is that None of this makes any sense right now.

Edit:
This was in response to this ex-OP.
(Merging's too good for it.  That thread was born to hang.)

Edited by razark

On 3/17/2017 at 9:12 PM, swjr-swis said:

I think we're making history alright: after 23 hours, not a single thread has been merged yet into the grand discussion thread. Why is no one talking? :mad: The debates, where are the debates?

(either that, or the moderators are taking an extra nap in preparation of the weekend chaos... :D)

One reason could be because this addition is sort of meh from the sound of it. At least from my prospective, career mode is the only thing that interests me for about 2 weeks out of the year and I forget I even own the game. Until more love is put into that, and mods become integrated this game will struggle imo. 

1 hour ago, Regiampiero said:

One reason could be because this addition is sort of meh from the sound of it. At least from my prospective, career mode is the only thing that interests me for about 2 weeks out of the year and I forget I even own the game. Until more love is put into that, and mods become integrated this game will struggle imo. 

If selling millions is struggling then what am I doing!?  

My life is a failure!

3 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

If selling millions is struggling then what am I doing!?  

My life is a failure!

I don't know, but I can tell you what you're not doing and that's reading. Last I checked I was allowed to have an opinion and a point of view. Plus selling even a million copy of a game in the span of 6 years isn't exactly a success when you put in prospective. 

On 05/04/2017 at 3:20 AM, JPLRepo said:

Not sure what you are basing that on. I didn't see @nightingale say that at all, and yes he left Squad back in Jan? Mission Builder is not Contract Configurator. Nor does it generate or use contracts.

Well the first part is close but not exactly correct, as it was explained in the KSP Weekly's. But nowhere did anyone say anything about it adding contracts? So not sure where you sourced that info from.

That's a shame. I too got the impression from the announcement post that there would be a way to plan/customize missions for career mode from within the game (which would be AWESOME! :D).

Just wishful thinking I guess :P

Regardless I'll still keep a close eye on the forums for more info closer to release.

*grumbles about including Porkjet's overhaul parts with DLC or 1.3*

Insanely looking forward to this DLC... slightly surprised about the direction they've gone with it, but imo it works :)

Anyone care to guess when it'll be released? BONUS SPACE POINTS for closest guess!

I'm onboard. This game continues to entertain me after 3+ years. More official content and squad keep the lights on. Yep I'll buy it for sure!

Edited by T.A.P.O.R.
No strong feelings about dlc

Any word on what historical craft are being added? I know Saturn V and Vostok have been shown.

I'm guessing Soyuz, Gemini, and maybe an LK? I assume we won't be getting the less popular TKS or Voskhod... Right? What about probes? All available in varying styles through mods, but I'm still excited to see another take on these

I hope the included missions are fun, working with limitations can be very rewarding in it's own right. 

8 hours ago, Orionkermin said:

Any word on what historical craft are being added? I know Saturn V and Vostok have been shown.

I'm guessing Soyuz, Gemini, and maybe an LK? I assume we won't be getting the less popular TKS or Voskhod... Right? What about probes? All available in varying styles through mods, but I'm still excited to see another take on these

I hope the included missions are fun, working with limitations can be very rewarding in it's own right. 

I hope as many as possible. An N-1/LK moon mission would undoubtedly be a fun mission (without realistic failures of course). Personally I will be slightly disappointed if Voskhod doesn't make it in. After all it was used for the first ever EVA mission, and the craft itself is basically a Vostok (already shown) with different internals and a backup retrorocket pack. IMO this feels like a sound candidate for using the part upgrades mechanism. You could skip Voskhod-1 though since the mission wasn't as big a deal in my mind and Soyuz + Apollo(/Mk1-2) will have the 3 man capsule niche covered very well.

On 1.5.2017 at 11:49 PM, T.A.P.O.R. said:

I'm onboard. This game continues to entertain me after 3+ years. More official content and squad keep the lights on. Yep I'll buy it for sure!

I`m also still on the hypetrain. Taped myself on the last waggons roof.
I feel pretty blasted.:D
I just can`t wait to make a stock soyuz... ...SOYUZ! OMG!!!:0.0::cool:

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, KingPhantom said:

just a short question. we already had a picture of the lander module from making history. does anyone know if there are more sneak peaks of pictures?

Check the weeklies. There have been IIRC Saturn 5, Apollo module and F-1 engine shown. (That's the rocket motor from Saturn 5's first stage, not a race car engine.)