Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

Alright everyone, I'm going to update everything tomorrow. Was going to today but was out longer than expected and it's late here where I am.

@icantmakemodels, your Helium-Xsat-1 launch is next. I'll launch it tomorrow, so if you have any specific instructions, now's the time to say them.

Edited by TheEpicSquared

Can i contribute? I might become a payload provider. I have several ideas for (very) low mass interplanetary probes. I also might become a launch provider too. I have ideas for that too.

Edited by NSEP

6 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Can i contribute? I might become a payload provider. I have several ideas for (very) low mass interplanetary probes. I also might become a launch provider too. I have ideas for that too.

sure! just get a rocket (for LP) or a satellite (for PP) and submit it and your in!
EDIT: and the offer window is closed for the <RETRACTED> nobody else can attempt any offers

Edited by StupidAndy

@TheEpicSquared:

MJ settings:

• Limit Q to 20000 pa
  • Limit AoA to 5 deg. Dynamic pressure fadeout 2500 pa.

Instructions:

1. Turn on MJ ascent navball guidance
  2. Set SAS to target
  3. Stage
  4. Wait until first stage burnout
  5. Turn off MJ
  6. Set SAS to prograde and burn with second stage until Ap ~= 100km
  7. Deploy fairing now for anti-Kessler reasons
  8. Circularize at Ap: MJ -> Manuver planner -> Circularize -> at next Ap -> Execute
  9. While you're waiting, activate all the solar panels and antenna and stuff
  10. This would be a great time to recover the first stage with FMRS:
    1. Activate airbrakes and parachutes.
    2. Land the thing and recover it before it falls over and breaks.
  11. Decouple second stage, deorbit
  12. Maybe recover it but if it burns up that's okay.
  13. Use sattelite's engines to put it in a geosync orbit.

Got all that?

If I have time I'll teach myself KOS and write a script for all that.

---

@HiThere!2, Be a Launch Provider (e.g., SpaceX) or a Payload provider (i.e., NASA). Launch providers build rockets, Payload providers build sattelites.

TL;DR: We're roleplaying KSP.

Edited by icantmakemodels

20 minutes ago, HiThere!2 said:

Seems quite awesome, but can someone give me a TL;DR version of everything?

7 minutes ago, icantmakemodels said:

TL;DR: We're roleplaying KSP.

no no...that'll get us 2.2J'd, what were doing is...basically what he said before...yeah...:wink:

but NOT a roleplay

18 minutes ago, icantmakemodels said:

I would like to argue that it is a roleplay, even if we're following 2.2j. We are roleplaying but just oh so happen to be using our usernames instead of other names

it is basically a roleplay, but like some political things that I can't mention for OTHER reasons for 2.2ness, it is, but we can't SAY it is

EDIT: also, I lied earlier, I have one more wonderful satellite inspired by this majesty left:

I think you can guess what I'm doing

its not AS much, only 13, but its basically its a smaller scale

Edited by StupidAndy

2 hours ago, HiThere!2 said:

I sort of understand the rules, so can I put in a request to be a Launcher Provider?

Yes! Make sure to post craft in the craft submission thread linked in the OP and keep it realistic, under 20m high, and cheap for use!

21 minutes ago, Oliverm001x said:

Second iteration rockets phase will soon be rolled out.

But I've hardly had any flights of the Arthur-1! Oh well, can development be started of my 'Matchstick' 0.625m SRB (also called the Arthur-2X) and its attachment onto the Arthur-1?

Also, we should probably wait a bit more to give time for more sensible payloads, before people start going wild with the extra payload capability

Naming system for different Arthur stages: 

Spoiler
  • Arthur-1 first stage is the Arthur-1A
  • Arthur-1 second stage is the Arthur-1B
  • Arthur-2 booster (4 attached to the Arthur-1 is the Arthur-2X
  • Arthur-2 lengthened first stage (not in base version) is the Arthur-2A and the launcher using it is called the Arthur-2E (for extended)
  • The Arthur-3 first stage is the Arthur-3A (3 engines, Arthur-1B upper stage and 1.875m wide)

Edited by Skylon

16 minutes ago, Skylon said:

But I've hardly had any flights of the Arthur-1! Oh well, can development be started of my 'Matchstick' 0.625m SRB and its attachment onto the Arthur-1?

Also, we should probably wait a bit more to give time for more sensible payloads, before people start going wild with the extra payload capability

Absolutely, when we roll out phase 2, all of the flights on the launch manifest will still be completed, and more flights can be scheduled. We are intending to initiate phase 2 in 1-2 weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.