Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

2 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Probably because the rocket's out of the thick lower atmosphere by then, and so horizontal velocity becomes more and more important.

Is there any way I could raise the height of that to about 50km? would we be allowed to use custom mechjeb settings?

2 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Is there any way I could raise the height of that to about 50km? would we be allowed to use custom mechjeb settings?

Custom MechJeb settings are fine, just make sure I know what to plug in. Not sure how to raise the height of the gravity turn, though. Probably better to ask around in the MechJeb thread. :) 

Just now, Brent Kerman said:

I pressed post by accident, I meant with all the mods I need to download.

I'm in the process of updating the OP with links to each mod. And you don't need to download all of them, just the ones you need for your rocket/payload. 

If you do want to download all of them, you can use CKAN for nearly all of them. :wink: 

I think the reason some of us find it complex is that we aren't familiar with some of the mods you are using.  I just downloaded Mechjeb and spent 3 hours trying to get mechjeb to achieve orbit with a rocket that I piloted to orbit just fine.  There are other mods like Kerbalism that I'm not familiar with, however I intend to read up on it.  I think the whole challenge might be simpler if it started stock, however that is simply my opinion and I'm happy to let you, the creator, dictate the terms of your idea.

17 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Custom MechJeb settings are fine, just make sure I know what to plug in. Not sure how to raise the height of the gravity turn, though. Probably better to ask around in the MechJeb thread. :) 

Got it. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Thor Wotansen said:

I think the reason some of us find it complex is that we aren't familiar with some of the mods you are using.  I just downloaded Mechjeb and spent 3 hours trying to get mechjeb to achieve orbit with a rocket that I piloted to orbit just fine.  There are other mods like Kerbalism that I'm not familiar with, however I intend to read up on it.  I think the whole challenge might be simpler if it started stock, however that is simply my opinion and I'm happy to let you, the creator, dictate the terms of your idea.

I see what you mean. I, too, think that some of the mods are... in-depth, to say the least. I guess we're all in the same boat. :wink: 

The reason I included mods is because just stock feels really bland compared to everything you can get with addons. Mods would make it a richer experience, is what I thought. 

This project will remain modded for the foreseeable future. :) 

1 minute ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Can you link me to this, and where do I sign up!

Here you go: http://magico13.net:8080/job/Kerbal Construction Time Beta/

If you want to sign up to be an LP, just post the name of your space company here and you'll be added to the LP list! :) 

@53miner53 @Thor Wotansen @Brent Kerman

Could you please tell me the names of your launch companies, so I can add them to the OP? Thanks :) 

2 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I see what you mean. I, too, think that some of the mods are... in-depth, to say the least. I guess we're all in the same boat. :wink: 

The reason I included mods is because just stock feels really bland compared to everything you can get with addons. Mods would make it a richer experience, is what I thought. 

Here you go: http://magico13.net:8080/job/Kerbal Construction Time Beta/

If you want to sign up to be an LP, just post the name of your space company here and you'll be added to the LP list! :) 

Not quite sure what LP means but the name is Venturi Engineering Corp. :cool: 

Just now, TheEpicSquared said:

Cool, and I do get what you're saying about having more gameplay options with mods.  I guess personally I get more out of the engineering side of the game and I like the challenge that a full stock install brings to the table, but like I said, it's your baby so I'll go with what you decide.

My LP will be named Asgard Industries.  I will also be a PP.

And let the record state that I hate MechJeb.  :mad:

Arthur-1:

• Expendable
  • Two stage
  • Upper stage to be called the Xarla-1.3A
  • Lower stage to be called the Xarla-1.1A

Arthur-2: 

•  2 0.625m SRBs (called Splints) extra

Arthur-4:

• 4 'Splints' extra

Arthur-1H:

• Three Xarla-1.1A cores (centre with lower fuel consumption. I'm assuming asparagus/crossfeed is discouraged, though the F9H was originally planned to use it)
Edited by Skylon

1 minute ago, Skylon said:

Xarla-1:

• Expendable
  • Two stage
  • Upper stage to be called the Xarla-1.3A
  • Lower stage to be called the Xarla-1.1A

Xarla-1B:

• Dual-Engine lower stage called the 1.1B
  • Mid stage added to be called the 1.2A

Question: Do payload fairings have to be fixed? Or are they edited for each payload? If you plan to use procedural fairings, be aware I am using stock fairings

They can be edited for each payload. Your rockets will be added to the OP when you provide a download link for them. :) 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

My company is the Kerbin Orbital Launches, Inc.

Our motto is: Per aspera ad astra.

Disclaimer: KOL Inc. is nor responsible for any loss of property or life (while using KOL products) due to Sabotage, User Stupidity, Failure to read the Manual, or Act of God. Any of the above occurring frees KOL Inc. from any and all liabilities. KOL Inc. accepts responsibility if damage to property, injury, or death occurs due to bad engineering, not supplying a manual, and/or bad construction.

(Jebediah Kerman voids warranties due to all of the above reasons.:D)

Edited by Brent Kerman

can someone create a kerbalism to stock conversion chart like thingy? I currently have 0 access to my mods (I may/may not have broke them all :blush:) and I also do not like kerbalism that much (tooo hard even for me) but I really want to join this, and I don't know how to build a good stock payload (or launcher for that matter) that wont kill any Kerbals onboard once it gets put into a kerbalism save.

Also, name of my company will be NSS (nascar space service).

I also have 1 more question I just thought of. Can I be in charge of both a PP and a LP? Maybe even launch some of my own payloads using my own launchers to save money?

1 minute ago, nascarlaser1 said:

can someone create a kerbalism to stock conversion chart like thingy? I currently have 0 access to my mods (I may/may not have broke them all :blush:) and I also do not like kerbalism that much (tooo hard even for me) but I really want to join this, and I don't know how to build a good stock payload (or launcher for that matter) that wont kill any Kerbals onboard once it gets put into a kerbalism save.

Well, l can't provide that info, but ask around on the kerbalism thread. They might be able to help. :) 

Just now, TheEpicSquared said:

Well, l can't provide that info, but ask around on the kerbalism thread. They might be able to help. :) 

ok thxs. I have 1 extra question. can I be a PP and a LP? Perhaps we could launch our own payloads using our own launchers to save money? (don't know if this would get complex)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.