Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch or Payload Provider]

Half-price 5th launch of my first launch vehicle to whoever guess why it is named as it is (check earlier post)

Can we have a few orbital altitudes we have to rate our launchers for e.g. 80km, 200km, 500km, Geostationary transfer orbit? Maybe less, also what margin for error do we need/what delta v. Can't have people competing to see who can get the max payload capacity closest to the real thing

@TheEpicSquared We need a separate discussion thread/ craft posting thread for this, so we can see when everyone actually has a launcher posted, and everyone only gets one post on the craft posting thread.

This would probably be in the spacecraft exchange, considering we would have already posted the downloads and specs :rolleyes:

Edited by Skylon

13 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Half-price 5th launch of my first launch vehicle to whoever guess why it is named as it is (check earlier post)

Can we have a few orbital altitudes we have to rate our launchers for e.g. 80km, 200km, 500km, Geostationary transfer orbit? Maybe less, also what margin for error do we need/what delta v. Can't have people competing to see who can get the max payload capacity closest to the real thing

We need a separate discussion thread/ craft posting thread for this, so we can see when everyone actually has a launcher posted, and everyone only gets one post on the craft posting thread.

This would probably be in the spacecraft exchange, considering we would have already posted the downloads and specs :rolleyes:

I asked @Red Iron Crown, and he said Challenges and Mission Ideas is the best place to post this.

As for a separate thread, I'll let you know tomorrow. Imma go to sleep now *yawns*

6 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I asked @Red Iron Crown, and he said Challenges and Mission Ideas is the best place to post this.

As for a separate thread, I'll let you know tomorrow. Imma go to sleep now *yawns*

I mean the craft posting thread in spacecraft exchange

Alternatively, you could just post that in the topic description, which seems to be what you are doing.

I suddenly realise that the earliest to post launcher craft will be the earliest to get moneez. That is if there are PPs. 

I still think it would be good to have some way PPs can get money. I will see if I can write  rules for that, keeping as simple as the LP rules.

I should've PMed you before you posted this, but oh well :rolleyes:

Edited by Skylon

good! kerbalism! I'll build my thing on my kerbalism install!

I look forward to  becoming

dun dun daaaaa!!!!!!

GLOPDOSIAN ORBITAL!!

and a question (because it is ether A) for new people to see it (like the first page) and B) I don't want to read the entire pages)

my rocket is literally 20.033 meters tall, can I round it down to twenty? (if I do the fairing better I can probably get under 20)

nope, the lowest is a very unaerodynamic 20.021

I WAS WRONG! THAT WAS MASS!! ITS ACTUALLY 19.6 METERS! IM FREE!!!!

Edited by StupidAndy

2Bm7PhF.png

Glopdosian Orbital

We are pioneering the advancement in cheap, expendable rockets, or at least that's what our boss says so, we have a big rocket, but I don't know what it does, I only write descriptions, you could say I am awful at my job, you are right

get out of here fil!

Here at Glopdosian Orbital, we are pioneering the future of rocketry, we are currently making our Gloeerian Mk1 Rocket, it is currently expendable, but we will use our knowledge earned from our first generation of flights to prepare ourselves to make our rocket fully reusable! I have now reached two lines in description so I shall now, shut up.

Craft File

https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Gloeerian-I-LV_2

more info soonTM

Edited by StupidAndy

so, I'm gona be a launch and payload provider. May merge with another group of people.

I introduce you to....Lefty's Aereospace and Rockets

The starting rocket will be enarxy (pronounced en-ar-csy)

Here is my Aquila 1. It launches one ton to LKO. It's totally reusable. YOU MUST turn on RCS just before first stage burnout. Sometimes with too light a payload Mechjeb will spin it trying to be too perfect on the circulization maneuver. If this happens disable Mechjeb and shut down the booster. After payload separation deorbit the second stage. Retrograde hold MUST BE ON to survive reentry. Aquila 1 (Sorry, no pictures, I forgot to take screenshots of final version, will get tomorrow.)

Works in stock with Mechjeb, any mod that changes aerodynamics or stock engines may cause issues. 

Customer cost: :funds:25,000

Launch Services Cost: :funds:10,000

You can just buy the rocket and launch yourself, but this voids any and all warranties. If you pay for launch services, all failures other than Sabotage or an Act of God, are on us. (Basically, it's launch insurance.)

Edited by Brent Kerman

Can we have all launch vehicle posts in red, payloads in blue, and finished deals in green? Or something like that. Just easier for you to find. 

Would you mind recovering 4 solid booster? Or too tedious? I would recover my whole liquid fuelled first stage too, but realism :kiss:.

Will you track our funds? 

Edited by Skylon

First of all, thanks to everyone for becoming LPs and PPs.

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

Can we have all launch vehicle posts in red, payloads in blue, and finished deals in green? Or something like that. Just easier for you to find. 

Would you mind recovering 4 solid booster? Or too tedious? I would recover my whole liquid fuelled first stage too, but realism :kiss:.

Will you track our funds? 

I think we will have a separate thread in the Spacecraft Exchange for posting your rockets, so they can be posted there.

I can recover 4 SRBs. Just make sure that they have a probe core on them so I can control them.

I'll track funds. Just make sure you announce your launch deals, so I can keep records properly. 

To everyone else who decided to become an LP, thanks again. I'll add you to the OP. :) 

I think payloads and final launch agreements should be there too. So anything that would be publicly announced IRL. Negotiations should be here or in pm. And again, I think everyone should get one post for all their craft, and then you can announce new rockets every day/week or so

So discussion and questions, rules here, craft, agreements and maybe launch schedule over on the other one too

Edited by Skylon

1 minute ago, Skylon said:

I think payloads and final launch agreements should be there too. So anything that would be publicly announced IRL. Negotiations should be here or in pm

Payloads, definitely in the other thread. But I think that launch agreements should be here, since this is the "core" thread, and I don't feel that it fits well in the Spacecraft Exchange. 

@Oliverm001x what do you think? You can create the Spacecraft Exchange thread when you have time. :) 

Just now, Skylon said:

Could we have launch agreements highlighted then?

Yes. Put a huge title at the beginning of the post, like this:

LAUNCH AGREEMENT

...or something like that. I think that would be hard to miss. :P 

Or you could highlight the post in a noticeable color, like green or something. :) 

Okay I am using it too so I could add them myself. 

I don't have access to KSP for a while but I finished building the Arthur-1 yesterday. Needs testing, specifically static fire of the three engine types (technically three, but one of them has three nozzles to provide better control like on the Soyuz engines and another is just an RCS port) and then I need to static fire both full stages and then it will be ready for a Demo launch

Half price fifth launch of the Arthur-1 to anyone who can guess who/what the Arthur series is named after.

Edited by Skylon

Could someone build me a station resupply probe? Here's what i want:

• Under two tonnes
  • Can rendezvous and dock under its own power using mechjeb from 80km
  • Contains 2 months of food, water, co2 scrubbing (if co2 scrubbers are expendable)
  • Can provide expendable oxygen and nitrogen containers.

If this is not really possible, tell me

Show me the stats and if I am happy I will take ownership of it and give you a free launch of the Arthur-2 when it is tested and primed for commercial launch.

Edited by Skylon

2 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Payloads, definitely in the other thread. But I think that launch agreements should be here, since this is the "core" thread, and I don't feel that it fits well in the Spacecraft Exchange. 

@Oliverm001x what do you think? You can create the Spacecraft Exchange thread when you have time. :) 

Sure! We can get it up by this afternoon!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.