A Question about High Mount Wings Planes (looking for tips)

First of all, to the Moderators I’m sorry if I posted wrong section…

I need help with an aircraft design; The Problem is as soon as the wings take the load off of the Landing gear. The wings seem to separate from the fuselage.

I’m using a High Mount Wing design or where the Wings are mounted at top of the fuselage, I need the extra space under the wing so I can mount a payload.

I’m using the FAT-445 Aeroplane Main Wing scaled up to 175%.

I’m wondering if there are any tips that I’m unaware of…

Thanks,

Sounds like your plane is really really heavy. Those FAT wings have long lever arms on them, and a large force with a large lever arm can break their joints.

There are basically two answers: struts (or autostruts), to make the joint stronger.

Or use multiple shorter wings (perhaps clipped inside each other), becase they have shorter lever arms to their Centers of Lift. Does a 200% tweakscaled FAT wing have 14 points of lift? 3 BigS wings should give you 15 points, IIRC. Then you just have to make them look nice.

Don't use rigid attachment, becaue that makes the joints more brittle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.