A weird problem with bdarmory + ckan + (i guess) pre-release issues

Though I love that KSP is always in development, and the team has my many thanks and kudos, I love-hate incoming new versions as they always destroy my mod build... this time I am at a loss as to what happened. Maybe it's relevant for the new release so i think I best post it here (and who knows, maybe someone knows what happened). 

99% of what I have is CKAN-ned. So I foolishly saw a new BDArmory and installed it. Silly me for not checking first: it was a pre-release (bda) for the pre-release (ksp) so it was not intended to work with the current version. So obviously my game crashed. No big deal so far. I removed it with CKAN, removed the old BDarmory with CKAN, reinstalled current BDa via CKAN... later on I reistalled it manually from elsewhere (github)...

But no joy. This is what happened. The currently compatible BDa installed properly. I know it did, since I have old previously saved craft with BDa parts and they loaded just fine. I can even fly them. But the BDA tab (and corresponding parts) disapeared from the VAB parts menu. And from every other tab in the menu. Basically its like I have BDa, since  the parts placed in previously saved craft exist allright, but I cannot access BDa's parts anymore for new craft. Also, althoug the craft did load, the BDa parts were kinda 'dead', meaning, I couldn't interact with them by clicking on them, or any other way. 

Weird! To quote the ending line from the movie "the sand pebbles": what the hell happened! 

My suggestion is to not use CKAN to install BDAc 

The BDAc team has a policy which is to not support CKAN as we have no control of the process beyond uploading to Spacedock ... if you install through CKAN then please take it to the CKAN thread if you have any issues as we have no interest in providing support for CKAN installs

With that being said ... you can find the download link, github issues link and other BDAc family mod links in the OP of our thread below:

BDAc v0.2.0.0 works quite well in KSP v1.2.2 as well as v1.2.9 (although there are separate dowloads depending on which KSP version you are running)

Please consult our thread for additional information

Edited by DoctorDavinci

10 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

My suggestion is to not use CKAN to install BDAc 

The BDAc team has a policy which is to not support CKAN as we have no control of the process beyond uploading to Spacedock ... if you install through CKAN then please take it to the CKAN thread if you have any issues as we have no interest in providing support for CKAN installs

With that being said ... you can find the download link, github issues link and other BDAc family mod links in the OP of our thread below:

BDAc v0.2.0.0 works quite well in KSP v1.2.2 as well as v1.2.9 (although there are separate dowloads depending on which KSP version you are running)

Please consult our thread for additional information

Ok many thanks, I'll check it out! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.