Mission Idea: Emulating Real Life in Kerbal Space Program [WIP] [Submit a Payload] [Become a Launch Provider] Craft Submission Thread!

Just now, Skylon said:

When will the first launch be? I am second right?

I'm currently editing the first launch (Iridium I demo flight), and yes, you're second. :) 

What inclination do you want the sats to be in? I'm assuming equatorial.

Yup equatorial. Make sure you are using the updated version with roll control thrusters. If it isn't posted on kerbalx tell me. Oh the updated version isn't on kerbalx whats the best way to update it (quickest)?

Okay updated it now. Does the link automatically update? You will have to re-download it, sorry :/

Edited by Skylon

Beggar I

Success percentage: 80%

LKO payload : 700kg

Pure cost with recovery: 2220:funds:

Cost (customer): 5000:funds:

Mass: 7,3t

Dimensions:

Z=8,4m

X,Y= 2,3m

https://kerbalx.com/Numerlor/Beggar-I

While launching make sure that probecore is set for control and before stage disable MechJeb and enable SAS

Edited by Numerlor

SeabCo Aerospace is proud to present...

The Alpha/Mod.1!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzr683cBbGPTVi1NQm9iSE1yb1k

This first gen rocket can take a total of 1.3 Tons to orbit, perfect for any sputnik style POC satellites. RRP is 15,000 for a fully fuelled, freshly polished rocket! Included is a special spacecraft bus, perfect for satellite core, or multiple module orbital constructions. Remember to tell your Kerbals to enable RCS!

okay! since I'm now a PP I will of course provide payloads

first up! I need someone to lift 5 of my GOSAR satellites into medium orbit, around 200km

the next two I origionally submitted to @TheEpicSquared's Epsilon Aerospace thread

I need someone to lift up my Flesba TNASS (Totally Not A Spy Satellite)

and last but certainly almost least, I need someone to lift up my Vagbon I Comsat to a 500-500Km orbit

That is all!

4 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

first up! I need someone to lift 5 of my GOSAR satellites into medium orbit, around 200km

the next two I origionally submitted to @TheEpicSquared's Epsilon Aerospace thread

and last but certainly almost least, I need someone to lift up my Vagbon I Comsat to a 500-500Km orbit

That is all!

I can do them all. Especially since I already have the Flesba TNASS and the Vagbon I Comsat. :wink: 

I have a question,

so if I do a launch of all five of my satellites, then I will have gone over my budget by 30,350 to 45,350, and that's before I add in my other two satellites.

how exactly am I supposed to make money as a PP?

Edited by StupidAndy

@TheEpicSquared, Athena I The Helium Rocket has been updated. First stage recovery, hopefully.

Instructions:

Spoiler

1. When MJ ditches the first stage: switch to it, activate the brakes and deploy the chutes.  

2. Hope KSP doesn't decide to delete it.

Edited by icantmakemodels

Wait, FMRS has been updated? *runs off*

---------------------------------------

@TheEpicSquared, can I be a PP exclusively to myself? I.e., ICMM Rockets and ICMM Payloads share a budget.

Either way:

Helium-Xsat1: http://kerbalx.com/Blacksilver/Helium-Xsat1

Delivered to: Anywhere you can get the satellite to with 2km/s of DV from LKO. (Namely Kerbostationary orbit)

Spoiler

gC32vcO.jpg

Edited by icantmakemodels

3 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

I'm going to try this as an LP, but question...first iterations can't use MK2 parts right?

no, before you become an LP, do a few extensive read overs of the OP so you don't accidentally build a rocket 21 meters tall

On 08/04/2017 at 1:50 AM, icantmakemodels said:

ICMM aerospace presents...

Athena I.

http://kerbalx.com/Blacksilver/Athena-I

Fully expendable; 34,100 funds without payload or fairing. Est. selling price: 40,000 funds.

Pics:

Reveal hidden contents

lCvChxL.jpg

v1XxRcO.jpg

What's the payload? Also I would advise against using a vector, it costs far too much, especially if you ar not going to use it. For a 20m high 1.25m wide rocket it is too much.

5 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

@TheEpicSquared, can I be a PP exclusively to myself? I.e., ICMM Rockets and ICMM Payloads share a budget.

Either way:

Xsat 1 on an Athena I rocket: http://kerbalx.com/Blacksilver/Athena-I---XSat-1

Delivered to: Anywhere you can get the sattellite to with 2km/s of DV from LKO. (Namely Kerbostationary orbit)

Reveal hidden contents

gC32vcO.jpg

Yeah you can Ben a PP just tto yourself, like spacex with their dragon craft. However, we do want to get some use out of all the other rockets.

4 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I'm going to try this as an LP, but question...first iterations can't use MK2 parts right?

Yeah and no SSTOs either if that's what you were planning

9 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I have a question,

so if I do a launch of all five of my satellites, then I will have gone over my budget by 30,350 to 45,350, and that's before I add in my other two satellites.

The government will pay you to use your satellites for communications, better the location is for them, the more they will pay.

Check the new(ish) PP rules.

Also, keep discussion to the other thread, this one is just for posting craft.

9 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

That is all!

Sure, you could choose the Iridium 1, but that costs 3,000:funds: more than mine per launch. If you are launching those GOSAR satellites separately, and I launch all of the requested satellites then in total you save 21,000 funds.

That extra cost is for the extra .2t payload capacity, which you won't be utilising. Mine can take 2.66t to LKO. I can take them all. 

16 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

for the first launch of the Gloeerian Mk1 I have figured out my payload, a small CubeSat called Troja, meant for future LKO communications

it is meant for LKO around 150,000 meters with no inclination

Craft File: https://kerbalx.com/Stupidandy/Troja-I-Boxsat

it will be found in the subassemblies

You will be added to the launch manifest when I get to a computer (phones are hard).

15 hours ago, kerbinorbiter said:

Already developing my second iteration it will be called: Rosica MX (1 million and ten in Roman numerals) it should be fully reusable

Ok.

15 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

oh yeah! disable my reaction wheels in my rocket because I forgot to. :confused:

Ok.

12 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I have a question,

The government pays you for your satellite services (15% of the cost of the satellite per month, subject to change).

9 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

@TheEpicSquared, Athena I has been updated. First stage recovery, hopefully.

Instructions:

Reveal hidden contents

1. When MJ ditches the first stage: switch to it, activate the brakes and deploy the chutes.  

2. Hope KSP doesn't decide to delete it.

Ok.

8 hours ago, icantmakemodels said:

Either way:

Xsat 1 on an Athena I rocket: http://kerbalx.com/Blacksilver/Athena-I---XSat-1

Delivered to: Anywhere you can get the sattellite to with 2km/s of DV from LKO. (Namely Kerbostationary orbit)

Reveal hidden contents

gC32vcO.jpg

Yes, you can be both a PP and a LP, but you get the 100,000 budget like other LPs. You will be added to the launch manifest.

7 hours ago, Draconiator said:

No, since they are wider than 1.25m.

2 hours ago, Skylon said:

Sure, you could choose the Iridium 1, but that costs 3,000:funds: more than mine per launch. If you are launching those GOSAR satellites separately, and I launch all of the requested satellites then in total you save 21,000 funds.

That extra cost is for the extra .2t payload capacity, which you won't be utilising. Mine can take 2.66t to LKO. I can take them all. 

Those are good points, @Skylon, however:

@StupidAndy Depending on the mass of a GOSAR satellite, I could launch one or two of those as well as the Vagbon I. That way, you'd save 23,000 funds, because you'd be putting your sats on one launch instead of two.

This is where that extra 0.2 tons of capacity comes in: I can launch more sats at once, saving you money.

Depending on the mass of the Flesba TNASS, I could take that and the Vagbon one one launch. I need to know the masses of those, though.

I can take them all. :wink: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzr683cBbGPTU2JCa1d3VXFYcFk

Here is the launch ensemble for Mun-1, it is absolutely imperative to be launched D16 H0M20, into a 75Km orbit. Enable RCS on launch, but when out of the atmosphere please disable the Vernors, but leave the monoprops. Hibernate the Probe on the trip to the mun, and deploy antennae with 1. Wait till the Mun phase angle is ~111*, then burn till encountered. Then put it into a 30Km Munar orbit.

Cost is 22,750 funds. Maybe I could secure some government funding for such a monumental mission? :P

Thanks,

Seabo14