[1.11] CommNet Constellation v1.5.7 [10 January 2021] - Beta 4 of CNC+CNM for KSP 1.12.2!

TaxiService

On 6/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, TaxiService said:

Hi, thanks for the installation information.

RealSolarSystem removed most of stock ground stations, resulting in CNC unable to add new ground stations.

Can you try out the new dev build contained the fix? With it, I can see "Marsya Base" ground station added.

Sorry for the long reply; I been dev'ing a test config, and success! (so far). It seems to be working okay; I'll test it some more then I'll publish the files and fixes to make compatible for RSS

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 6:00 AM, dtoxic said:

@TaxiService ok so here is the log and some new information, i noticed that these nullref's start occurring when creating new constellations in tracking station (also in flight scene i assume i did not test that)

in the log the first one starts from line number [69115] in this test i created two constellations named 1 & 2 and their frequencies also 1 & 2

do note that this is on my test install with a lot of mods so ignore other errors, also a thing you might want to look into is that this also happened on my normal install and i already had some constellations created and named,so i assume that is the same error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93m19gloq8f0zyq/TaxiService.rar?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89wyhnoe203up5z/CNC-PlayerLog.rar?dl=1

if you need anything else let me know

Hi, thanks for your logs.

I can't find any information that explains why the nullreferenceexception occurs when switching to Tracking Station or Flight scene.

If you would like to help further, please download this debug-enabled build and re-trigger the nullreferenceexception on your side. This special build will print out in output_log.txt where the exception happened within the suspected code area.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Hi, thanks for your logs.

I can't find any information that explains why the nullreferenceexception occurs when switching to Tracking Station or Flight scene.

If you would like to help further, please download this debug-enabled build and re-trigger the nullreferenceexception on your side. This special build will print out in output_log.txt where the exception happened within the suspected code area.

Thanks.

i am on it give me a couple of minutes and ill upload the log

21 hours ago, dtoxic said:

Hi, thanks so much.

Based on your log, it is likely a third-party CommNet mod modifying KSP's CommNet functionality so I implemented additional protection against NullReferenceException spam in CNC mod.

Feel free to try out the latest CNC build.

@TaxiService the only two candidates i can think of are  "CommNetAntennasConsumptor" (less likely i added this one last and nullref was happening way before that) and CommNetAntennasInfo

will let you know how it goes,but i as you seen in the latest cnc you posted there was no nullref just an error something about object instance and refresh thing (not much into coding so all of that is black magic to me)

EDIT

ok so now i get this witch i presume is what you implemented in the last build

Spoiler

[LOG 16:08:22.621] [CommNet Constellation] CommNode of CommNetHome is null, likely due to a third-party CommNet mod
[LOG 16:08:22.622] [CommNet Constellation] CommNode of CommNetHome is null, likely due to a third-party CommNet mod
[LOG 16:08:22.622] [CommNet Constellation] CommNode of CommNetHome is null, likely due to a third-party CommNet mod
[LOG 16:08:22.623] [CommNet Constellation] CommNode of CommNetHome is null, likely due to a third-party CommNet mod
[LOG 16:08:22.623] [CommNet Constellation] CommNode of CommNetHome is null, likely due to a third-party CommNet mod

ill do a clean KSP test tonight and add 1 mod at a time see witch one is causing all this

will let you know tonight or tomorrow

Edited by dtoxic

23 hours ago, dtoxic said:

@TaxiService the only two candidates i can think of are  "CommNetAntennasConsumptor" (less likely i added this one last and nullref was happening way before that) and CommNetAntennasInfo

will let you know how it goes,but i as you seen in the latest cnc you posted there was no nullref just an error something about object instance and refresh thing (not much into coding so all of that is black magic to me)

EDIT

ok so now i get this witch i presume is what you implemented in the last build

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 16:08:22.621] [CommNet Constellation] CommNode of CommNetHome is null, likely due to a third-party CommNet mod

ill do a clean KSP test tonight and add 1 mod at a time see witch one is causing all this

will let you know tonight or tomorrow

Hi, I identified the potential culprit - CommNet option of enabling ground stations in the KSP settings.

I forgot about this setting when implementing the recent-introduced functionality of custom ground stations.

Does it happen to be disabled on your side?

Hello! I’m considering switching to this from RemoteTech, and I’m wondering a couple things:

- can signal delay be added?

- are nertea’s NF exploration antennas compatible?

- is commnet antennas consumptor compatible?

20 hours ago, dtoxic said:

@TaxiService i have all the ground stations disabled except KSC

Yes, this is why your issue occurred with this setting. A new update is committed to CNC to be aware of this setting when initializing extra ground stations or not.

11 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Hello! I’m considering switching to this from RemoteTech, and I’m wondering a couple things:

- can signal delay be added?

- are nertea’s NF exploration antennas compatible?

- is commnet antennas consumptor compatible?

Hi,

There is no plan for signal delay.

It is fully compatible with NFE mod.

It is not compatible with Commnet Antennas Consumption.

33 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

Yes, this is why your issue occurred with this setting. A new update is committed to CNC to be aware of this setting when initializing extra ground stations or not.

Great, Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

CommNet Constellation 1.5.5 is out for KSP 1.10

• Recomplied for KSP 1.10

Linky 

Spoiler

What's new?

• Recompiled for KSP 1.10
  • Minor change to the template for new ground stations due to RealSolarSystem mod
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.1.4
  • Updated functionality of custom ground stations against CommNet setting of enabling ground stations

Requirements

• ModuleManager
  • Kerbal Space Program 1.10

Known issues

• Issue #2 - White connections caused by combinations of other mods
  • Issue #8 - Deteriorated performance on a large number of mods
Edited by TaxiService

I've been having trouble with a interplanetary commnetwork and so I drew the problem I'm having below:

weirWFa.png

Im having this basically but I'm wanting to have the comm-sats to work like so:

RvuQagG.png

Im kinda new to the whole commnet thing to begin with since I haven't played in a long time, but I have the general stuff down like relay and direct. Perhaps I'm doing the constellation part wrong. Or I'm just overthinking it...

Any help getting my network to work like above is appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by NateDaBeast

46 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

I've been having trouble with a interplanetary commnetwork and so I drew the problem I'm having below:

weirWFa.png

Im having this basically but I'm wanting to have the comm-sats to work like so:

RvuQagG.png

Im kinda new to the whole commnet thing to begin with since I haven't played in a long time, but I have the general stuff down like relay and direct. Perhaps I'm doing the constellation part wrong. Or I'm just overthinking it...

Any help getting my network to work like above is appreciated. Thanks.

1 and 3 should have different frequencies 2 should have same as 1 and 3 the way of doing this slap some more antennas on probes and configure them accordingly, and be sure to set the probe core to say default 0 frequency that should work

so 1(Freq. 2) 2 (two antennas 1&3) and 3 (Freq. 2)

18 hours ago, dtoxic said:

1 and 3 should have different frequencies 2 should have same as 1 and 3 the way of doing this slap some more antennas on probes and configure them accordingly, and be sure to set the probe core to say default 0 frequency that should work

so 1(Freq. 2) 2 (two antennas 1&3) and 3 (Freq. 2)

My issue now is that I keep getting this error message when I try editing the frequency of an antenna: "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

CvOeWM3.png

I also noticed theres no names list for the 2 relay antenna I have on the craft which are both stock.

EDIT:

Near Future Exploration is what caused the problem.

Edited by NateDaBeast

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I dont fully understand how craft talk to each other. I can set up base stations but how do i set up a  constellation between crafts? I tried that they both use the same frequency. but it does not seem to work? 

Why does not this work?. They the same network and the  "mother" ship gets a signal from Kerbin, it should share it to its probe on freq. 500. ? 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2190367169

Edited by lokee81

Could this mod get a compatibility patch for Near Future Exploration? I've gone through most of the parts and can say that it works for half of the parts. 

I believe this is the mod that adds the "Class X Direct/Relay Antenna" in orange in the descriptions of parts and it appears that those without that orange remark are not compatible and come from Near Future Exploration.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:12 AM, lokee81 said:

Hi. I dont fully understand how craft talk to each other. I can set up base stations but how do i set up a  constellation between crafts? I tried that they both use the same frequency. but it does not seem to work? 

Why does not this work?. They the same network and the  "mother" ship gets a signal from Kerbin, it should share it to its probe on freq. 500. ? 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2190367169

Hi,

Based on your screenshot, both "Consept Doc X I" and "Consept Doc X I Probe" have same freq 500 so they should have the red connection between them, assumed their antennas of freq 500 are activated.

But I need your output_log.txt to investigate how CNC determines the power and frequency for each vessel.

Thanks.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:09 AM, NateDaBeast said:

Could this mod get a compatibility patch for Near Future Exploration? I've gone through most of the parts and can say that it works for half of the parts. 

I believe this is the mod that adds the "Class X Direct/Relay Antenna" in orange in the descriptions of parts and it appears that those without that orange remark are not compatible and come from Near Future Exploration.

CNC has the compatibility patch for NearFuture Exploration since 1.5.2 and I verified on my test installation the stock and NFE antennas are still working as designed.

However, I am curious about your last statement "adds the "Class X Direct/Relay Antenna" in orange in the descriptions of parts". CNC doesn't have such functionality.

Please post a screenshot of the orange description info so that I may be able to identify which mod the info is belonged to.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Hi,

Based on your screenshot, both "Consept Doc X I" and "Consept Doc X I Probe" have same freq 500 so they should have the red connection between them, assumed their antennas of freq 500 are activated.

But I need your output_log.txt to investigate how CNC determines the power and frequency for each vessel.

Thanks.

CNC has the compatibility patch for NearFuture Exploration since 1.5.2 and I verified on my test installation the stock and NFE antennas are still working as designed.

However, I am curious about your last statement "adds the "Class X Direct/Relay Antenna" in orange in the descriptions of parts". CNC doesn't have such functionality.

Please post a screenshot of the orange description info so that I may be able to identify which mod the info is belonged to.

Thanks.

OzgbbX5.png

I believe this is just for BDB parts, I just wasn't for sure tho.

Edit: I remember checking though and it appeared that the NFE mods didn't have the CNC setup thing when youre in the VAB or on the pad. 

Edited by NateDaBeast

On 8/14/2020 at 6:45 AM, NateDaBeast said:

OzgbbX5.png

I believe this is just for BDB parts, I just wasn't for sure tho.

Edit: I remember checking though and it appeared that the NFE mods didn't have the CNC setup thing when youre in the VAB or on the pad. 

It seems this antenna part is belonged to ReStock+. NFE doesn't have compatibility patch for it and similar other mods (basically not supported).

I only made CNC compatibility patch for NFE.

• 1 month later...

On 8/12/2020 at 2:09 AM, NateDaBeast said:

On 8/13/2020 at 4:06 PM, TaxiService said:

That orange text comes from a patch of my zFinal collection which is linked in my signature and always up to date via Dropbox:
GameData\zFinal\zzz_AddClassDescriptionsToAntennas.cfg

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I can not see the cross icons for all ground stations. Is this a known issue?

Missing are:

• Kerbin: Harvester Massif
  • Kerbin: Mesa South

Edit:

This issue occured in flight mode, in the Tracking Station I can see "Kerbin: Harvester Massif", but still not "Kerbin: Mesa South"

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having an issue where the ground stations keep resetting in career mode. Like every time I try to launch they just downgrade back to zero and stop working...

Also, for some reason CommNet connection lines don't really show up most of the time.

Edited by CessnaSkyhawk

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 9:43 PM, CessnaSkyhawk said:

I'm having an issue where the ground stations keep resetting in career mode. Like every time I try to launch they just downgrade back to zero and stop working...

Also, for some reason CommNet connection lines don't really show up most of the time.

Same problem here