[1.11] CommNet Constellation v1.5.7 [10 January 2021] - Beta 4 of CNC+CNM for KSP 1.12.2!

TaxiService

22 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Hi, thanks for your bug report.

According to your log, you entered SPH and launched a vessel in Flight at the Runaway. Then, you did something to this vessel and reverted back to SPH. That is when a bunch of exception  appeared and prevented you from exiting the editor. Is this order of steps correct? I tried to reproduce the errors observed in the log on my side but could not. 

In addition, it seems there is something invalid in your vessel file that causes the errors. Can you build a simple vessel from fresh and subject it to the same steps you did that caused the errors?

Thanks!

You are correct on the steps order. (I just launched the vessel and immediatly reverted to SPH).

Can you tell me more about what is invalid in my vessel ?

The vessel was a fresh new one. Only using stock parts. I can reproduce it with every vessel I have in SPH/VAB.

I created a new career and I could not reproduce it with a fresh new vessel. Could be my savefile somehow ?

15 hours ago, flart said:

Consider making lightweight separate mod for this, without Constellations

Good idea. It just needs a copy & paste action and leave it extensible for other modders to add other modes. I think I will release it in a separate thread & download page.

14 hours ago, itsou said:

You are correct on the steps order. (I just launched the vessel and immediatly reverted to SPH).

Can you tell me more about what is invalid in my vessel ?

The vessel was a fresh new one. Only using stock parts. I can reproduce it with every vessel I have in SPH/VAB.

I created a new career and I could not reproduce it with a fresh new vessel. Could be my savefile somehow ?

This is what I am trying to find out how it happened. It seems one of your mods generates the nullreference error when processing an area of your savefile, propelling the error to other KSP components and mods. In the snapshot below, you can see the error jumps from one component to next component, (included CommNet and CNC) when loading your savefile.

Spoiler

------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

editor started

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception loading ScenarioModule ContractSystem: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Exception loading ScenarioModule Funding: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Exception loading ScenarioModule ResearchAndDevelopment: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule VesselRecovery: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule Reputation: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule StrategySystem: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule ScenarioDestructibles: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule ResourceScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule KerbalAlarmClockScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule contractScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule ScenarioAchievements: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule CommNetScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule PartUpgradeManager: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Exception loading ScenarioModule CNCCommNetScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I do not think it came from vessel data you said they are stock parts only and it happens on your savefile only.

The other exception I see in the log is incompatible RCSBuildAid v0.9.1.

So what you can do is:

1. Delete RCSBuildAid v0.9.1 (btw it is reborn as RCS Build Aid Continued) and try again
  2. Upload your persistent.sfs from your save (as downloadable file as it is too much to paste) for me to inspect
  3. Separately post your issue to technical support (modded) sub-forum with your log and save file (can link to this thread for additional context if you want). Other users may be able to find out why.

ok, let me see if i got it right or not :

1- I want to have 3 sats on geo sync around kerbin

2- 3 sats around mun

3- 3 sat around minmus

4- two giant sat out of kerbin's SOI that will follow exact orbit with kerbin (one following behind and one moving in front)

5- more and more networks that will all communicate with these two last ones

as much as i understood :

if i make a constellation for geo sync, i have to put more dishes on the prob to communicate with mun, minmus, deep space, and ground stations if i want to keep mun, minmus and deep space separate from public network? then how an active vessel with only one dish would communicate between networks?

same goes for the deep space stations if i want to make them communicate with other networks around galany (using galactic neighborhood with more than enough star systems) ?

long story short : 1 signal per antenna?

also, If I want to keep remote tech antenna parts but with the functionality of commnet and your mod, what needs to be done?

thanks

Edited by Jiraiyah

@TaxiService

if you ask me, for some one like me that is not familiar enough with systems to write MM patches, you may want to put the dish models from remote tech inside this mod with proper setting to work with this mod, after all, some one should choose either between this OR remote tech and can't have both.

12 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

ok, let me see if i got it right or not :

1- I want to have 3 sats on geo sync around kerbin

2- 3 sats around mun

3- 3 sat around minmus

4- two giant sat out of kerbin's SOI that will follow exact orbit with kerbin (one following behind and one moving in front)

5- more and more networks that will all communicate with these two last ones

as much as i understood :

if i make a constellation for geo sync, i have to put more dishes on the prob to communicate with mun, minmus, deep space, and ground stations if i want to keep mun, minmus and deep space separate from public network? then how an active vessel with only one dish would communicate between networks?

same goes for the deep space stations if i want to make them communicate with other networks around galany (using galactic neighborhood with more than enough star systems) ?

long story short : 1 signal per antenna?

also, If I want to keep remote tech antenna parts but with the functionality of commnet and your mod, what needs to be done?

thanks

Yup, one signal per antenna so your vessel needs more than one antenna if it wants to talk to two or more networks at same time. With your network layout, it looks like about 4 signals to talk to every network.

(Referring to quote below) Well you got me to think about the RT2 separation of antenna parts sooner than planned. It looks like good time to research on this now. It seems like the stockisation of the RT parts is doable by updating the MM configs to stock configs. They wont have the target and angle though.

19 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

@TaxiService

if you ask me, for some one like me that is not familiar enough with systems to write MM patches, you may want to put the dish models from remote tech inside this mod with proper setting to work with this mod, after all, some one should choose either between this OR remote tech and can't have both.

9 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

(Referring to quote below) Well you got me to think about the RT2 separation of antenna parts sooner than planned. It looks like good time to research on this now. It seems like the stockisation of the RT parts is doable by updating the MM configs to stock configs. They wont have the target and angle though.

actually the target and angle , compared to constellations, i think is a good trade off, honestly, I never liked the signal delay and always turned it off but i know some people like it in RT, so, in my case, the more i think, the more i would like constellation, no worries about angles, but, having separated networks is eye candy for my eyes. I would appreciate it if you would put these patches and dish parts from RT together.

one more question, I am playing with galactic neighborhood with tons of star system, take a look at picture bellow :

This is where Kerbin is

25JpLQ8sQzG3CaMeO-hFzA.png

Although These three look like the farthest

tk6vdKJuSny5LbHq8Xt0eQ.png

This one is the highet altitude !

Q_qGk7CwQOqyoNzqrhe21Q.png

My game plan is like this : first send as many probs as needed and prob every single system, then go for playing with civilian population and the rest of my game play, now, when i thought about unmanned probbing, the first thought was that i should start each system as it's own separate commnet constellation that would talk with my deep space constellation, then it occured to me that it would be a wrong approach, i can send one deep space station to each star system to cover their internal needs. so, here is the biggest issue i have right now, what range should be a dish to cover these type of distances?

27 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

actually the target and angle , compared to constellations, i think is a good trade off, honestly, I never liked the signal delay and always turned it off but i know some people like it in RT, so, in my case, the more i think, the more i would like constellation, no worries about angles, but, having separated networks is eye candy for my eyes. I would appreciate it if you would put these patches and dish parts from RT together.

one more question, I am playing with galactic neighborhood with tons of star system, take a look at picture bellow :

This is where Kerbin is

Although These three look like the farthest

This one is the highet altitude !

My game plan is like this : first send as many probs as needed and prob every single system, then go for playing with civilian population and the rest of my game play, now, when i thought about unmanned probbing, the first thought was that i should start each system as it's own separate commnet constellation that would talk with my deep space constellation, then it occured to me that it would be a wrong approach, i can send one deep space station to each star system to cover their internal needs. so, here is the biggest issue i have right now, what range should be a dish to cover these type of distances?

The stock CommNet has the mechanism of combining a vessel's antennas of different power ratings (=ranges) into the overall vessel range with diminishing returns. You can utilise this mechanism to stack up big antennas of the same signal to increase the overall range of a vessel. Alternatively, you can experiment with the MM config of a stock antenna (I can't find a mod for this though) to edit to greatly increase its power rating in to the value you feel appropriate for this galactic distance.

4 minutes ago, TaxiService said:

The stock CommNet has the mechanism of combining a vessel's antennas of different power ratings (=ranges) into the overall vessel range with diminishing returns. You can utilise this mechanism to stack up big antennas of the same signal to increase the overall range of a vessel. Alternatively, you can experiment with the MM config of a stock antenna (I can't find a mod for this though) to edit to greatly increase its power rating in to the value you feel appropriate for this galactic distance.

well DMagicOrbital has a GIGANTIC dish, problem is, I don't know what numbers to use to cover these distances, actually, I am not sure about his licensing but i think he would be happy if you ask for the model and parts, so, you can integrate it to the new parts if you are adding it specially for these type of distances?

@TaxiService

To be honest, right now, the only thing stopping me from starting my new game play on a crazily heavy modded game, is exactly the choice between remote tech and constellation and the lack of proper knowledge on my side to do the MM patches, if you provide a sample of what I should do, i will see if i can figure things out, and if you give me an example of the antenna setting specially for that huge distance it would be a bonus. right now, when i look at remote tech antenna setting and compare it to stock, I have no idea how the distances compare and work

to start with :

@PART[RTShortAntenna*]:FOR[CommNetConstellation]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = CNConstellationAntennaModule
	}
}
@PART[RTShortDish*]:FOR[CommNetConstellation]
{
	MODULE
	{
	}
}
@PART[RTLongDish*]:FOR[CommNetConstellation]
{
	MODULE
	{
	}
}
@PART[RTGigaDish*]:FOR[CommNetConstellation]
{
	MODULE
	{
	}
}

@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:NEEDS[CommNetConstellation]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDeployableAntenna
		showStatus = false
		isTracking = false
		pivotName = Rescalar
		windResistance = 1		
		animationName = dish
		extendActionName = #autoLOC_6002398 //#autoLOC_6002398 = Extend <<1>>
		retractActionName = #autoLOC_6002399 //#autoLOC_6002399 = Retract <<1>>
		extendpanelsActionName = #autoLOC_6002400 //#autoLOC_6002400 = Toggle <<1>>
	}	

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDataTransmitter
		antennaType = DIRECT
		packetInterval = 0.10
		packetSize = 2
		packetResourceCost = 20.0
		requiredResource = ElectricCharge
		DeployFxModules = 0
		antennaPower = 100000000000
		antennaCombinable = True
	}
}

compare to :

@PART[RTShortAntenna1]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
	%TechRequired = start
	%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%IsRTActive = true
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 500000
		%EnergyCost = 0.01

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

I got this section :

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDataTransmitter
		antennaType = DIRECT
		packetInterval = 0.30  //<------------------------ CHANGED
		packetSize = 2 //<-------------------------------- CHANGED
		packetResourceCost = 15.0 //<--------------------- CHANGED
		requiredResource = ElectricCharge
		DeployFxModules = 0
		antennaPower = 500000 //<------------------------- CHANGED BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THE COMAPRING NUMBERS
		antennaCombinable = True
	}

but about the rest of stuff, no idea how should i change them

Edited by Jiraiyah

On 1/6/2018 at 5:14 PM, TaxiService said:

Hi, thanks for reporting this bug! I am able to reproduce it in CNC 1.1.2 only. It breaks the experiment popup window only and does not affect the EVA report in background.

I will fix this and send up a next CNC version, along with a fix to the other bug reported.

You may downgrade to CNC 1.1.1 if you want.

Do you think this might have inadvertently found / fixed the issue with Science Relay as well?

Edited by wile1411

22 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@TaxiService

To be honest, right now, the only thing stopping me from starting my new game play on a crazily heavy modded game, is exactly the choice between remote tech and constellation and the lack of proper knowledge on my side to do the MM patches, if you provide a sample of what I should do, i will see if i can figure things out, and if you give me an example of the antenna setting specially for that huge distance it would be a bonus. right now, when i look at remote tech antenna setting and compare it to stock, I have no idea how the distances compare and work

to start with :

compare to :

I got this section :

but about the rest of stuff, no idea how should i change them

I need to check and test the stockised MM config of one RT antenna part on my side first. I will let you know if anything comes up.

2 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Do you think this might have inadvertently found / fixed the issue with Science Relay as well?

It is possible. The root cause of the broken experiment window is the nuclear option I applied when it is detected a given vessel (eg Kerbal on EVA) is not kind that would communicate. In this option, I deleted the CommNet part of the vessel since I figured Kerbals don't talk. I never expected the experiment window needs this part to transfer (from Kerbal, what?).

The CommNet part of a vessel is easily accessible so any mod, not just CNC, can access and destroy it when it decided it is unnecessary.

Edited by TaxiService

@Jiraiyah @Phil Kerman

Hi, I managed to stockise the RemoteTech antenna parts. It is not easy to update the parts' MM patches due to the obsolete info of some parts.

They will work alone on the stock CommNet without requiring RemoteTech or CNC. Just download the non-released build from this link and extract the stock RT folder and put in your GameData.

Please check if they work well on your side. If no issue is found, then I will proceed to include it in next CNC release and drop the parts separately in RT thread.

Edited by TaxiService

@TaxiService

Hi sir, as long as i tested it (nothing more than few minutes)

here are some pictures

qmY_xOJSToyGUWXE2J6v5Q.png

in VAB everything looks fine

Xw3jlxJKQnKtNaNaaL5yug.png

in flight we get two CNC button but both open same window

Also if you pay attention there are two Tansmit Data buttons there too

T2tOXfiPREikjaaBkBLdsQ.png

well i'm totally new to this mod, but shouldn't we be able to add more networks from this window at the same time?

Edited by Jiraiyah

15 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@TaxiService

Hi sir, as long as i tested it (nothing more than few minutes)

here are some pictures

in VAB everything looks fine

in flight we get two CNC button but both open same window

Also if you pay attention there are two Tansmit Data buttons there too

well i'm totally new to this mod, but shouldn't we be able to add more networks from this window at the same time?

Eh it seems one of your mods is erroneously duplicating the config of each antenna (Transmit Data is stock and I do not touch it). I checked on my side and there was no duplication buttons there.

To add more networks, you need to create new networks from the 'Control Panel' window in Map View/Tracking Station if you haven't done. Then in each antenna ('CNC: Antenna Setup' button), set the frequency to desired network. After this, the vessel's communication window ('CNC:Communication' button) will show the networks the vessel is in.

Edited by TaxiService

3 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Eh it seems one of your mods is erroneously duplicating the config of each antenna (Transmit Data is stock and I do not touch it). I checked on my side and there was no duplication buttons there.

To add more networks, you need to create new networks from the 'Control Panel' window in Map View/Tracking Station if you haven't done. Then in each antenna ('CNC: Antenna Setup' button), set the frequency to desired network. After this, the vessel's communication window ('CNC:Communication' button) will show the networks the vessel is in.

hmm, will look into it but honestly with dosens of mods in my list i don't know which one to look, taking half of the mods out until i find the one responsible would take more than a day or two lol but knowing it's not your mod that's enough. at least now we know the dev version with the stock rt antenna should work

on a second thought, it would be nice to be able to create a new constellation during the flight to short cut the need to go back to tracking station if some one forgot to setup the constellations or for what ever reason he needs one

Edited by Jiraiyah

18 minutes ago, Jiraiyah said:

hmm, will look into it but honestly with dosens of mods in my list i don't know which one to look, taking half of the mods out until i find the one responsible would take more than a day or two lol but knowing it's not your mod that's enough. at least now we know the dev version with the stock rt antenna should work

on a second thought, it would be nice to be able to create a new constellation during the flight to short cut the need to go back to tracking station if some one forgot to setup the constellations or for what ever reason he needs one

Thanks for your confirmation on the RT antennas. I will proceed to drop a next CNC release.

P.S. You can still create a new constellation in flight. Go to Map View and open the CNC Control Panel app. You will see the option to create on the first tab.

CommNet Constellation 1.1.2 is out! 

• Stockised RemoteTech Antennas (can work without requiring CNC)
  • Restore most of CommNet DisplayModes except for mode names

Linky 

Spoiler

What's new?

• Change the fix to Issue #6 due to the broken experiment window on EVA
  • Restore most of localization of CommNet DisplayModes except for mode names
  • Add and balance stockised RemoteTech antennas (can use without this mod)

Requirements

• ModuleManager
  • Kerbal Space Program 1.3

Known issues

• Issue #2 - White connections caused by combinations of other mods

it has compatibility with Kerbin-Side continued?
I'm having trouble with CommNet Constellation.

Logs: https://github.com/gui8515/KSP/blob/master/KSP.log
KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

My List Mods:
Spoiler

Filter Extensions - 3.2.0.3
Toolbar - 1.7.16.5
ToolbarControl - 0.1.4.1
Adjustable Mod Panel - 1.2
B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1
Bon Voyage - 0.13.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.8
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.16
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3
KerbalKonstructs - 1.2.0.1
KerbinSide-GroundControl - 1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Infernal Robots - 2.0.14
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.8
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.3
NearFutureProps - 0.2.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.5
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.8
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.5
RemoteTech - 1.8.9
SpeedUnitAnnex - 0.9.8
TweakScale - 2.3.7
WASDEditorCameraContinued - 0.6.12

5 hours ago, Gui8515 said:

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

My List Mods:
  Reveal hidden contents

Filter Extensions - 3.2.0.3
Toolbar - 1.7.16.5
ToolbarControl - 0.1.4.1
Adjustable Mod Panel - 1.2
B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1
Bon Voyage - 0.13.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.8
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.16
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3
KerbalKonstructs - 1.2.0.1
KerbinSide-GroundControl - 1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Infernal Robots - 2.0.14
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.8
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.3
NearFutureProps - 0.2.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.5
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.8
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.5
RemoteTech - 1.8.9
SpeedUnitAnnex - 0.9.8
TweakScale - 2.3.7
WASDEditorCameraContinued - 0.6.12

Hey Guilherme, 

I'm not the  CNC developer, but I have been studying this mod to take some function (as frequency) to add in other mod.

I just had a look in your log file and I only saw a lot of errors on Scenario.Load

Exception loading ScenarioModule CommNetScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Exception loading ScenarioModule PartUpgradeManager: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO'

What I think it is happening is:

Kerbin-Side create a new "GroundStation" (I'm not sure because I never used it before), you are receiving error when you try Scenario  switch

for example: U created you rocket(Scene.EDITOR) and trying to launch(Scene.FLIGHT), on this point I saw two error will have an error

• ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node) "Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO'"
  • ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I guess that Kerbin-Side(or other mod) is creating "GroundStation" configNode but with not the same property that CNC, this is crashing your game because is affect more that one Scenario .

[ERR 14:23:13.211] Exception loading ScenarioModule CommNetScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.213] Exception loading ScenarioModule PartUpgradeManager: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.216] Exception loading ScenarioModule ResourceScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.218] Exception loading ScenarioModule ScenarioNewGameIntro: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.220] Exception loading ScenarioModule VesselRecovery: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.222] Exception loading ScenarioModule ScenarioAchievements: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.224] Exception loading ScenarioModule ScenarioDestructibles: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.226] Exception loading ScenarioModule CNCCommNetScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERR 14:23:13.228] Exception loading ScenarioModule KerbalKonstructsSettings: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

To try save your game save, I recommend you try to review your game save "persistent.sfs", look for missing information on SCENARIO node.

To make easier your like, try use NodePad++ & import the language 

Trip: To open the topic, click in "December 16,2017".

Abraço e desculpe me pelo meu Inglês.

Edited by HaullyGames

20 hours ago, Gui8515 said:

My List Mods:

Side note: I notice RemoteTech is installed along with CNC in your installation. Both are not compatible with each other if both are running at the same time. But this does not cause this error.

Side note 2: I never test both Kerbin-Side continued and CNC at the same time before. So I am not sure if they are compatible with each other.

To elaborate HaullyGames' comment, I have seen this Scenario.Load spam before. It usually happens in the VAB/SPH editor when KSP is trying to read the multiple stock & mod scenarios from your save file, not just CNC's scenario. My best guess is one of mods handle its scenario incorrectly, resulting in an error that propagates through other scenarios.

I am unable to reproduce this error on my side and can't find a workaround to resolve the error too. 

Do you remember anything particular interesting/unusually about steps prior to the error spam?

Edited by TaxiService

Getting NullReferenceException on latest release during load 

[LOG 11:24:14.525] This part: F-RRY Zoology Bay can leak one of the following resources if it fails: ReservePower, Water, Oxygen, CarbonDioxide, Waste, WasteWater, 
[LOG 11:24:14.525] This part: F-RRY Zoology Bay can leak one of the following resources if it fails: ReservePower, Water, Oxygen, CarbonDioxide, Waste, WasteWater, 
[LOG 11:24:14.547] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish1/part/RTGigaDish1'
[LOG 11:24:14.562] FailureModule.OnLoad
[LOG 11:24:14.583] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:14.591] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:14.602] PartLoader: Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish1/part/RTGigaDish1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:24:14.613] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:14.614] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'RTGigaDish1'
[LOG 11:24:15.114] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish2/part/RTGigaDish2'
[LOG 11:24:15.153] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.160] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.164] PartLoader: Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish2/part/RTGigaDish2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:24:15.169] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.169] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'RTGigaDish2'
[LOG 11:24:15.235] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/LongAntenna2/part/RTLongAntenna2'
[LOG 11:24:15.247] FailureModule.OnLoad
[LOG 11:24:15.272] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.280] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.283] PartLoader: Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/LongAntenna2/part/RTLongAntenna2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:24:15.290] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.291] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'RTLongAntenna2'
[EXC 11:24:15.320] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
	DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__Iterator1F.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Edited by fugufish

22 hours ago, fugufish said:

Getting NullReferenceException on latest release during load 

[LOG 11:24:14.547] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish1/part/RTGigaDish1'
[LOG 11:24:14.562] FailureModule.OnLoad
[LOG 11:24:14.583] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:14.591] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:14.602] PartLoader: Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish1/part/RTGigaDish1' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:24:14.613] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:14.614] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'RTGigaDish1'
[LOG 11:24:15.114] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish2/part/RTGigaDish2'
[LOG 11:24:15.153] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.160] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.164] PartLoader: Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/GigaDish2/part/RTGigaDish2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:24:15.169] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.169] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'RTGigaDish2'
[LOG 11:24:15.235] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/LongAntenna2/part/RTLongAntenna2'
[LOG 11:24:15.247] FailureModule.OnLoad
[LOG 11:24:15.272] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.280] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.283] PartLoader: Part 'StockRemoteTechAntennas/LongAntenna2/part/RTLongAntenna2' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 11:24:15.290] SmartRename.OnAwake 1
[LOG 11:24:15.291] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'RTLongAntenna2'
[EXC 11:24:15.320] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
	DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__Iterator1F.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Ehhh, I wonder what was changing the stock Comm 16 on your side that RTLongAntenna2 (Comm 32) is copied from and scaled up. On my side with CNC only, no nullreference exception appeared.

I think Comm32 is still working in your installation, just missing drag data.

Edited by TaxiService

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some trouble with this mod. it seems to corrupt the save data when a flight is reverted? 

Spoiler

[ERR 19:21:15.123] Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor(.ScenarioModule module)
   at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules()
   at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules()
   at Game.Updated()
   at PauseMenu.SubmitExitToMainMenuConfirmation()
   at DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected()
   at DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__6FD()
   at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke(System.Object[] args)
   at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke(System.Object[] parameters)
   at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke(System.Object[] parameters)
   at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke()
   at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press()
   at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick(UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute(UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMousePress(UnityEngine.EventSystems.MouseButtonEventData data)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent(Int32 id)
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.ProcessMouseEvent()
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.Process()
   at UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update()

[EXC 19:21:15.128] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
    ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module)
    ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules ()
    ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules ()
    Game.Updated ()
    PauseMenu.SubmitExitToMainMenuConfirmation ()
    DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected ()
    DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__6FD ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

There is also this weird output line higher up in the log that looks like it might be the problem? Something about the name parameter.

Spoiler

[LOG 19:20:55.612] [CommNet Constellation] Scenario content to be saved:
SCENARIO
{
    DisplayModeFlight = Path
    DisplayModeTracking = Network
    scene = 7, 8, 6
    name = CNCCommNetScenario
    Constellations
    {
        Constellation
        {