[1.11] CommNet Constellation v1.5.7 [10 January 2021] - Beta 4 of CNC+CNM for KSP 1.12.2!

TaxiService

Hello,

I think there is a bug.

If i close the window with "Esc" button in the tracking station, the window is not coming back anymore. Can click the button in the iconbar as much as i want. Nothing will happen. And it also block all other inputs from the keyboard. The only thing that does help is to hard quit the game with "ALT+F4" and restart the game.

You should fix this please.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 1:05 AM, Wurmi said:

Hello,

I think there is a bug.

If i close the window with "Esc" button in the tracking station, the window is not coming back anymore. Can click the button in the iconbar as much as i want. Nothing will happen. And it also block all other inputs from the keyboard. The only thing that does help is to hard quit the game with "ALT+F4" and restart the game.

You should fix this please.

Hey, thanks for showing Esc keypress. It is a security failsafe action and I made changes to align with this.

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

I need a little help ...

Firstly!  I love this mod!  I really do...  works great, let me and my fellow Spacerace Agency competitors, keep out own lines of communications, etc.   I did notice a couple of weeks ago, that the game was "surging"... it was very very similar to when you launch KSP and the first menu kind of stops and then finishes coming forward.

Anyway, I saved the "Save" off and pulled the mod.. the surge went away.. I restored them both and the surge came back.

Can I get some advise one what I can do to perhaps reduce or eliminate this?

Edited by gamerscircle

14 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

HI!

I need a little help ...

Firstly!  I love this mod!  I really do...  works great, let me and my fellow Spacerace Agency competitors, keep out own lines of communications, etc.   I did notice a couple of weeks ago, that the game was "surging"... it was very very similar to when you launch KSP and the first menu kind of stops and then finishes coming forward.

Anyway, I saved the "Save" off and pulled the mod.. the surge went away.. I restored them both and the surge came back.

Can I get some advise one what I can do to perhaps reduce or eliminate this?

Yah, this is lousy mod performance of CNC on a large number of comm vessels (high garbage collection and full workload every tick frame). I am making a couple of performance optimizations.

Would you like to try out this develop build to see if its performance drastically improves on your side?

Edited by TaxiService

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Yah, this is lousy mod performance of CNC on a large number of comm vessels (high garbage collection and full workload every tick frame). I am making a couple of performance optimizations.

Would you like to try out this develop build to see if its performance drastically improves on your side?

Sure!   I would not mind testing/helping...  thank you for the reply.

2 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Here you go. Clicky

Do let me know if the performance gain is big, small or negligible. 

I see much improvement.. since I am not a programmer or know much about Unity... here is my layman report.

Before:  The surge would happen every other "tick"
Now:   The surge happens 1 every 1/2 orbit around Kerbin.

I hope that help explains..

here is a list of the mods I have installed:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8syByjFfi1jMa_GaPOmKumsGSLhKEGPJ588xCLwJp0/edit#gid=0

Hi, here is a log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Yes it is an odd name, I posted it for something else but the below is in it.

This:

Spoiler

Load(Texture): CommNetConstellation/Textures/cnclauncherbutton

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\CommNetConstellation\Textures\cnclauncherbutton.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

As I have written a few times in other posts, I seem to be asking lots of people to help me to clear the log file of rather trivial things. I hope you can help too.

Edited by Apaseall

20 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Hi, here is a log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Yes it is an odd name, I posted it for something else but the below is in it.

This:

Reveal hidden contents

Load(Texture): CommNetConstellation/Textures/cnclauncherbutton

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\KSP\KSP 1.4.5.2243 Live\GameData\CommNetConstellation\Textures\cnclauncherbutton.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

As I have written a few times in other posts, I seem to be asking lots of people to help me to clear the log file of rather trivial things. I hope you can help too.

Yah, this is KSP's stock suggestion on changing textures whose dimensions are not power of 2. I can't change the CNC's App Launcher texture as expected App Launcher texture is exactly 38x38 (not power of 2).

This is just one of few reasons on some textures not being power of 2, like header images.

1 hour ago, TaxiService said:

Yah, this is KSP's stock suggestion on changing textures whose dimensions are not power of 2. I can't change the CNC's App Launcher texture as expected App Launcher texture is exactly 38x38 (not power of 2).

This is just one of few reasons on some textures not being power of 2, like header images.

That is a wonderful reply, many thanks. I now understand why the message appears and why it cannot be made to go away. A model response. :)

Actually, the ToolbarController has a function which will load any texture without the error, and you don't need to use the rest of the code, it's a single method.  Obviously it was written for the ToolbarController.

I solve this problem by putting my textures in to a folder PluginData/Images, and then using the method in the Toolbarcontroller to load it

The advantage is that the texture is not messed up like it can be if the stock game loads it.

On 9/18/2018 at 2:40 AM, gamerscircle said:

I see much improvement.. since I am not a programmer or know much about Unity... here is my layman report.

Before:  The surge would happen every other "tick"
Now:   The surge happens 1 every 1/2 orbit around Kerbin.

I hope that help explains..

here is a list of the mods I have installed:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8syByjFfi1jMa_GaPOmKumsGSLhKEGPJ588xCLwJp0/edit#gid=0

Hi again,

Would you like to try a new develop build again? I made small tweaks to the optimizations and it should be bits better.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Mecripp said:

@TaxiService would you please change the fold setup of RemoteTech-Antennas  take that fold out of the RemoteTech folder other mods patches see it has RemoteTech installed and running RemoteTech patchs

Oh man, I thought CKAN's meta conflict would ensure either RemoteTech-Atnennas or RemoteTech on player's installation but not MM search. I am renaming to RemoteTechRedev folder and sending changes downstream.

Thanks for letting me know.

• 3 weeks later...

CommNet Constellation 1.3 is out for KSP 1.5.0! 

• Replaced all antenna parts with CKAN dependancy of RemoteTech Redev Antennas (same parts and names) due to copyright issues
  • Multiple network optimizations
  • Ability to hide or show constellation lines in MapView (this option can be found in Constellation list of Control Panel)
  • Fix the interface issue caused by pressing Escape on an open dialog

Linky 

Spoiler

What's new?

• Recompiled for KSP 1.5.0
  • Updated ModuleManager
  • Replaced all antenna parts with CKAN dependancy of RemoteTech Redev Antennas mod due to copyright issues
  • Streamlined CSPROJ build process
  • Multiple network optimizations
  • Ability to hide/show constellation lines on MapView (go to Constellation list of Control Panel)
  • Fix the interface issue caused by pressing Esc on an open dialog

Requirements

• ModuleManager
  • Kerbal Space Program 1.5

Known issues

• Issue #2 - White connections caused by combinations of other mods
  • Issue #8 - Deteriorated performance on a large number of mods

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Hi, I am occupied with RemoteTech Redev's theoretical comm designs. Is CNC not working in KSP 1.6.x?

So far it seems to be working well. I've just been updating my mods to 1.6 which is why I was asking. I've started a new career and so far so good. Glad to see you're still active with modding! Thanks for keeping this one alive.

CommNet Constellation 1.3.1 is out for KSP 1.6.1

• Recompiled for KSP 1.6.1

Linky 

Spoiler

What's new?

• Recompiled for KSP 1.6.1
  • Updated ModuleManager

Requirements

• ModuleManager
  • Kerbal Space Program 1.6

Known issues

• Issue #2 - White connections caused by combinations of other mods
  • Issue #8 - Deteriorated performance on a large number of mods

Update for 1.6.1 looking good. I do, however, want to confirm one behavior and mention another:

A) Do antennae need to be a relay type to make use of a relay system? Example: Mun probe has Communotron-16s, a direct connect antenna. Kerbin has 4 satellites in an 1855 KM equatorial orbit, each with 4 HS-5 (?) relay antennae. The probes still have enough range to direct connect to Kerbin, however, if I shut off the direct connect frequency on the planet with the intention of having all signals relay through the relays, they lose all connection. The relays do have the proper frequencies assigned., but the probes will not talk to them, so no signal gets relayed. Is this intended behavior? I can see a craft acting as a relay needing to have a relay type antenna, but a transmission source shouldn't need to be a relay type to transmit to a relay - it is still direct connecting to something, not sending it on from elsewhere.

B) In the Map View screen of the Flight scene, when I make changes to constellations or antennae setups, the scene slowly rotates in the background. Once the changes are complete, the scene snaps back to the original view and orientation.

Edited by Shadriss
Spelling

12 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Update for 1.6.1 looking good. I do, however, want to confirm one behavior and mention another:

A) Do antennae need to be a relay type to make use of a relay system? Example: Mun probe has Communotron-16s, a direct connect antenna. Kerbin has 4 satellites in an 1855 KM equatorial orbit, each with 4 HS-5 (?) relay antennae. The probes still have enough range to direct connect to Kerbin, however, if I shut off the direct connect frequency on the planet with the intention of having all signals relay through the relays, they lose all connection. The relays do have the proper frequencies assigned., but the probes will not talk to them, so no signal gets relayed. Is this intended behavior? I can see a craft acting as a relay needing to have a relay type antenna, but a transmission source shouldn't need to be a relay type to transmit to a relay - it is still direct connecting to something, not sending it on from elsewhere.

B) In the Map View screen of the Flight scene, when I make changes to constellations or antennae setups, the scene slowly rotates in the background. Once the changes are complete, the scene snaps back to the original view and orientation.

Hi, I did not make any change to CommNet's relay functionality so relaying is still stock behaviour. However, two source and destination antennas regardless of direct or relay type must be sharing same frequency in order to make connection. Otherwise, a connection won't be established between two antennas of different frequencies. You can assign multiple "direct" frequencies to a relay antenna.

I never heard this scene rotation report before. I tried to replicate this on my side but it rotates normally and never resets back upon completing changes. Got some before and after screenshots to show?

Edited by TaxiService

Before and after wouldn't matter - after snaps back to match the original orientations. It only occurs while editing constellations in the Map view of the flight scene. Possibly a mod interaction, but haven't gotten that far in the T/S yet... plus, honestly, it's not a huge deal since it fixes itself after the editing is done anyways.

Obviously, the frequencies match - as I mentioned, proper frequencies were assigned. But rather than make use of the four relay satellites in orbit via (in this case) Channel 3 to a ground station with that frequency assigned, it simply doesn't connect. Once I swap the probe frequency to Public (which the relay sats are not using), they connect direct to Kerbin itself, however. The only reason I can think of is that the origin antenna is a direct type, which if I understand correctly, will never use a relay? This seems... un-intuitive.

I get that it's stock behavior, but still somewhat nonsensical. I get a direct type not being able to be used AS a relay, but it makes little sense for it to be unable to USE a relay, if you see what I'm getting at. If that's the way it is, that's the way it is, but looking to future development for RT (if nothing else, though I don't use it) it may be a stock behavior that may warrant changing at some level.

Apart from this, well done on the mod, and thanks for it. If I can find some way to record the rotation, I'll come back to post a link to the video.

EDIT: Oddly enough, the rotation thing didn't happen when I brought up the game this time. I'll put it up to general oddity, and if it does happen again, I'll try to catch it for you.

Edited by Shadriss
Additional Info

From my understanding of this stock behaviour, direct antenna can only either connect to ground station or relay antenna but not direct to direct. Relay antenna can connect to direct, relay or ground station.

Speaking of which, I just realize HG-5 on your relay sats is Direct, meaning Comm 16 can't even connect to your "relay" sats.

Can you check this?

Never mind, it is Relay type. I need sleep now.

Edited by TaxiService