[1.12.x] Kerbal SlingShotter Reslung - Visualize ship and all planet/moon positions at a selected time

linuxgurugamer

If the window isn't being shown, there shouldn't  be any impact on the performance.

If the window is being shown then by necessity there will be an impact. What are your system specifications, because I don't see any impact at all even with lots of things in orbit.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2.6Ghz i7, 16GB Ram.  (MacBook Pro w/Touchbar.)

I'm running about ~160 mods, so is probable that there's some interaction.  Often I wouldn't bring something like this up because of that - but since the last update was focused on it, I thought I might.

It does only affect the Tracking Station, which I don't tend to use that often.  (I tend to quick-jump via KAC alarms or BonVoyage.)

On 8/2/2017 at 5:50 PM, DStaal said:

2.6Ghz i7, 16GB Ram.  (MacBook Pro w/Touchbar.)

I'm running about ~160 mods, so is probable that there's some interaction.  Often I wouldn't bring something like this up because of that - but since the last update was focused on it, I thought I might.

It does only affect the Tracking Station, which I don't tend to use that often.  (I tend to quick-jump via KAC alarms or BonVoyage.)

And the tracking station shows everything, which is why you are seeing an issue.

Not much can be done, it's inherent in what the mod does

• 3 weeks later...

[EXC 20:58:08.262] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KerbalSlingshotter.SlingshotCore.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

System:

Linux Jupiter 4.10.0-33-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 11 10:55:28 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Recreate:

New persistance.

Enter TrackingStation

Click Slingshotter

Exceptions with be thrown until exiting.

24 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

[EXC 20:58:08.262] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

System:

Linux Jupiter 4.10.0-33-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 11 10:55:28 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Recreate:

New persistance.

Enter TrackingStation

Click Slingshotter

Post a link to the full log

8 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

System:

Recreate:

New persistance.

Enter TrackingStation

Click Slingshotter

Need a full log file.

What do you mean by "New persistance"???

Here is a link to the log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7arxv3DfQDlcW44LU9GSmZhcGc/view?usp=sharing

New Persistance file, the thing the game saves to.  Literally, a brand new game with only slingshot installed will recreate.

Edit:  (Not trying to come off snotty.)

Edited by TranceaddicT
no coffee

3 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Here is a link to the log file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7arxv3DfQDlcW44LU9GSmZhcGc/view?usp=sharing

New Persistance file, the thing the game saves to.  Literally, a brand new game with only slingshot installed will recreate.

Edit:  (Not trying to come off snotty.)

Then say it's a new game, or say "new persistance FILE"

I'll take a look at the log file

Oh, do you have any vessels at all?

3 minutes ago, TranceaddicT said:

Yeah, I deserved that.

I think we crossed posts.

Do you have ANY vessels at all in this file?  If not, then it's a non-issue, although I will fix it.  The mod requires a SELECTED vessel, otherwise it's nonsensical

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I think we crossed posts.

Do you have ANY vessels at all in this file?  If not, then it's a non-issue, although I will fix it.  The mod requires a SELECTED vessel, otherwise it's nonsensical

I've been able to replicate it, and it is related to no vessel being selected.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have trouble setting end time, it does not seem to work and I get high numbers in seconds and minutes, could you elaborate a bit more on how this thing works?

Thanks

PS: after some shenigans...you always need a node, you can not set end time by manually input those fields, is this correct? Also I still dont get why other ghost ships spawn as I slide through time, here is a video: 

Edited by brusura

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm interested in using this, but when it's installed, I get nullref spam in the flight scene — even in a new save with no other mods installed (besides ToolbarController and ClickThroughBlocker).  Happens on both my Linux PC and my MacBook.  (I don't play KSP in Windows so I haven't tested there.)

Here's a log from where I started a new game (career, moderate difficulty), went to the VAB and put a command pod on the launchpad for a few seconds, then reverted to VAB and quit the game.  There are lots of NREs in KerbalSlingshotter.SlingshotCore.FixedUpdate(), but I don't see anything else that seems to indicate why.

I'm running KSP 1.4.2, so it could be a compatibility issue between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.

Aha: it looks like the nullref spam is caused by not having access to maneuver nodes in career mode.

• Start a new career game and put something on the launchpad, and you get exceptions.
  • Cheat yourself some money and upgrade mission control and the tracking station to unlock "flight planning", then go back to the launchpad and no more exceptions.

Looking at the source code, I'm guessing the problem may be on SlingshotCore.cs lines 89 and 123, which check the value of vessel.patchedConicSolver.maneuverNodes.Count — I suspect the whole maneuverNodes object may be absent if the player doesn't have flight planning unlocked.

(Fortunately, this makes for an easy workaround: just don't install Slingshotter until after you unlock flight planning.  It's useless before that point anyway.)

Edited by Wyzard

6 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

Aha: it looks like the nullref spam is caused by not having access to maneuver nodes in career mode.

• Start a new career game and put something on the launchpad, and you get exceptions.
  • Cheat yourself some money and upgrade mission control and the tracking station to unlock "flight planning", then go back to the launchpad and no more exceptions.

Looking at the source code, I'm guessing the problem may be on SlingshotCore.cs lines 89 and 123, which check the value of vessel.patchedConicSolver.maneuverNodes.Count — I suspect the whole maneuverNodes object may be absent if the player doesn't have flight planning unlocked.

(Fortunately, this makes for an easy workaround: just don't install Slingshotter until after you unlock flight planning.  It's useless before that point anyway.)

Thank you for the analysis, I’ll try to get an update out in a day or so. 

I’m not aware of this issue in 1.3.1, may be a new “feature”

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thank you for fixing the bug with patchedConicsSolver being null.  Unfortunately, however, SlingshotCore.FixedUpdate now causes nullref spam in the tracking station, regardless of whether patched conics are unlocked.  I think the vessel variable is initially null in the tracking station (until the player selects a vessel), so the new "vessel.patchedConicSolver == null" check at the beginning of FixedUpdate throws an NRE.  (Other uses of the vessel variable, later in the method, are protected by "vessel != null" checks.)

5 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Thank you for fixing the bug with patchedConicsSolver being null.  Unfortunately, however, SlingshotCore.FixedUpdate now causes nullref spam in the tracking station, regardless of whether patched conics are unlocked.  I think the vessel variable is initially null in the tracking station (until the player selects a vessel), so the new "vessel.patchedConicSolver == null" check at the beginning of FixedUpdate throws an NRE.  (Other uses of the vessel variable, later in the method, are protected by "vessel != null" checks.)

Lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.