Mod for Liquid Fuel Only Tanks

Nicias

I'm looking for a mod that just adds 2.5m LF tanks (for NERV powered craft) I don't need anything fancy, just oil-drum (full, half, and quarter size) and maybe a big orange. I also want to be able to add this to my current install save without breaking anything.

Any suggestions? 

44 minutes ago, Nicias said:

Any suggestions? 

I suggest you find a "fuel switcher" mod that will allow you to right-click any tank in the game and change its contents from LF+O to LF to Xenon to Monoprop etc.  Its probably something as simple as a a little Module Manager magic to make it happen.

Something like this, for instance:

Thats for 1.0.5, but maybe it can be modernized easily.

There is also this one from PorkJet, but I get some weird and scary warnings when I go to the download link.   Unfortunately the last post in that thread points to the above mod, which only supports 1.0.5

Maybe this one? It seems like its for 1.2.2, but I can't seem to tell if the Interstellar mod is required or not.

You get the idea.

Sorry, I tried.

Edited by klesh
added link(s)

I wish I was good with graphics. I'll try out IFS, but then the tanks will look the same. I think a mod with just 5 parts (the 2.5m fuel tanks I mentioned plus the 2.5-1 adapter) with basically the same graphics with a stripe down them or somesuch and LF only would be great.

I can see how it would be nice to be able to glance at a craft and tell if it was set up right but with IFS there isn't as much reason to be able to tell the tanks apart as it allows you to change the contents in the editor and, if empty, in flight. As a plus it helps keep the number of parts down in the editor.

18 hours ago, wasml said:

I can see how it would be nice to be able to glance at a craft and tell if it was set up right but with IFS there isn't as much reason to be able to tell the tanks apart as it allows you to change the contents in the editor and, if empty, in flight. As a plus it helps keep the number of parts down in the editor.

I can't figure out how to change the type of tank in flight. How do I do that?

The tank has to be empty for the option to show up in the right click menu - been awhile but I think it was something like a "Next Tank" and "Previous Tank" button. Re-reading the IFS post it looks like there's a minimum tech level to switch tanks in flight and a separately settable tech level for in editor switching (controlled in the tanks cfg file if it's set at all) if your playing a career game.

If you will feel like a engeniering god try this one

For change in space make the container/fuel drum empty and redfine in the class. Like LiquidFuels clas change free to LF LFO O or whatever.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.