How to fix a corrupt save on the PS4

So I only saw this mentioned once in the stickied console update thread. So I thought I'd make this account and thread for anyone who might not know. Mods please move this to the correct place if needed.

I've been backing up my ksp save data on my ps4 to a usb stick ever so often. Today my career save was ate by the krakin, but was recovered with my usb backup save.

My steps were to delete corrupt saves once prompted in game, started a new career,  then shut game down and overwrote my ksp save with the backup up from usb stick. 

I hope this helps someone who might not have known this.

The second time my data was lost and I replaced with my backup and then during game I would get the data corrupted message every time it would try to quicksave. I could say no once asked to delete and continue game play, but very annoying. To fix this you must delete all of your in-game saves only leaving your persistent. This can only be done at the menu while at your complex. Then go back to the main menu and reload your career. 

And note this has only been tested while having one career mode save and no sandbox or science. 

Edited by Kerbal-Willie
Update

I've never even thought about backing up the PS4 onto usb, do I have to download a file to do this or can I just cram a stick in there and go?

It's a great idea, I'll check this out.

Since I'm asking "easy" questions, I'm on my computer for this forum, how are you uploading PS4 pictures here?

You can copy the save files to USB through the Setting menu, Application Saved Data Mgmt, Saved Data in System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.  I just used an old USB drive I had laying around, and now it stays in the PS4.  I also take the backup a step further and alternate backups between online storage and USB.  This was after I once found out that the save file I backed up was also corrupted.

Kerbal-Willie, thanks for the info regarding in-game notices and the removal of save files.  I have seen that once too, I think.  I don't remember the outcome, probably had to restore from backup.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.