Thank you. Yes, you.

sevenperforce

I've moved around a lot in the last couple of years; my family situation has not been great and finding local friends/community has been a crapshoot. I've ended up feeling pretty isolated and it's been consistently tough. I moved to a new city most recently a couple of months ago and I have very little connection here.

This forum has been really, really good for me, both as a distraction and as a source of community. I spend most of my forum time on Science & Spaceflight, but all the forums have really great people and I enjoy my time here. So...thanks to all of you.

I did a lot of moving as a teenager. The internet would have been a big help back then, assuming I could have found a community as good as this one, or the old and now defunct SDC forums. Of course, having the 'net to keep in touch with old friends back then would have been invaluable. Glad to be able to help.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.