[1.3.*][0.2.5.2] Ludicrous Propulsion Systems "Banteng" (Updated 5/30/17)

Benjamin Kerman

Not ready to be reviewed on YouTube, still under heavy development

Benjamin Kerman's Welding Supply Co.

BKWeldingSupply.png

Is proud to present

Ludicrous Propulsion Systems v.0.2.5.2

"Adding new throttleable hybrid engines and taller fuel tanks in all stock sizes since 4/11/17"

DOWNLOAD REMOVED

(This alpha release includes just the hybrid engines and an interstage plate)

Description: 

Have you ever felt tired of having to stack two Rockomax Jumbo-64's on top of each other? Have you ever felt like you could use a set of longer 0.625m Liquid Fuel Tanks? Have you ever wanted THROTTLEABLE SOLID FUEL BOOSTERS??? Well, you are in luck! Ludicrous Propulsion Systems adds all of these things to your game, as well as radial-size adapting LFO engines! Hybrid SRBs, longer and even longer fuel tanks, and more, LPS is the only solution to high part count. 

Pics!!!

3QT5AHU.png

Spoiler

2VEEgFc.jpg

Searching Ability

xH5jG8c.jpg

Hybrid engines run of Solid Fuel and Oxidizer

jOCPuvO.png

Behaves like a liquid fuel, but has an insane thrust with low weight, like a SRB

This mod is licensed under a MIT license. 

I have spent many hours working on the code, so I would appreciate it if you don't pass it off as your own work without at least mentioning me. 

Copyright (c) 2017, @Benjamin Kerman

Spoiler

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Source Code:

The code is functional, but uses stock textures. We are still working on the final models and textures. 

I would be grateful for anyone to go through the code I have so far and make a bug report if you find anything wrong about it.

Planned Features:

Spoiler

(Or: Parts where I have written the configs but don't have models for yet :P )

• 3 new 0.625m fuel tanks
  • 2 new 1.25m fuel tanks
  • 2 new 2.5m fuel tanks
  • 1 new 3.75m fuel tanks
  • 2 "Adapting" engines going from one radial size to another, highly efficient vacuum engines
  • "Bullet": 2.5m Aerospike

Changelog:

Spoiler
  • v.0.2.5.2
    • Fixed a thrust anomaly on the "Mite" engine
    • Fixed versioning
  • v.0.2.5.1
    • Added latest version of Module Manager to release folder, cause I derped up. 
  • v.0.2.5
    • Tested in 1.3, confirmed to work. 1.2.2 stable.
    • Updated versioning
  • v.0.2.4.3
    • Fixed versioning (noticing a trend? :P)
  • v.0.2.4.2
    • Fixed versioning
  • v.0.2.4.1
    • Fixed versioning
  • v.0.2.4
    • Renamed the Screwdriver hybrid engine, as there were problems with it not showing up in game.
    • Fixed broken pointer on the interstage plate. 
    • Balanced gimbal for all hybrid engines
  • v.0.2.3
    • Re-added interstage plate.
    • Fixed Versioning file.
  • v.0.2.2:
    • Removed all stock models from download, removed interstage plate.
  • v.0.2.1:
    • Fixed the interstage plate after failed testing
  • v.0.2.0:
    • Added an interstage plate that will prevent fuel flow between fuel tanks and any hybrid engines.
  • v.0.1.0:
    • Initial release including 4 hybrid engines.

Known Problems:

Spoiler
  • None that I know of!

Compatibility:

Ludicrous Propulsion Systems is currently compatible with:

Engine IgniterDownload Engine Igniter EngineIgniter.png license-MIT-blue.png Not compatible with KSP 1.3

RealPlume support coming soonTM

Contributions:

@hedgey579: Doing all the modeling and being my "partner in crime".

@linuxgurugamer: Thanks for answering all my questions about .dll files.

@Streetwind: Thanks for answering my questions about the differences between all the kinds of mods. 

@Nertea: Thank you for getting me into modding, as your mods were the first I downloaded.

@Supercheese: Help with balancing part prices.

Want to help? 

Feel free to make a pull request on my GitHub page for any of your mods.

This mod includes ModuleManager (MM) and miniAVC, all credit for those goes to the authors @sarbian and @cybutek respectivly.

Edited by Benjamin Kerman
Nice job, TTI

I read this post, I clicked on the link, and I still don't know what's included in this mod, what they look like, why I'd want them, etc etc...  Some pics, some more details seems reasonable

Yea I'm pretty sure you can't redistribute and Squad assets, and I am positive you can not claim copyright. You could have just as easily have made this mod by simply added the propellant type, the resource and the gimbal module with a ModuleMananger file and released that one file as a mod instead. It would have accomplished exactly the same goal.

@liquidhype: Yes, what this alpha version accomplishes could have been done with a MM patch. However, there are around 10 more parts that will be coming soon once I have the models made for them, including these hybrid engines. This release is mainly for bug reports to start filtering in telling me what I need to fix. 

I will add a planned futures section to the OP

LPS v.0.2.0 is released!

Changelog

Spoiler

0.2.0:

• Added an interstage plate to prevent oxidizer from flowing into the hybrid engines. Placing the plate between the hybrid booster and any fuel tanks will prevent any unintended oxidizer flow.

Hi.

Right now the mod is redistributing at least two stock textures and models. You can reference the game's stock assets in your part.cfg file using the MODEL node, but you can't redistribute the assets themselves.

Once you remove any stock assets from the repro and releases zip, and modify your cfg files accordingly, the download link can return.

@Benjamin Kerman Please, please change your avatar. It's the sams on as @technicalfool uses and it actually is really confusing when I see that pic in the add on dev section. And if I remember correctly there's even a rule about using avatars from staff but well. Wanted to tell you earlier already but now it'sperfect since you posted just after eachother lol

Ok, sorry! I merged the pull request, so I shouldn't be breaking any copyright laws anymore. Thanks for the heads up! 

Edit: @technicalfool should I remove the stock models from the rest of the cfgs also? 

Edit 2: I will remove them for now, and make a new release without them. 

Edit 3: Could you make another PR as I won't have access to a computer for 4 days (typing on mobile right now, also don't know exactly what you did :blush:)

Edit 4: Could you check over the PR that I did and make one for the Giant SRB? Hoping I did it right, but I would like to get a second opinion.

Edited by Benjamin Kerman

10 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Released v.0.2.2

Changelog

Hide contents
  • v.0.2.2:
    • Removed stock models and interstage plate

@technicalfool can I add the download link back?

You need to remove the old <0.22 archives in the releases section that still contain stock assets, but other than that it's all good.

• 2 weeks later...