Hotkey for Struts

Hey guys, so I was pretty happy to find out struts are being worked on right now and I thought, how about adding a hotkey just dedicated to struts? They are pretty small to Alt-click to copy them and it would be quite handy to have this essential part directly on hand, instead of having to click through the editor list.

@LukasKermanEuhm, do know that since version 1.2 of ksp we got something like "autostruts"

You have to activate the "advanced tweakables" in the ksp game settings which allows this feature in the SPH and VAB by right clicking on a part. With autostruts you should avoid the need for the "part" strut completely.
Only on some designs would you now need additional part struts, like if a autostrut itself isn't strong enough. This almost never happens unless your building something giant.
Because this idea is both a very insignificant thing and unnecessary in the presence of the autostrut function I don't think this will reach the list of updates.
But since it's a rather minor request I dont rule this idea out completely.

Edited by Razorforce7

Altostratus should be contextual. If you put certain parts together the way they are supposed to go together, they should be auto-strutted based on this context. Ie: hooking fuel tanks together the way they are supposed to, or tanks/SRBS held on with radial couplers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.