[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: ARES I-X HOYO Launch Vehicle

silentvelcro

nGAfnrW.jpg

Ver 1.3

Launch vehicle for the HOYO CSM. Includes first stage solid rocket booster with 2 textures, J2X second stage engine, liquid fuel tank and decouplers/adapters.
This mod is intended for the latest HOYO CSM (ver1.5) link at the end of the post.

Supports RealPlume and Engine Lighting. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TexturesUnlimited (For Reflections) and FireSpitter (For SRB texture switching).

INSTALLATION
Unzip and merge with your GameData folder.
The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

https://spacedock.info/mod/1314/ARES I-X. LonesomeRobots Aerospace

Licensing.
This mod is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

Redistributed with this mod.
Firespitter created by snjo. Redistributed as per license.
TexturesUnlimited created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ModuleManager created by Sarbian. Redistributed as per license.

If you haven't tried the HOYO CSM yet check the following link

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154088-122113-lonesomerobots-aerospace-hoyo-csm

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ver 1.2

Launch vehicle for the HOYO CSM. Includes first stage solid rocket booster with 2 textures, J2X second stage engine, liquid fuel tank and decouplers/adapters.
This mod is intended for the latest HOYO CSM (ver1.3) link at the end of the post.

Supports RealPlume and Engine Lighting. These mods are not bundled with the release but are highly recommended.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TextureReplacer (For Reflections) and FireSpitter (For SRB texture switching).

INSTALLATION
The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

Licensing.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

TextureReplacer created by ducakar. Redistributed as per license.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154088-122113-lonesomerobots-aerospace-hoyo-csm

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ver 1.1

This mod is intended for the latest HOYO CSM (ver1.3) link at the end of the post.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TextureReplacer (For Reflections) and FireSpitter (For SRB texture switching).

INSTALLATION

DOWNLOAD

Licensing.

TextureReplacer created by ducakar. Redistributed as per license.

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from the latest KSP 1.3.0.

Edited by silentvelcro
Mod Update

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, as above, can you please share the craft files ?

Also i seem to be missing parts in career, am investigating

I have your Launcher Pack, CSM and Lander but seem to have problems assembling, just wanted a baseline

Edited by Jasseji

3 hours ago, silentvelcro said:

@dresoccer4, @Jasseji dully noted. I will prepare craft files for all the rockets/ships and provide a seperate download.

Thank you for noting, the Lander Ladders dont appear in Career (at least with stock Tech Tree) - changing category = landing to category = Ground does the trick tho, might be different with custom categories, but on stock with no filter extensions and stock tech tree that's needed to make them appear

@silentvelcro I have been playing with this for two days and I cant get MJ to get it to orbit is there a specific flight profile it needs to fly 

Observations i have made  .

1.) The separation motors of the main SRB doesn't seem to have enough power to push it away from the second stage engine (I added some KW separation motors which worked great)

2.) The vectoring engines fire upon separation (or are these supposed to fire on main engine startup) and continue to burn pushing the the first stage past the second stage and colliding sometimes

3.) The second stage engine ignites and but doesn't seem to have enough thrust to continue the journey and noses over and game over 

Tried with the vectoring engine firing at main SRB startup I get to a higher altitude but the J2 doesnt have enough thrust to complete the task

Is anyone else experiencing these issues

Edited by Virtualgenius

8 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

@silentvelcro I have been playing with this for two days and I cant get MJ to get it to orbit is there a specific flight profile it needs to fly 

Observations i have made  .

1.) The separation motors of the main SRB doesn't seem to have enough power to push it away from the second stage engine (I added some KW separation motors which worked great)

2.) The vectoring engines fire upon separation (or are these supposed to fire on main engine startup) and continue to burn pushing the the first stage past the second stage and colliding sometimes

3.) The second stage engine ignites and but doesn't seem to have enough thrust to continue the journey and noses over and game over 

Tried with the vectoring engine firing at main SRB startup I get to a higher altitude but the J2 doesnt have enough thrust to complete the task

Is anyone else experiencing these issues

Tried it just now and was able to orbit without issues with some fuel left in 2nd Stage

MJ Ascent to 150km
Force roll 0/0
Ascent Path Default Altitude 3.5km turn start, velocity 98m/s, Final angle 0, Turn shape 96%

Vectoring engines firing at main SRB startup, left final 957 Liquid Fuel in 2nd Stage @150km Circular Orbit

Hi @Virtualgenius i have never used MJ so i cannot help you with that. But i can assure you can reach a circular orbit of 180km with fuel to spare.
I fire the vectoring engines when i fire the launch clamps, but you can fire them the same time with the main SRB. I hace calculated the vectoring engines fuel and consumption so they will run out of fuel just before the main SRB.
Never had a problem with the decoupler's separation engines.  I am sure you do not have to add extra separation motors.
Flying it manually you should start gently pitching from 90degrees at 1km to about 64degrees around 29km. Then the main SRB flames out and the J2X takes over. You should continue to pitch down until you are almost vertical at about 108km.
At that point your apoapsis should be at around 180km. That leaves one circularization burn which will leave you with fuel to spare. (With my kOS script i have slightly more fuel than what @Jasseji mentions).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies I think I must have borked install again I will strip it of mods fresh install and try again had a few things stop working properly today so hopefully it clears the problem up I am glad its just my install or crappy flying 

13 minutes ago, silentvelcro said:

Hi @Virtualgenius i have never used MJ so i cannot help you with that. But i can assure you can reach a circular orbit of 180km with fuel to spare.
I fire the vectoring engines when i fire the launch clamps, but you can fire them the same time with the main SRB. I hace calculated the vectoring engines fuel and consumption so they will run out of fuel just before the main SRB.
Never had a problem with the decoupler's separation engines.  I am sure you do not have to add extra separation motors.
Flying it manually you should start gently pitching from 90degrees at 1km to about 64degrees around 29km. Then the main SRB flames out and the J2X takes over. You should continue to pitch down until you are almost vertical at about 108km.
At that point your apoapsis should be at around 180km. That leaves one circularization burn which will leave you with fuel to spare. (With my kOS script i have slightly more fuel than what @Jasseji mentions).

Hope this helps.

any chance for that kOS script ? :D i suck at kOS programming :P

@Jasseji I will send you the kOS script. Unfortunately kOS hasn't been updated for KSP 1.3.0.
Regarding the missing ladder of the HOYO Lander you mentioned earlier. Did you download the latest version of the Lander (Version 1.0.1) from spacedock? I fixed the ladder and it appears on the "Landing" tech node in the tech tree and in the "Utility" category in the VAB. Can you download it and confirm?

Edited by silentvelcro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.