Alcentar ind. Vostok v1.1 Sputnik 1/2/3

Alcentar

This is a long-term project on the theme of stock versions of a real space rocket and ships.

At the moment there are components to the space rocket Vostok.

Screenshots:

The rocket and Vostok spacecraft in full assembly.

R72.gif

screenshot87.png

SpaceCraft Vostok

image.png

The sun blinds you through the VZOR. :D

VZOR.png

First satellites and super laika. :P

10542048.jpg

I warn that with many aspects of modding I encountered for the first time, if there are errors write.

P.S. This add-on is not an exact copy of a real rocket and a ship, and as in stock size.

V1.1

1. I connected the bottom of the TDU with the engine, also added a fairing to them.
2. Added details for the ship "Voskhod"
3. Added a fairing "Voskhod" style
4. Added three first satellites which serve as the analogue of the first satellites of the Soviet Union.
5. Connect to the technology tree

LINK: https://spacedock.info/mod/1316/Alcentar ind.

Edited by Alcentar

12 hours ago, BolleT said:

the only thing missing is realplume :D

I'll try to connect it to the real plume and to the development branch a little later.

9 hours ago, BolleT said:

One more thing, i think you should keep the same size as decq has his r7 and soyuz :kiss:

I have a Soyuz in development, DECQ add-on is too real, I do not yet have such a magical skill in modding. :)

9 hours ago, Probus said:

Very nice! Congratulations!

THX!

6 hours ago, stickman939 said:

Your spacedock mod doesn't link to the forum thread.

Also very cool. I may have to try this out later

Yes, I noticed, thanks for the information about the error.

4 hours ago, Teilnehmer said:

Should one expect the service module separation failure after the reentry burn? ;-)

Haha, in my opinion he already has a problem with the separation right now, just check and you'll see. :D

Does the Sputnik 2 capsule include the ability to deorbit (and room for a parachute)?

(Ahistorical, but I'd not send a dog anywhere with no ability to recover him/her alive).

Edited by tater

14 hours ago, tater said:

Does the Sputnik 2 capsule include the ability to deorbit (and room for a parachute)?

(Ahistorical, but I'd not send a dog anywhere with no ability to recover him/her alive).

You can do this with a stock parachute and stock separator. :)

(Side note:  It used to trouble me that the Soviets appeared to be so callous towards dogs... but I've learned more and know that it's not true.  On one launch failure, the dogs survived and apparently one of them was adopted by one of the Soviet engineers as a family pet and she lived 14 more years.  In another case, one of the Korabl-Sputnik tests, recovery crews arrived to find that local villagers were crowded around the 'cosmonaut' mannequin, who had ejected as Gagarin would later do, apparently trying to 'revive' the cosmonaut, while the dog was safe and sound in the capsule...  Korolev seems to have been very fond of Lisichka, who unfortunately perished in an accident; and of course there are still descendants of Strelka in America, because one of her puppies was given to President Kennedy, and she had puppies, etc...)

New update v1.1!

1. I connected the bottom of the TDU with the engine, also added a fairing to them.
2. Added details for the ship "Voskhod"
3. Added a fairing "Voskhod" style
4. Added three first satellites which serve as the analogue of the first satellites of the Soviet Union.
5. Connect to the technology tree

On 4/16/2017 at 11:37 AM, MaxwellsDemon said:

(Side note:  It used to trouble me that the Soviets appeared to be so callous towards dogs... but I've learned more and know that it's not true.  On one launch failure, the dogs survived and apparently one of them was adopted by one of the Soviet engineers as a family pet and she lived 14 more years.  In another case, one of the Korabl-Sputnik tests, recovery crews arrived to find that local villagers were crowded around the 'cosmonaut' mannequin, who had ejected as Gagarin would later do, apparently trying to 'revive' the cosmonaut, while the dog was safe and sound in the capsule...  Korolev seems to have been very fond of Lisichka, who unfortunately perished in an accident; and of course there are still descendants of Strelka in America, because one of her puppies was given to President Kennedy, and she had puppies, etc...)

And they were literally saving human lives (and as though it's somehow more righteous to kill them instead, smaller mammals like rats would've provided much less useful data on the conditions to be faced by the first cosmonauts). 

As a dog owner myself, I can completely sympathize with the staff at Baikonur, whom frankly seemed a lot more sympathetic to the plight of stray dogs than the average person in 1957. 

3 hours ago, Alcentar said:

This is very interesting, did you manage to return Laika to the ground?

Not yet. I'm letting her get her space legs. :)

Edited to add: The spacecraft can survive reentry just fine. But it's too fragile for a touchdown of even 5 m/s. Therefore, the first test was not entirely successful.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.