[1.11.2] Simple Adjustable Fairings

blowfish

Simple Adjustable Fairings Plugin v1.8.0 for KSP 1.8.1 please find a bug so I can bump the patch version

• Add enabled attribute to model data (default true)
    • Used for part switching to disable a particular piece of the fairing (since eliminating the node wouldn't do anything)
  • Send OnPartModelChanged event so other modules can respond to changes in the model
  • Listen for ModuleDataChanged to rebuild fairing
    • Use requestNotifyFARToRevoxelize and requestRecalculateDragCubes attributes of event details if present rather than recalculating aero properties ourself, that ensures it's only done once per cycle
  • Use better method of recalculating drag cubes
  • Send/listen for DragCubesWereRecalculated and FarWasNotifiedToRevoxelize to make sure actions are only done once per cycle
Edited by blowfish

Simple Adjustable Fairings Plugin v1.10.0 for KSP 1.9.1

• Don't modify drag cubes/FAR/colliders if deployed (fixes an exception when loading a craft with a deployed fairing)
  • Group all of the fairing's fields and events in the part action window:
    • Adds two new fields to ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing:
      • uiGroupName - unique identifier for the group, defaults to fairing
      • uiGroupDisplayName - name of the group to display in the UI, defaults to Fairing

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Any particular reason why the plugin shows 1.10.1 KSP compatibility on CKAN, but the "Simple Adjustable Fairings - KW Rocketry Pack" shows 1.8.9 KSP?

Because my update process involves waiting several hours between the two which makes it likely I'll forget.

5 hours ago, blowfish said:

But to clarify, no real changes are needed on the parts side.

I figured as much, since they tested OK so far in Sandbox mode.  But it would be nice to not have to fool CKAN to get things to install.  Once I get past 70 or so mods, CKAN almost becomes mandatory to upkeep and deconflict mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, love the mod, been using it for pretty much all my fairings. I noticed a bug (?) however. The fairings don't obey the 'Decoupler: Disable staging ' button from the right click menu when building (the action stays in the staging sequence).

Edited by kari1393

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got an odd incompatibility that's cropping up with Real Fuels. When I have both mods installed, I get the following message in my log and then the fairings don't work to protect parts within them at all:

[LOG 00:12:05.339] RealFuels.Tanks.TankWindow:HideGUI()
RealFuels.Tanks.ModuleFuelTanks:OnDestroy()
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object, Boolean)
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
DragCubeSystem:SetupPartForRender(Part, GameObject)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>d__31:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>d__47:MoveNext()
SimpleAdjustableFairings.ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing:RecalculateDragCubes()
SimpleAdjustableFairings.ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing:OnStartFinished(StartState)
Part:ModulesOnStartFinished()
<Start>d__322:MoveNext()

Without Real Fuels installed, the fairings work correctly and I don't get these messages. Is this an issue on the Real Fuels side or on the Simple Adjustable Fairings side? The two seem like they shouldn't affect each other at all, but that's just from a layman's perspective...

EDIT: To be clear, all other fairing types work (vanilla + procedural), so its definitely something between these two mods

Edited by SpacedInvader

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 11:22 PM, SpacedInvader said:

I've got an odd incompatibility that's cropping up with Real Fuels. When I have both mods installed, I get the following message in my log and then the fairings don't work to protect parts within them at all:

Spoiler

[LOG 00:12:05.339] RealFuels.Tanks.TankWindow:HideGUI()
RealFuels.Tanks.ModuleFuelTanks:OnDestroy()
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object, Boolean)
UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
DragCubeSystem:SetupPartForRender(Part, GameObject)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>d__31:MoveNext()
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>d__47:MoveNext()
SimpleAdjustableFairings.ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing:RecalculateDragCubes()
SimpleAdjustableFairings.ModuleSimpleAdjustableFairing:OnStartFinished(StartState)
Part:ModulesOnStartFinished()
<Start>d__322:MoveNext()

Without Real Fuels installed, the fairings work correctly and I don't get these messages. Is this an issue on the Real Fuels side or on the Simple Adjustable Fairings side? The two seem like they shouldn't affect each other at all, but that's just from a layman's perspective...

EDIT: To be clear, all other fairing types work (vanilla + procedural), so its definitely something between these two mods

Weird, is there some part with both RF tanks and SAF on it?

7 hours ago, Ollz said:

Does SAF support FAR?

Answer is in the OP

• 3 weeks later...

@blowfish Thanks for your great mods!

Looks like I finally managed to add TweakScale support for fairings.
Here are pull requests for plugin and farings themselves:

https://github.com/blowfishpro/SimpleAdjustableFairings/pull/15
https://github.com/blowfishpro/SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry/pull/6

Have been tested in KSP 1.8.1 and 1.10.1, no issues found so far, except one:
there are some fairings using simultaneously SimpleAdjustableFairings and B9PartSwitch modules (B9PS is used for switching fairing variants). Notable examples are SAF fairings from Bluedog_DB. It appears, tweakscale support is not working properly for them.

As far as you are author of both SimpleAdjustableFairings and B9PartSwitch, may be you could figure out how to handle this issue?

P.S. My regards, and thanks again for B9PartSwitch - this mod is literally a base for my simplified-real-fuels bunch of MM-configs I use in my career game for a long time.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:45 PM, blowfish said:

Weird, is there some part with both RF tanks and SAF on it?

Answer is in the OP

No parts had both modules, but oddly enough, somewhere in the intervening time between the posts, the issue worked itself out. Don't know when as I was using PF instead, but when I went back to try to replicate the issue, I couldn't get it to happen anymore, so it might have been a 3-way compatibility issue that was worked out when the third mod updated sometime in there. My best guess was modular flight integrator as that had a couple of updates, but I can't be sure if that would even affect either of the other two mods. Whatever the case, this seems to be a "nevermind" situation. Thanks for the reply though,

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 4:18 PM, kari1393 said:

Hey, love the mod, been using it for pretty much all my fairings. I noticed a bug (?) however. The fairings don't obey the 'Decoupler: Disable staging ' button from the right click menu when building (the action stays in the staging sequence).

I second this. Not sure why nothing changes when that button is pressed.

1 hour ago, Jognt said:

Not sure why nothing changes when that button is pressed.

I've always attributed this to the fact that a fairing is special, in that it has two decoupler-type modules, one for the fairing, one for the payload. I believe what you're disabling with the PAW is the payload separation decouple event, but the fairing decouple cannot be disabled, so the icon remains in the stage list. This was something I asked about once for a BDB part that did the same thing, though I cannot be sure the same reason applies here - this has just been my shrug guess.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
what is grammar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 7:31 PM, VostokV5 said:

There are vertical lines z-fighting on my fairings. Any way to fix this?

i have the same issue, this mod is a Dependency to download bluedog design bureau so i can't just remove it.  it seems to clip halfway into everything and then z-fighting like VostokV5 mentioned

^can be ignored it's a base game issue or other mod 

Edited by Kerdel
new findings

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.