Another mod like background processing?

Ketatrypt

I am playing a modded RSS/RP-0 playthru, and I am looking for something that makes batteries drain when the vessel isn't loaded.

I was using background processing for it up until a couple days ago, but I dropped it because I ran into a known problem when crossing into a solar SOI. (it basically crashes the game, check the backgroundProcessing thread if you think you might know a fix)

I have heard kerbalism also simulates batteries, but as far as I can see, its not compatible with RSS/RP-0, nor does it seem compatible with TAC life support.

So, I am just looking for a mod that simulates battery drain (and possible recharge) without anything else tacked on. Anything out there taht fits this bill?

Thanks!

12 hours ago, wasml said:

The one battery mod I've heard of

I don't know if it drains/charges on unloaded vessels - suspect it doesn't

Thanks.

Yea, I was looking at that, as the idea seemed interesting, but I don't think its compatible with 1.1.3? or maybe its conflicts with rp0.. anyhow, I briefly tried it, but couldn't get it working.

also, I think your right, I don't see it mentioning any sort of effects on unloaded vehicles.. Which is what I am really looking for. It seems awfully cheaty for e-drain to stop, just because your messing with another ship. Unmanned probes its somewhat excusable, because I can pretend its hibernating, but I don't have that luxury with crewed pods. Can't just turn off life support systems IRL.. (At least without severe consequences lol) 

Edited by Ketatrypt

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.