I would love a larger radius SRB...

I mean come on, anyone who has tried to make the Space shuttle has run into the problem of the thin SRBs.

I don't think it would be that hard to just take the larger Kickback and make it wider...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that the larger one is usually too long for it's size anyway. I mainly find myself using Thumpers instead.

16 minutes ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

I mean come on, anyone who has tried to make the Space shuttle has run into the problem of the thin SRBs.

I don't think it would be that hard to just take the larger Kickback and make it wider...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that the larger one is usually too long for it's size anyway. I mainly find myself using Thumpers instead.

SpaceY has some large SRB's to use, here - Below -

13 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

you can use liquid fuel boosters

But then it's not the recreation build s/he wants, would work otherwise though.

Edited by KenjiKrafts

We might get a 1.875m booster in the upcoming DLC so that we can make rockets that look like Titan III. Source: We are getting an LM that uses the 1.875m form factor in a DLC about historical rockets.

9 hours ago, regex said:

We might get a 1.875m booster in the upcoming DLC so that we can make rockets that look like Titan III. Source: We are getting an LM that uses the 1.875m form factor in a DLC about historical rockets.

The second RoverDude screenshot showed a whole line of 1.875m fuel tanks (and 5m fwiw) as well as a asymmetric tapered Soyuz style tank (? Or SRB?)

On 13/04/2017 at 2:49 PM, MacLeod-Industries said:

I usually use two each side (for mk3 shuttles) but have them connected to each other and the one of the boosters connected to the decoupler. Looks pretty nice... though I probably haven't described it too well haha. I should really take more screen shots.

But yeah, a bigger one would be nice for doing Ares I type rockets. I have a SRB first stage in one of my 1.25m designs.. a scaled up version for a 2.5m design would be tres nice.

Ever heard of SpaceY?

On 4/13/2017 at 6:01 PM, regex said:

Wait, we're getting PARTS? And 1.875m parts as well? Are we finally getting a 1.875m line? I didn't know about this!

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

30 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Wait, we're getting PARTS? And 1.875m parts as well? Are we finally getting a 1.875m line? I didn't know about this!

Yep, it's been mentioned a few times in the KSP Weekly, first here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157842-ksp-weekly-what-a-week/

...which shows the first picture of a 1.25/1.875m LEM, which sorta implies a 1.875 line :) 

37 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Ever heard of SpaceY?

Yeah it's a big part of the pack. If the mission designer stuff doesn't really do anything for me, the parts are the next biggest thing I'm looking forward to.

On 15-4-2017 at 7:16 PM, JonathanPerregaux said:

I use TweakScale on my SRBs, usually when I'm trying to haul an actual building into space.

When you TweakScale the Kickbacks and to 150% size and the orange tank to 200%, you will find they are scaled *exactly* right for a Shuttle replica.

Why Squad chose to shrink those parts while they were obviously "inspired" by the Space Shuttle system is beyond me.

10 hours ago, Stoney3K said:

When you TweakScale the Kickbacks and to 150% size and the orange tank to 200%, you will find they are scaled *exactly* right for a Shuttle replica.

Why Squad chose to shrink those parts while they were obviously "inspired" by the Space Shuttle system is beyond me.

Well, to be fair, the Mk3 parts were quite a bit smaller back then too, so...

Edited by GluttonyReaper

On 15.4.2017 at 8:45 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Ever heard of SpaceY?

@OrbitalBuzzsaw Only Addonwise.

@topic procedural parts are actual a wayaround to get a SRB in a look-a-like format i think. And like it was mentioned on other place it will maybe be the way to go for KSP. Some stile basic models. And through tech tree ability to procedural tweacking of the parts for tanks, engines, SRB's and maybe wings.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.