Overheat (and explosion) on Staging

Hi All,

Whenever I stage with some sort of a decoupler  there are many explosions. I have tested a variety of setups on the launch pad and regardless of ejection force settings any SRBs or rocket motors attached to the part being jettisoned explodes instantly. I checked F3 and it's apparently due to internal heat.

I have some mods installed too and I suspect it might be a real fuels problem, I also see that 'Solver Engine plugin' has been installed as a dependency.

Any help would be appreciated even if that help is 'go talk to the developer of _____ mod'.

Cheers

Are you sure you have them placed correctly?  Getting the boosters on the radial decouplers can be a bit quirky.  A screenshot is always helpful.

Do you have sepatrons aiming toward the rocket?

Is the exploding part even close to some other engine exaust?

Well in that case it does sound like a mod issue, the only real solution to solving that is to remove each non-essential mod one at a time (or a few at a time) till it stops.  If it still happens, you may have to remove any mod parts from the craft and keep going.  If you can, make your first test with no mods and all and start adding back mods instead, that will let you know if it is a stock issue or a mod issue to begin with.

19 hours ago, PickleBranston said:

Hi Alshain,

Sure they were connected correctly, I'll grab a screen tomorrow. Any parts that aren't the engines separate correctly.

No seperatrons were used, and nothing had been run in these tests so I cannot be an exhaust issue.

Cheers

I had this too on my mod career game.  I'm using Ferram Aerospace, Real Fuels, Stockalike Engines for Real Fuels, Advanced Jet Engine . I also have Interstellar though I haven't unlocked any of those engines yet.

My engines started exploding from overheat on staging too.    I just started using the "ignore max temp" cheat while staging.  After  a few seconds of operation, temperatures come down anyway.  You can see in this video,  my upper stage engine would have exploded had i not been using the cheat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.