D3D9 error on startup

The RivaTuner Statistics Server 7.0.0 beta came out on April 10th, and so far that seems to work with this Build 1703 ATI test bed and KSP_x64 on Direct3D 9. The Afterburner installer also installs the June 2010 DirectX 9 kit automatically. Hopefully a 7.0 not-beta release is coming.

While the current Afterburner and RivaTuner Statistics Server require UAC prompting, and thus I wouldn't recommend them, they do seem to work. I didn't even bother with the 6.6.0 release that came with the current Afterburner because it prompted me to get the 7.0.0 version on first launch. Not to mention Guru3D's infested with fake driver update ads. People wonder why I block ad network domains on my DNS servers.

I prefer NVidia's GeForce Experience and NVidia Share myself for showing frame rates, video capture, and performance tuning. Also these work without UAC prompting unless it tries to self-update, which I've complained about to NVidia already. GFE uses background services to avoid UAC prompting.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Forgot to mention was running Windows 10 1703 here

Confirmed on this end. 7.0 beta of RTSS fixes the issue.  That version can be installed on top of the one bundled with MSI Afterburner (just requires a restart).  Thanks for finding out about that release Gordon. 

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html

Edited by ziporama
Added link

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.