What if the Kraken is a benevolent organism?

Kosmonaut

OK, this is just a random thought, but what if the Kraken is benevolent? What if it has the best interests of kerbals at hand?

These are my examples of Kraken 'Attacks', and why they are not as they seem

- When a kerbal hits the ground at incredible speeds: This can make the Kraken strike, sending the kerbal out of the Kerbolar System at FTL Speeds. This is because the Kraken is saving the Kerbal, and giving them the chance to come to terms with their death before their oxygen runs out

- EVA on reentry: The Kraken giving the Kerbal a quick death rather than letting them burn to death in the atmosphere

- Large rockets: The Kraken knows huge rockets tend to not end well for the Kerbals, and mercifully kills them beforehand

- Bop: Does this look like an evil organism? The beak isn't even sharp. There are no hooks or suckers. The eyes are not red. It's just a cute little space watermelon.

Related image

Edited by Kosmonaut

33 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Hmmm, but they still strike on my unmanned missions, mont notably every time I try to jettison the fairings...

Fairings are bad spacejunk which the kraken can foresee hitting a manned ship in the future?

I don't buy it, on one hand you are suggesting that it will fling an astronaut into space to allow them to come to terms with their death, but on the other hand kill them quickly with an unwanted reentry.

I suspect the Kraken is more "chaotic neutral," in that it does what it wants regardless of what we desire, and none of our plans and hopes can change or effect its actions.

5 hours ago, W. Kerman said:

The Kraken? It is not benevolent. Just a wee bit of part clipping, and It appears...

I try to load a plane I had landed which I tested many times with promising results only to see it turn into a nuke and turn my runway into a mess.

I doubt the Kraken is helping my kerbals, it just has severe disinterest in them and wants to end them. :/

6 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I try to load a plane I had landed which I tested many times with promising results only to see it turn into a nuke and turn my runway into a mess.

I'm sorry, of course the kraken destroyed your plane! It had the potential to be a nuke! :D

21 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

If you need to deal with a Deep Space Kraken then send a Deep Space Whale to hunt it.

No big squid can survive a whale so why not try it with a Deep Space Whale.

That reads like an ad underwritten by Big Cetacean.  :P

17 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

How can he could possibly benevolent! Remeber the Kerbonomicon:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Kra'kn B'op wgah'nagl fhtagn

If that is not evil, I don't know what is.

So your telling me that you don't what's evil anymore, then. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.