[1.12.x] Crew R&R - Crew Rest & Rotation

linuxgurugamer

On 4/2/2019 at 6:50 AM, gap said:

Other than that, as noted by someone else I love the minimalistic approach of this mod but I miss information on which astronauts are on leave and for how long. How hard would be integrating that information in the stock interface or getting it in a new window?

Since there isn't a window for it now, it would be a totally new development.  Not necessarily huge, but not insignificant

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Since there isn't a window for it now, it would be a totally new development.  Not necessarily huge, but not insignificant

Thank you for your reply LGG, I understand that. Any hope that you can put such a feature in your todo list, maybe with a low priority level? :)

Changing of topic, what about my other issue with the automatic crew assignment? Can it be caused by an incompatibility between the current Crew R&R release and v 1.6.1 of the game? From the thread title I see that only v. 1.5.x is supported...

1 hour ago, gap said:

Changing of topic, what about my other issue with the automatic crew assignment? Can it be caused by an incompatibility between the current Crew R&R release and v 1.6.1 of the game? From the thread title I see that only v. 1.5.x is supported.

It works fine in 1.6, no update was needed.

your problem might be with how and when you place the command pod.  I've seen the game sometimes NOT put anyone in the pods, if, for example, the pod is either not the root or not the first part placed.

When this happens again, please send me the save file as close to that point as possible. In other words, if you notice that no crew was assigned, revert and exit, and then send me the log filess, the save file along with the craft which had the problem

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It works fine in 1.6, no update was needed.

I was guessing so, but thank you for confirming that. On a side note, just for your information: CKAN states KSP v. 1.6.0 as the maximum compatible version, so you might want to update that information.

your problem might be with how and when you place the command pod.  I've seen the game sometimes NOT put anyone in the pods, if, for example, the pod is either not the root or not the first part placed.

mmm... I don't think that to be the culprit. During most (if not all) of my tests, the pod was the first part I had placed. Moreover, the problem only appeared with CR&R installed. Never had anything similar in vanilla game.

When this happens again, please send me the save file as close to that point as possible. In other words, if you notice that no crew was assigned, revert and exit, and then send me the log filess, the save file along with the craft which had the problem

Here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/69o686y6fwadw89/KSP_+_CR%26R_save_and_log_files_for_linuxgurugamer.7z/file

I hope those are all the files you need. Please let me know in case you miss any :)

Sorry, today I realized that my upload of yesterday didn't include the output_log.txt. Here is a new set of log files, including the latter log:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e7bfcoil2s55qbk/log_files_for_linuxgurugamer.7z/file

Save game and rocket save didn't change from yesterday. Included in today's zip archive is the .ckan file of the mods I am currently using, in case some other mod messes with Crew R&R.

To be clear, what I did before sending you the logs was pressing the crew assignment button in the VAB and, in the next window, I pressed the 'Fill' button and the 'Reset' button (or whatever is called the button on the bottom right  of that window; I am playing the Italian version of the game). In both cases, no effect was sorted (the crew slot was empty from the beginning and it stayed empty). After that I closed the game and I zipped the log files.

Edited by gap

@linuxgurugamer 

Quick update: after installing the KCT mod, I think CrewR&R started working properly. Automatic crew assignment works as expected in the corresponding KCT  window (though it is still doesn't work in the stock crew assignment interface, i.e. the one accessible from the VAB). Moreover,  resting astronauts are now displayed in the Astronaut Complex, with the specification that they are on leave and the time required for them to be on duty again; before, they simply disappeared from the list of the available astronauts, and no information was visible on when they would have been available again.

On 4/4/2019 at 4:05 AM, gap said:

Sorry, today I realized that my upload of yesterday didn't include the output_log.txt. Here is a new set of log files, including the latter log:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e7bfcoil2s55qbk/log_files_for_linuxgurugamer.7z/file

Save game and rocket save didn't change from yesterday. Included in today's zip archive is the .ckan file of the mods I am currently using, in case some other mod messes with Crew R&R.

To be clear, what I did before sending you the logs was pressing the crew assignment button in the VAB and, in the next window, I pressed the 'Fill' button and the 'Reset' button (or whatever is called the button on the bottom right  of that window; I am playing the Italian version of the game). In both cases, no effect was sorted (the crew slot was empty from the beginning and it stayed empty). After that I closed the game and I zipped the log files.

Hi,

I've been able to get it to fail intermittently.

I built a debug version for you  here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8higtpgcx7aucmt/CrewRandR-1.1.9.2.zip?dl=0

Please install it and get it to fail, once it fails, send me the log files along with the save file.

Thx

On 4/2/2019 at 6:50 AM, gap said:

Other than that, as noted by someone else I love the minimalistic approach of this mod but I miss information on which astronauts are on leave and for how long. How hard would be integrating that information in the stock interface or getting it in a new window?

BTW, the Astronaut Complex should show you who's on leave and for how long,  Would that be sufficient?

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi,

I've been able to get it to fail intermittently.

I built a debug version for you  here:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/8higtpgcx7aucmt/CrewRandR-1.1.9.2.zip?dl=0

Please install it and get it to fail, once it fails, send me the log files along with the save file.

Thx

Hi linuxgurugamer and thank you for taking the time to inspect the Crew R&R issue I had pointed out the last week. As I said in my last post here, the problems were mostly cured by running CR&R together with KCT, so I suppose that for better testing your latest built of CR&R, I will have to uninstall KCT:

On 4/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, gap said:

after installing the KCT mod, I think CrewR&R started working properly. Automatic crew assignment works as expected in the corresponding KCT  window (though it is still doesn't work in the stock crew assignment interface, i.e. the one accessible from the VAB).

---

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

BTW, the Astronaut Complex should show you who's on leave and for how long,  Would that be sufficient?

This is actually one of the issues that have vanished after installing KCT. Before doing it, astronauts on leave were completely removed from the Astronaut Complex list, so no information on when they would have been on duty again was available:

On 4/5/2019 at 1:04 PM, gap said:

...resting astronauts are now displayed in the Astronaut Complex, with the specification that they are on leave and the time required for them to be on duty again; before, they simply disappeared from the list of the available astronauts, and no information was visible on when they would have been available again.

2 hours ago, gap said:

Hi linuxgurugamer and thank you for taking the time to inspect the Crew R&R issue I had pointed out the last week. As I said in my last post here, the problems were mostly cured by running CR&R together with KCT, so I suppose that for better testing your latest built of CR&R, I will have to uninstall KCT:

---

This is actually one of the issues that have vanished after installing KCT. Before doing it, astronauts on leave were completely removed from the Astronaut Complex list, so no information on when they would have been on duty again was available:

Strange.  I wonder if you had a bad install, sounds like multiple things weren't working

For testing, rather than uninstalling and messing up your current game, take the save file you sent me, put it into a new folder and access that

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 5:21 PM, The-Doctor said:

So does this mod have a ui? I haven't seen any

On 9/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No UI, it just works

Well, sort of a UI: in the astronaut center, for kerbals who are on R&R, it shows a timer that says when they'll become available for missions again.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, paul23 said:

Not to pester you, but is it possible to update the version number? - Or are there non trivial checks that first have to be applied?

Takes time. If you dont like the AVC message, then just delete the .version file, or use the AVC dialog to trll it that all 1.7 mods are fine

30 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

It doesn't show on CKAN. Should I just wait patiently or is it manual install only now?

Wait patiently as it takes a while for changes to propagate through CKAN.

• 1 month later...

Hi all !
First of all, that's a great mod, I discoveerd it recently, and, well, I'm into it. I love the idea that someone has to rest after a spacetrip, go on vacation, sees his/her family, etc...

I just got a little problem, it's when I want to test a plane, or make a short flight to the island airfield, or just a take off and landing to test my plane, the crew still go on vacation. Like, he piloted for 10 minutes, he now rest a whole day ! ( The minimum in settings). Is there a way to wait that the kerbal has totalized ten day in service since last rest before going to rest (for of course, 10% of the duration since last rest) ?

What do you think about that ?

Have a nice lithobraking :)

6 hours ago, Sppion1 said:

Is there a way to wait that the kerbal has totalized ten day in service since last rest before going to rest (for of course, 10% of the duration since last rest) ?

I like this idea of a minimum "trigger" for R&R mode, whether it be based on duration during a single launch/mission, a concurrent number of short flights, or maybe even conditional (force R&R for going up into orbit, even if they come right back down). It could make for some interesting planning and strategy when you have limited crew options (such as monthly budgets, etc. enabled).

Also -- the ability to yank somebody back from vacation (and take an extra pay or reputation hit) in case of emergencies would be cool as well.