[1.12.x] Crew R&R - Crew Rest & Rotation

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

Will this or an older version work on 1.7.3.
Can you make it possible to extend the off time for someone that has been on a mission for yrs. Someone that has taken a trip to Jool should get more than 28 days.

Edited by David H

9 hours ago, David H said:

Will this or an older version work on 1.7.3.
Can you make it possible to extend the off time for someone that has been on a mission for yrs. Someone that has taken a trip to Jool should get more than 28 days.

Install the correct version for 1.7.3.  If using CKAN, it will get the right version, otherwise, you can download it from here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CrewRandR/releases/tag/1.1.9.2

I could extend the time-off, but that would only be for 1.8.x versions

Go into the stock settings page, find the tab for Crew R&R.  There will be a slider which you can use to extend the max vacation days to 100

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 12/26/2019 at 11:58 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Install the correct version for 1.7.3.  If using CKAN, it will get the right version, otherwise, you can download it from here:

It won't let me.
https://prnt.sc/qgnsbl
https://prnt.sc/qgnsgo
https://prnt.sc/qgnsl5
https://prnt.sc/qgnsqk

Should I try 1.1.9.2. or 1.1.10 since it's good for 1.8
https://prnt.sc/qgnt61

Edited by David H

11 minutes ago, David H said:

In CKAN go to the Settings menu and "Compatible KSP Versions" and check the boxes for 1.7, 1.6, 1.5 and 1.4 that will tell CKAN that you want to allow it to install older versions of mods.

For KSP 1.7.3 most, but NOT all, mods released for the 1.4 to 1.7 versions of KSP are usually compatible - always check the mod's forum page for any information about compatibility.

15 minutes ago, David H said:

Should I try 1.1.9.2. or 1.1.10 since it's good for 1.8

For 1.7.3 you should never try to install a 1.8 version of a mod. There were a lot of changes to the way KSP works with plug-ins between versions 1.7.3 and 1.8. The only exception would be pure part mods with no plug-in DLL which MAY work depending on how their shaders are configured.

1 minute ago, Aelfhe1m said:

In CKAN go to the Settings menu and "Compatible KSP Versions" and check the boxes for 1.7, 1.6, 1.5 and 1.4 that will tell CKAN that you want to allow it to install older versions of mods.

For KSP 1.7.3 most, but NOT all, mods released for the 1.4 to 1.7 versions of KSP are usually compatible - always check the mod's forum page for any information about compatibility.

For 1.7.3 you should never try to install a 1.8 version of a mod. There were a lot of changes to the way KSP works with plug-ins between versions 1.7.3 and 1.8. The only exception would be pure part mods with no plug-in DLL which MAY work depending on how their shaders are configured.

Ok so which 1.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

I set my minimum vacation days to 1 and wondered why Val will be available again in less than 6 hours, where it should be 12 hours in JNSQ. Apparently, day length is fixed to 6 hours instead of the real day length.

Could be, it was made for stock.  I'll take a look, shouldn't be too difficult to fix

• 1 month later...

Request:

Could the 'maximum' vacation time please be extended beyond 100 days, and the maximum % be extended beyond 100%.

Suggestion:

300% maximum, up to 1000 days max.

I don't use KCT, but I am currently running a career where I only launch once every 20 days.

Even with the current maximums, such a schedule means the mod has almost no impact.

It would be nice, for example, if I send Kerbals on 100+ days / multi-year missions that they get taken off 'active duty' for a substantial period of time afterwards.

5 hours ago, Cooper42 said:

Request:

Could the 'maximum' vacation time please be extended beyond 100 days, and the maximum % be extended beyond 100%.

Suggestion:

300% maximum, up to 1000 days max.

I don't use KCT, but I am currently running a career where I only launch once every 20 days.

Even with the current maximums, such a schedule means the mod has almost no impact.

It would be nice, for example, if I send Kerbals on 100+ days / multi-year missions that they get taken off 'active duty' for a substantial period of time afterwards.

You could try editing your persistent.sfs and see what happens:

CrewRandRCustomParams
{
  VacationScalar = 25
  enabled = True
  AssignCrews = True
  vacationScalar = 0.25
  MinimumVacationDays = 1
  MaximumVacationDays = 100
}

...looks pretty self-explanatory.

Although having two vacation scalars, one capitalized, the other lower case, look a bit odd to me. My uneducated guess would be one is what is displayed to the user, the other is used to actually calculate stuff–but why that conversion wouldn't take place automatically inside the plugin seems strange. Just in case, I'd set both to the same values, ie. for your idea, it would look something like this:

CrewRandRCustomParams
{
  VacationScalar = 300
  enabled = True
  AssignCrews = True
  vacationScalar = 3.0
  MinimumVacationDays = 20
  MaximumVacationDays = 1000
}

I don't know if that actually works, but I'd say it's worth a try. Just be sure to make a backup copy of your original persistent.sfs file in case it doesn't ; )

Edited by Corax
...and do report back your findings!

On 3/21/2019 at 3:02 AM, Murdabenne said:

Would this be properly handled by CRR making a KAC entry?  No need to duplicate a feature that someone else has already done the work for. 

@linuxgurugamer

I have been going back and forth whether to suggest exactly that, only to see you yourself have already been considering integrating with Kerbal Alarm Clock. Would that make it a FRF (frequently requested feature)?  : )

On 4/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, Corax said:

You could try editing your persistent.sfs and see what happens:

CrewRandRCustomParams
{
  VacationScalar = 25
  enabled = True
  AssignCrews = True
  vacationScalar = 0.25
  MinimumVacationDays = 1
  MaximumVacationDays = 100
}

...looks pretty self-explanatory.

Although having two vacation scalars, one capitalized, the other lower case, look a bit odd to me. My uneducated guess would be one is what is displayed to the user, the other is used to actually calculate stuff–but why that conversion wouldn't take place automatically inside the plugin seems strange. Just in case, I'd set both to the same values, ie. for your idea, it would look something like this:

CrewRandRCustomParams
{
  VacationScalar = 300
  enabled = True
  AssignCrews = True
  vacationScalar = 3.0
  MinimumVacationDays = 20
  MaximumVacationDays = 1000
}

I don't know if that actually works, but I'd say it's worth a try. Just be sure to make a backup copy of your original persistent.sfs file in case it doesn't ; )

This works, thanks.

As long as the UI in the difficulty settings isn't touched after making the changes in the persistent.sfs file, this seems to work.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 6:27 AM, gap said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer ,

for your information: CKAN says that the max game version compatible with the latest release of this mod  (1.1.10.4) is KSP v1.8.1. Maybe you should updated its metadata.

Metadata is lagging on quite a few things.  @linuxgurugamer Is there a problem with these mods or with CKAN?

Edited by Murdabenne

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Tell CKAN that 1.8 mods are compatible with 1.10.

I currently support over 230 mods.  I dont have time to update all the mods every time a new version of KSP is released

@linuxgurugamer I understand the workload though - you have rescued so many mods that I dearly love, so no biggie if I have to hunt thru using the version switch in CKAN. The forward compatibility tagging has always been an issue with CKAN.

Problem is the new shaders, etc did break a few things going 1.8 -> upward (it murdered Kopernicus for a while). I don't expect it to have any issue here, except maybe complaints from loading an "incompatible" older version, or AVC flagging it.  I'm getting to the point where I may have some time to go thru metadata if you'd like any help, starting in October - I can submit PRs

(masters: the nursing management of post-acute recovery in non-geriatric cardiovascular thoracic surgery patients - basically all the stuff that happens after we save your life with heart surgery and you go home; all about how to make sure you stay well and don't have to come back for more surgeries or heart attacks.)

Edited by Murdabenne

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.1.11

• Added short-mission mode, where any mission < specified hours will have a much short vacation

Oh, nice!

Though I was justifying the minimum one-day hiatus as accounting for all the paperwork after a test flight :)

• 2 months later...

I've discovered a bug, where this mod was singled out.

Hence I think this is not compatible with KSP 1.11.1.3066 as of this moment.

I have "tons of mods" installed. 69 to be exact. With Crew R&&R I had 70, but also an annoying delay when using the right-click menu's on parts within the VAB. Example: Start a new career and pick a MK1, then right click it to get the menu and start clicking the "Lights On" button.

My experience is that is does not work. Then when I click it several times in a row it suddenly works every now and them. For me it is more or less random like the game has lots of lag and my clicks performed when a lag is hitting is not catched by the game. I went through my mod list and everything works fine when Crew R&&R is uninstalled.

Picture of the menu and where I experience the bug

BUT I wanted to check if this is related to only this mod or in relation everything else I have... so I also moved my install to another folder and re-installed KSP 1.11.1.3066  only with the Crew R&&R mod. This also added Clickthrough blocker, Module manager, Toolbar controller and Zero MiniAVC. 

The experience was that I do NOT experience the same issues with a clean vanilla install and only Crew R&&R and the dependency mods... wierd.

@Linuxgurugamer:
You asked me to share a logfile. I am sorry to say that I am only familiar with the .txt files created when I experience a ctd. As far as I understand there are no such files created in this case. How do I create/find a file that may pinpoint the technical details for you?

Edited by EasyAce

Just now, EasyAce said:

asked me to share a logfile. I am sorry to say that I am only familiar with the .txt files created when I experience a ctd. As far as I understand there are no such files created in this case. How do I create/find a file that may pinpoint the technical details for you

My signature has a link for info

2 hours ago, EasyAce said:

BUT I wanted to check if this is related to only this mod or in relation everything else I have... so I also moved my install to another folder and re-installed KSP 1.11.1.3066  only with the Crew R&&R mod. This also added Clickthrough blocker, Module manager, Toolbar controller and Zero MiniAVC. 

Yes. so this mean that there are multiple contributors to the problem.

2 hours ago, EasyAce said:

The experience was that I do NOT experience the same issues with a clean vanilla install and only Crew R&&R and the dependency mods... wierd.

So now you have the wonderful and fulfilling job to find the next mod that contributes to this problem.    I didn't see anything at all in the log file you sent.

If all of your mods were installed via CKAN, do a CKAN export and get me the file, that will make it easier for me to reproduce your setup

1 hour ago, EasyAce said:

I found this in the log file, in the section where you are entering the editor:

[Scatterer][Error] Destroying duplicate instance, check your install for duplicate scatterer folders, or nested GameData folder

Could you install the  mod: Notes2Log and use it to add notes to the log file before and after you've tried the click?