[1.12.x] Crew R&R - Crew Rest & Rotation

linuxgurugamer

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

CKAN is being updated now, it should be available to install with KCT in a few minutes.

Sorry for the wrong info earlier, I deal with so many mods, sometimes I forget what I've done with each one

lol no worries, you do a lot of good work for all of us

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

CKAN is being updated now, it should be available to install with KCT in a few minutes.

Sorry for the wrong info earlier, I deal with so many mods, sometimes I forget what I've done with each one

Well, there's a problem.   KCT isn't listed on CKAN as being available for 1.3

I've contacted @magico13 about it

5 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

I find in 1.2.2 they both work well together,  although I've just now noticed you've fixed the astronaut centre performance issues.  THANKS!!! That is most appreciated!

Thanks.

I've updated CKAN, it should now allow both in a 1.2.2 install

@linuxgurugamer Looking through the version updates on SpaceDock, I noticed that the Astronaut Complex performance issues were addressed for the KSP 1.3 versions.  I've grabbed the latest version.  Provided I can "open/read" the dll in what google tells me to use (MS Visual Studio?), is it possible to copy the astronaut complex fix and add it into the last KSP 1.2.2 version of Crew R&R?  Is that a thing?  Or, can I just copy what looks like the fix from GitHub into a config file?  Or am I way out in left field here?  Reason being I'm not quite ready to jump into 1.3 yet....

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Far left field, I'm sorry to say. It's not a config change it's a code change. You could try recompiling for 1.2.2, unfortunately I don't have any time to do it right now. Sorry

Ok thanks linux.  Always wanted to learn what "recompile dll for x version" involved.  I will try to do that.  To the Google-machine!

Edited by smotheredrun

2 hours ago, Leo_G. said:

Just a thought, but have you tried reaching out to @Snark to integrate this and BetterCrewAssignment mods.  They are both really useful, and adding this functionality to BCA shouldn't be that difficult.

Why not just install both? Or are you saying that they're incompatible?

On 8/14/2017 at 9:23 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

These mod do opposite things. Better Crew Assignment keeps the same kerbals in the same ships.  R&R send them on vacation.

Ideally the two mods should be combined.  But thats not going to happen.

Yep

4 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Why not just install both? Or are you saying that they're incompatible?

No.  The creator of the mod is saying it's incompatible, right in the description of the mod.  See the very first post of the thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Oneiros said:

Nice mod, I really like the idea of this. Thanks for reviving it! :)

As someone else said, the standard minimum 7 day R&R seems a bit long for those brief early missions on a flea booster, or sitting on the launchpad / wandering around KSC collecting science.

I did reduce the minimum R&R period via the slider to the lowest allowable setting of 1 day, but I still feel that this is a bit long if they never actually flew a proper mission.

Could you perhaps take into account mission duration, like your recommended companion mod "Earn Your Stripes" does? Ideally we could specify the minimum amount of time a kerbonaut has to log (potentially over multiple missions) before they qualify for R&R. Otherwise the little buggers might start getting lazy.

If you're too busy, I'm happy to look into this, and will probably end up doing so for my own satisfaction anyway. It's either that or firing them all (except Valentina of course) and replacing them with probe cores.

It's a constant in the file.  But while do you think that 1 day is still too long?  what about all the preparation time to get ready for a mission, and then all the debriefings?

I mean, really?  These are experimental flights, there has to be _some_ downtime.

But, if you really want to change it, it's a single line to change here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/CrewRandR/blob/c0cd212b0e00c9b8acc15281eed2cb3f0948c0e1/Source/CrewQueueSettings.cs#L168

The way it's written is that the min/max number of vacation days is an int, so you can change it to 0, which would essentially make this mod useless

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, EasyAce said:

It is not working for me. My Kerbals are still available after flight. Also I see no ingame icons or buttons.

Is it a comp. issue with Final F?

Also, make sure you don't have "Better Crew Assignment" installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Its an interesting mod.  I'm liking using it.  I play with reverts and quickloads off so I have had a situation a few times where I launched a vessel and before actually doing anything, recovered the vessel for some reason.  Which puts the crew on R&R.   I don't know if there is an elegant solution that could cover this edge case.  Its not that big a deal. 

6 hours ago, eberkain said:

Its an interesting mod.  I'm liking using it.  I play with reverts and quickloads off so I have had a situation a few times where I launched a vessel and before actually doing anything, recovered the vessel for some reason.  Which puts the crew on R&R.   I don't know if there is an elegant solution that could cover this edge case.  Its not that big a deal. 

As you say, it's an edge case.  And rather hard to catch.

It's not really worth my time right now, and I'm not even sure it's possible, I would have to do some research on it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2018 at 4:48 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

As you say, it's an edge case.  And rather hard to catch.

It's not really worth my time right now, and I'm not even sure it's possible, I would have to do some research on it.

Since it already keeps track of the mission time couldn't you just alter that bit so a mission has to last a certain amount of time before the R&R is needed